[REMOVE ADS]

Dionne Warwick to Release New Album “The Voices of Christmas” on Oct. 18th, 2019

Dionne Warwick Releases New Christmas Album
    The Grammy Award winning singer duets with current and veteran artists on holiday recording.
    NEW YORK [[PRWEB) OCTOBER 01,2019 – Enjoying a year of achievements from earning the Lifetime Achievement Grammy Award to having a Top 3 album with “She’s Back”, the legendary Dionne Warwick will release her latest record, “The Voices of Christmas,” this fall.
    Currently signed with S-Curve/BMG Records, Dionne’s holiday album features duets with a wide range of artists, such as the Oak Ridge Boys, Michael McDonald, Dianne Reeves, Boyz II Men’s Wayna Morris, sister duo Chloe X Halle, Aloe Blacc and Johnny Mathis.
    “The Voices of Christmas” is produced by Damon Elliott, known for his works with Destiny’s Child, Pink and Christina Aguilera. He is also one of Dionne’s sons, who worked on both of her “Dionne Sings Dionne” and “She’s Back” albums.
    Dionne is currently performing at Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas. Her Christmas album will be available on October 18th.
    Name:  Dionne-Warwick-611x1024.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  87.5 KB

Tracklist:
    01 – Silent Night
    02 – Jingle Bells [[feat. John Rich, The Oak Ridge Boys & Ricky Skaggs)
    03 – Frosty The Snowman [[feat. Eric Paslay)
    04 – God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman [[feat. Dianne Reeves)
    05 – Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas [[feat. Jason Scheff)
    06 – White Christmas [[feat. Johnny Mathis)
    07 – This Christmas [[feat. Aloe Blacc)
    08 – The Christmas Song [[feat. Wanya Morris)
    09 – Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer [[feat. Andra Day)
    10 – Jingle Bell Rock [[feat. Michael McDonald)
    11 – Silver Bells [[feat. Chloe x Halle)
    12 – First Noel

Downloaded this morning on Spotify when released, first I must say I love Dionne, but so far I am not convinced about this album, arrangements does not inspire, but also vocals do not seem strong on many tracks, hope that it may grow, but guests are also weak?

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Tracklist:
    01 – Silent Night
    02 – Jingle Bells [[feat. John Rich, The Oak Ridge Boys & Ricky Skaggs)
    03 – Frosty The Snowman [[feat. Eric Paslay)
    04 – God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman [[feat. Dianne Reeves)
    05 – Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas [[feat. Jason Scheff)
    06 – White Christmas [[feat. Johnny Mathis)
    07 – This Christmas [[feat. Aloe Blacc)
    08 – The Christmas Song [[feat. Wanya Morris)
    09 – Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer [[feat. Andra Day)
    10 – Jingle Bell Rock [[feat. Michael McDonald)
    11 – Silver Bells [[feat. Chloe x Halle)
    12 – First Noel

I am a huge Dionne fan but i am not very excited about this release. Her previous festive album was quite pleasant, but her voice was in better shape than it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs View Post
    Downloaded this morning on Spotify when released, first I must say I love Dionne, but so far I am not convinced about this album, arrangements does not inspire, but also vocals do not seem strong on many tracks, hope that it may grow, but guests are also weak?
    Please let us know if it is indeed a grower. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs View Post
    Sadly, I have to agree with you. I was disappointed. I was impressed though that some tracks had some very lush strings in the background. Her voice has unfortunately changed with age and lifestyle, but I believe she sounds better on the current live videos I've watched on Youtube than on this album. I think she was trying to use her higher whispy head voice on a lot of the tracks, but it came off also sounding weak and limited in range. I think she could still put out some solid recordings with the right producer. These recordings don't really show her off in the best light. I like the cover photo/art though. She looks very sweet and lovely.

I couldn't finish listening to it. I was only hearing a damaged voice. It was like Aretha Franklin, I couldn't listen to her new music either.
    She has record deals, so someone likes what she's doing, she been putting out a lot of music lately.

It did grow a little more on me last night, but only around 4 tracks, sadly I could not even recognise the voice of Johnny Mathis, who I have always loved so much.