[REMOVE ADS]

Fox dispute with dish cable-consumers made to suffer

When i turned to the fox channel tonight boy did i a surprise,as those of you with dish network got also,because fox wants to charge more for programming on dish they pulled the plug until they get their way,in the meantime no nfl for me on dish luckily i have other cable but this is pure greed on the part of fox..anyone else affected by this?

People need to stand up to these pay tv companies all over! They have basically become like utilities! I still remember when you got television programming for free with just an antenna. Cable sounded good in the beginning because all of the various channels. Later on I came to realize that more than 60 % of those channels I never watched or needed. With the new internet streaming services, the big cable and dish companies are losing thousands of customers. The phone companies are losing land line customers to the mobile phone companies. I remember the cable company on Long Island blocked out several World Series games one year and the Yankees were in it! I had to drive to another town and watch it at a sports bar!
    Last edited by marv2; 09-28-2019 at 07:31 AM.

Jai, just buy an antenna until they straighten it out. My parents' cable system dropped our CBS affiliate for two months but I showed Ma and Pa how to watch everything over the air instead of on cable. Then, a couple months ago it happened with the local NBC station and it's going to happen to the ABC channel on Saturday. They still get everything in beautiful high definition and more by using their rabbit ears.

I gave up on cable and cut the cord and watch almost everything for free. It takes a little effort to figure it all out but it's worth it to save a hundred dollars plus each month. I expect to watch the Spence vs Porter fight for free on Saturday night.

Luckily i too have the cable on another tv,these guys are bandits.

The big news here in the South was the debut last month of the ACC Network, covering all the ACC sports activities. Even though most cable companies had been carrying the Big Ten and SEC Networks for years, it was a surprisingly tough battle to get some of them to come on board, even though they would be carrying games right in our own backyards. My particular cable company, which I will decline to name, never did agree to carry it, so I switched to another one that I am so far enjoying very much.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    The big news here in the South was the debut last month of the ACC Network, covering all the ACC sports activities. Even though most cable companies had been carrying the Big Ten and SEC Networks for years, it was a surprisingly tough battle to get some of them to come on board, even though they would be carrying games right in our own backyards. My particular cable company, which I will decline to name, never did agree to carry it, so I switched to another one that I am so far enjoying very much.
    That freaking ACC Network! It's not available in my area [[I'm a cord cutter anyway). I'm scrambling to find a bootleg source to watch my beloved UNC Tar Heels basketball this year. ESPN usually has most of their games but they have less than half of those coming up.

WELL,I SEE THAT FOX AND DISH HAVE KISS AND MADE UP...[too much money being lost]SO FOR THE MOMENT ALL IS GOOD AND WELL!!