[REMOVE ADS]

Wonderful Christmas Time in Red Vinyl

Will people still remember Diana Ross after Mary's publicity?

LOL.

Speaking of Supremes I really think Flo should have done "O Little Town of Bethlehem" when she was with the group.

Yeah, but the red vinyl version is $15 more than the black vinyl. I ordered the black vinyl from Amazon for $21 and the UMG site has the red for $36. Woof! $15 for the color red.

It’s more expensive to make! Is it really? Why would they do things Ike that?

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    It’s more expensive to make! Is it really? Why would they do things Ike that?

I have the CD without the extra songs

I might get the new CD with extra songs

I would not get either vinyl but I sure wouldn’t get the red vinyl in addition to the black vinyl

I pre-ordered the red version a few months ago. Ms Ross and The Supremes are amongst the handful of acts that I will always splurge on, when it comes to collectibles. It is extremely common these days for record labels to put out a limited edition run of a vinyl reissue on a different coloured disc and charge more for it. They do it because they know that they can get away with it in the collector's market.

Makes sense

I just ordered my red vinyl. It's expensive now, but not in 2 years when it's no longer available.

You guys are better collectors than me.

For those of you purchasing the red vinyl, may I ask from who are you ordering it? I know Merchbar has it, but I've never purchased from them before and their online reviews are like 90% negative. udiscovermusic.com also has it but I don't know that site either, though I didn't find any negative reviews about them.

FWIW, I just ordered the LP from uDiscover on Friday and it was delivered yesterday [[Monday). They were very reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by pghmusiclover View Post
    FWIW, I just ordered the LP from uDiscover on Friday and it was delivered yesterday [[Monday). They were very reliable.
    Thank you very much.

Thank you, I just ordered it from udiscovermusic.

Thank you as well I just ordered my copy today.

Maybe I should get one of these

As a Christmas present last year, we got a turntable again.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Maybe I should get one of these

As a Christmas present last year, we got a turntable again.
    Why not? These are issued as collectibles and are fun to own. How are you liking the lp 'thang? I'm tempted ...

Quite a lot; worth trying

I pre-ordered my red copy a couple of months ago from Merchbar and it shipped last week but it has not arrived yet. Anxiously awaiting its arrival!

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I pre-ordered my red copy a couple of months ago from Merchbar and it shipped last week but it has not arrived yet. Anxiously awaiting its arrival!
    You are the epitome of a true Supremes fan. You support all of them, speak negatively of none of them, support their concerts and love being the "first one on the block" to own their latest release, be it a CD, LP or Book.

Name:  SUPREMEPAINT.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  69.5 KB

Yah Carlo; also Brad is too

I don't possess a record player but am already playing my "Wonderful Christmas Time" cd here in October. I much prefer the new title, tracklisting and cover art.
    Last edited by Ollie9; 10-04-2019 at 07:10 AM.

There's a new cover and title? I tried to look at this article but I'm not seeing the changes although I understand they added the old Hallmark Cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    Thank you, I just ordered it from udiscovermusic.
    I ordered Oct 1st and it arrived today the 7th. I paid regular postage. Turns out udiscovermusic.com is an arm of UMG, so you are in essence ordering from the manufacture.

It was great to break the seal on a new Diana Ross album, like back in the day. As a fan, it is definitely worth the extra for the red vinyl.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I don't possess a record player but am already playing my "Wonderful Christmas Time" cd here in October. I much prefer the new title, tracklisting and cover art.
    You are very early! I always used to start playing my Christmas music on Dec 1st, and then as my collection grew i started on the 25th Nov. Last year i started on 10th Nov, and i reckon it will be early Nov this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    You are very early! I always used to start playing my Christmas music on Dec 1st, and then as my collection grew i started on the 25th Nov. Last year i started on 10th Nov, and i reckon it will be early Nov this year.
    I am a tad previous i guess lol. I really like this expanded cd. I'm pleased that it remains traditional in style. You can keep your "Frosty The Snowman" as far as i'm concerned, for the christmas season i prefer something a little more sedate.
    The only bum track for me is "Ave Maria", with wobbly vocal and clumsy annunciation. The rest is charming.
    How about U Bluebrock???. Is this the cd you will be stirring your christmas pudding mix to?.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    You are the epitome of a true Supremes fan. You support all of them, speak negatively of none of them, support their concerts and love being the "first one on the block" to own their latest release, be it a CD, LP or Book.
    Just saw this...thank you Milven

I'm getting one and that's that!!

The double red vinyl set is $10 off at the moment on Merch Bar:

https://www.merchbar.com/dance-elect...?ucc=US&ucl=CA

I am a tad previous i guess lol. I really like this expanded cd. I'm pleased that it remains traditional in style. You can keep your "Frosty The Snowman" as far as i'm concerned, for the christmas season i prefer something a little more sedate.
    The only bum track for me is "Ave Maria", with wobbly vocal and clumsy annunciation. The rest is charming.
    How about U Bluebrock???. Is this the cd you will be stirring your christmas pudding mix to?.
    It's one of many along with The Supremes, Nat King Cole,Mariah, Luther, Brenda Lee, J5, Celine Dion, Andy Williams, Johnny Mathis and many many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    It's one of many along with The Supremes, Nat King Cole,Mariah, Luther, Brenda Lee, J5, Celine Dion, Andy Williams, Johnny Mathis and many many more.
    For me it's Diana and Bab's all the way with perhaps a little bit of Kem thrown in for good measure.

For me it's Diana and Bab's all the way with perhaps a little bit of Kem thrown in for good measure.
    Babs would be in mine too. Not heard any Christmas music from Kem, but i do like his other albums

I recently got this in CD with the additional songs - in a drug store chain in Canada, prominently placed.