[REMOVE ADS]

Arthur "T-Boy Ross" - I Want You

This is Diana Ross' brother. He co-wrote this song for Marvin Gaye. They gave me this album for free at a record store back then:

Last edited by marv2; 09-27-2019 at 08:10 AM.

@Marv2, do you like the album? I played it once not that long ago but it didn't have much of an impression on me, I don't think.

I've never heard this rendition until now. What stuck out to me as being the most captivating is the piano in the background. It's wonderfully played and placed just right in the mix to give the song a jazzy/churchy feel. Thanks for sharing it.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    @Marv2, do you like the album? I played it once not that long ago but it didn't have much of an impression on me, I don't think.
    I did not care for it and I am sure it only got one play here.

Quote Originally Posted by jobucats View Post
    I've never heard this rendition until now. What stuck out to me as being the most captivating is the piano in the background. It's wonderfully played and placed just right in the mix to give the song a jazzy/churchy feel. Thanks for sharing it.
    You are welcome Jobucats.

I agree. I have the album but only played it once, or perhaps twice. I’m pleased I have it my my collection because of the significance of T Boy being co-composer of I Want You, but in reality the album is rather average to my ears.

He's not a really good musician IMHO

They wouldn't have sold if they went with T Boy.

Thank God for Marvin!

I bought T-Boy's LP when it first came out and hated it -- his voice, the music, everything. When it got released on CD a few years back, I bought it because it's Motown. This time, I liked it a bit better, but played it only once and haven't played it again since. I must admit, I do like the back-up girls on T-Boy's version of "I Want You", but, vocally Marvin's lead vocals are much better -- by far!

Not bad!

i love the song. T-boys vocals are horrible. He sounds a bit like Evan Ross.

I checked out a few other tracks from Changes and have to say, wasn't massively keen on T-Boy's singing.