About Product Images

This image is a general representation of the item and the actual product may differ slightly in terms of color shading, logo placement, borders, or other small details. Used items may have various cosmetic differences as well.

Reid Inc

CD [[Item 932873) TK/Solid [[Japan), 1977 — Condition: New Copy

About June 1, 2020
CD

An obscure female soul project from 70s-era TK Records – one that features production by Clarence Reid, hence the group's name! The groove here is very much in the best Miami club mode of the time – upbeat, but still nicely gritty overall – more fast funk in the instrumentation, with slight touches of strings – and vocals from the quartet that slide nicely into the rhythms, which themselves bear plenty of TK touches! The whole thing's got a feel that's a lot better than you might guess from the cover – kind of a rougher take on the Gwen McCrae vibe of the time, almost set loose to do things with a more relaxed approach overall. And the vocals are surprisingly strong at points too – with one singer coming to the forefront with a deeper soul mode than you might expect. Titles include "I'll Be Damned If It's Me", "What Am I Gonna Do", "Push Me Back In The Corner", "More Of A Woman", "That's How It Is When You Are

I bought this when it first came out. A fun CD. Glad to see it be re-issued.