[REMOVE ADS]

If Mary Wilson Had Any Solo Success At All, Would There Have Been a Supremes Reunion?

With the DWTS immediate elimination, and interviewers mostly interested in the possibility of a reunion with Diana Ross, I wonder ...

If Wilson had experienced even nominal success after breaking up the Supremes, would she have been more tolerant and cooperative with Diana about a proper Supremes reunion? Let's say that she had an actual top 10 hit that retained airplay [[along the lines of, say, Maxine Nightingale's 'Get Right Back...' , maybe 1 or 2 other top 20s, one fan-favorite lp that cracked the top 20, and then a 'comeback' single or two [[I'm thinking along the lines of Ronnie Spector's guest vocal on 'Take Me Home ...'.)

Would this level of success have given her the confidence to appear on stage alongside Diana Ross and Cindy Birdsong again? We'll never know, but ... what if?
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 09-25-2019 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Incorrect punctuation usage

no
    nawda
    nope

I think maybe

There’s nothing in it anymore for Diana

If the others had some hits, it would be more likel Destiny’s Child.

What is Mary supposed to sing? Red Hot? Can’t Take My Eyes Off You? Or some off key Stop in the Name of Love? Or just do some oohs and ash’s that were augmented on record?

Scherrie had more recording success than Mary.
    Last edited by jobeterob; 09-26-2019 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I think maybe

What is Matt supposed to sing? Red Hot? Can’t Take My Eyes Off You? Or some off key Stop in the Name of Love? Or just do some oohs and ash’s that were augmented on record?

Scherrie was far more talented than Mary.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I think maybe

What is Matt supposed to sing? Red Hot? Can’t Take My Eyes Off You? Or some off key Stop in the Name of Love? Or just do some oohs and ash’s that were augmented on record?

Well, since the latest Elimination Mishap she can add the Jerome Kern classic 'I Won't Dance [[Don't Ask Me)'.