[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson and Others Rock and Roll Hall Fame Inductions Jam Session 1988

Mary and some other people perform "Stand By Me" with Ben E. King at the Rock Hall induction ceremony in 1988:

OMG. Thank you thank you Marv. Mary and Mick. Julian. Ben E King etc etc. Thrilling. Where did you find this?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    OMG. Thank you thank you Marv. Mary and Mick. Julian. Ben E King etc etc. Thrilling. Where did you find this?
    In his denture case on his bathroom shelf. ON YOUTUBE. Its a YouTube clip. Duh!!!!!

I had to look real hard. I have a VHS tape of about 90 mins and dozens of news reports from the induction ceremonies that year. I have Little Richard induction of the Supremes, Mary's acceptance speech and Florence's daughter Lisa giving thanks. That was followed up by Mary performing "Stop In the Name of Love" with Yoko Ono and Julian Lennon backing her up! It was a wild night and this is before they were broadcasting the ceremonies on TV. CNN ran video reports of the whole thing every hour that day.

Mary was looking super hot that night! LOL! In one report they show her coming down some stairs to meet reporters and there were so man paparazzi that with all the flashing camera's they almost completely washed out Mary and you see her in silhouette part of the time.

You know something that was really unique about the 1988 inductions? 24 years prior to it, in 1964 three of the acts all appeared in the T.A.M. I. Show together! The Supremes, the Beach Boys and the Rolling Stones [[although the stones were not inducted that night).