[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson on Her Friendship With Princess Margaret

Friendship? That's the same one Mary said was rude af... that's the same woman who left her booth before Marvin Gaye's performance in 1980.

Now I'm looking at that late appearance that year with a whole new set of eyes.

Had the nerve to leave. Unprofessional lol

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Friendship? That's the same one Mary said was rude af... that's the same woman who left her booth before Marvin Gaye's performance in 1980.

Now I'm looking at that late appearance that year with a whole new set of eyes.

Had the nerve to leave. Unprofessional lol
    Princess Margaret left a Marvin Gaye concert? I never heard about that. What was that about?

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Princess Margaret left a Marvin Gaye concert? I never heard about that. What was that about?
    Marvin went on a tour of Europe with Jeffrey Kruger. The tour had started sluggish due to MG's drug issues with several much better performances. The last gig was to be a Royal Command Performance in front of Princess Margaret at Drury Lane but Marvin, who was famously late for gigs and was legendary for his stage fright bouts, began complaining about not getting his money up front for the gig, according to a band mate of his.

Marvin had thoughts of canceling the show but decided last minute to perform but as it turned out, PM left. I think MG was like two hours late. He performed to a half house. She left. Papers claimed Marvin snubbed her. This was in 1980.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Marvin went on a tour of Europe with Jeffrey Kruger. The tour had started sluggish due to MG's drug issues with several much better performances. The last gig was to be a Royal Command Performance in front of Princess Margaret at Drury Lane but Marvin, who was famously late for gigs and was legendary for his stage fright bouts, began complaining about not getting his money up front for the gig, according to a band mate of his.

Marvin had thoughts of canceling the show but decided last minute to perform but as it turned out, PM left. I think MG was like two hours late. He performed to a half house. She left. Papers claimed Marvin snubbed her. This was in 1980.
    Ok, I remember that now. I wouldn't blame Princess Margaret for leaving after having to wait for 2 hours. It probably was after her bedtime by the time Marvin showed up. LOL!