[REMOVE ADS]

Katherine anderson interview tonight - r&b showcase

Tonight, Tim Marshall & L.C. will be interviewing Katherine Anderson-Schaffner on the R&B Showcase. You can check for Kat around the 9:30 break.

http://rnbshowcasemag.com/radio

Oh this should be good! I'll be listening. Thanks Juice!

Marv:

My pleasure!

Kat:

It's nice to hear this interview & you're the tops. Very nice interview & very nice to hear Frank Johnson & Diane Brown.

You need to do more interviews because your insight is great & you have a wonderful sense of humor. Oh yeah...

The Marvelettes definitely played a HUGE role in the success of Motown. Had The Marvelettes not had such huge success, history as we know it could've been FAR different & you ladies, collectively known as The Marvelettes deserve your props!

Kat is talking about the Marvelettes first appearance on American Bandstand when it was out of Philly and also when they were on Swingin Time the first time........ Good Stuff!

I wished there was a way to tape this interview/show. This is a history lesson! She just reminisced about the shows at the Uptown Theater in Philly and how everyone would go to Miss Pearls house behind the theater to eat ,etc. The music is well placed throughout the interview as well.

Marv,

I used to be able to tape show on my laptop. I don't know what happened, but for whatever reason, that's no longer the case. Kat's a very lively interviewee & fun to listen to.

And now they're playing my favorite Marvelettes jam, "Don't Mess With Bill".

Ahhhh...to be 5 going on 6 years-old again!

Marv,

You can search the internet for software to record streaming audio.....there are several free versions available.

Came in late, but listening intently. Kat is very sweet, humble and personable......and honest.

She just cleared up the misconception of Wanda singing more leads that Gladys Horton. She also speaks about the Motown at the White House program and that she feels sorry that the President's research team didn't do a better job on Motown and it's history.

Quote Originally Posted by destruction View Post
    Marv,

You can search the internet for software to record streaming audio.....there are several free versions available.

Came in late, but listening intently. Kat is very sweet, humble and personable......and honest.

Thank you Destruction. I am hoping I can before the program ends. This is a KEEPER!!!

Has anyone got a copy that the rest of us can listen to.

I didn't see this thread until I woke up the next morning. I'd love to hear the interview.

John:

I'll ask Tim if he has any plans of replaying it. I knew that this was going to be an interview that a lot of people here wanted to hear. I didn't have the time to get the info up faster & I apologize for that. I'll see what Tim says.

Thank you Juice. I appreciate your help.

Quote Originally Posted by juicefree20 View Post
    Marv,

I used to be able to tape show on my laptop. I don't know what happened, but for whatever reason, that's no longer the case. Kat's a very lively interviewee & fun to listen to.

And now they're playing my favorite Marvelettes jam, "Don't Mess With Bill".

Ahhhh...to be 5 going on 6 years-old again!
    Juice! Your comment just made me remember why I should be thank for many things. When I was that age, I DID get to see the Marvelettes perform Don't Mess With Bill in person at a show they did at City Park in Toledo, Ohio! My brother remembers it better, but I was there!