[REMOVE ADS]

Mary and her Partner were Eliminated Tonight!

the nerve! Lol!

I was surprised. I thought they were better this week!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I was surprised. I thought they were better this week!
    I thought so too, but I did see a few mistakes, some crossed steps made. Still, I was happy to see Mary's family were there. I also spotted Glodean White [[Barry White's wife and former member of Love Unlimited) there.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I thought so too, but I did see a few mistakes, some crossed steps made. Still, I was happy to see Mary's family were there. I also spotted Glodean White [[Barry White's wife and former member of Love Unlimited) there.
    You choreographers notice every crossed step. Cut the lady a bit of slack. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I wish you had put a spoiler alert because I taped it and haven’t had a chance to watch yet. I’m sorry to hear that, I thought that she would make it at least three weeks. Certainly not be eliminated the first week. I’m surprised but not really surprised. Mary wasn’t focused, she was doing too many interviews. The good thing is it got her back out there again and she looked great.

Another Cancellation Mishap. She shoulda done those book events; at least some copies would have been sold.

Maybe she had the same work ethic as she had when with Diana Ross and the Supremes. With Dancing With the Stars, she was off doing interviews rather than doing dance rehearsals. Mary will be Mary ......

The look of terror on her face when dancing was clear. She was not prepared. At the end of the 2nd dance, she shamefully hid her face into the chest of her partner.
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 09-24-2019 at 08:52 AM.

Well, at least she got $125,000 for forty hours of work. [[20 hours rehearsal a week). Much better than many of her current bookings. And she got some national publicity to let people know that she is still out there.

I did not expect her to come anywhere close to winning but was sad to see that she was the first one to be dropped, especially knowing that Sean Spicer still survives in the competition.

I know nothing about dancing, but someone above pointed out that she was not prepared or focused. I didn't see others doing publicity or interviews and Mary was all over the place doing interviews, and someone said that she kept her concert gig at Niagara Falls.

Mary may have not won, but her attention seemed to be on publicity, not winning. She got what she wanted.............Publicity. So, perhaps she did win.

Being the first one voted out is a HUGH OUCH. Mary wanted the publicity and spotlight she craves, but it was short-lived. And, it ended on a humiliating note.
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 09-24-2019 at 10:02 AM.

I can’t even ^^^

Didn't watch so can't comment on her performance , but it sounds like she wasn't stellar ... well obviously not if she got voted off so quickly.

I'm sort of relieved for her though, I was dreading perhaps an injury , some strenuous moves required for certain dance styles at times.
    I don't know if she's the oldest person to ever appear on there or not? But likely close to it.
    That took guts on her part , so bravo Mary regardless!

I’m not sure she was in good enough shape for this; you need stamina and strength and extra weight and age wouldn’t help

Apart from the obvious financial incentive i found it strange and rather concerning that she actually agreed to appear on this programme. It is a tough ask for a 75 year old to put herself through such rigorous training. Hopefully she sought medical advice before agreeing to appear.
    Diana has turned this gig down year after year due initially to her advancing years, but more recently due to a broken ankle she suffered a few years ago. Having said that they continue to ask her to no avail. I hope Mary thinks it was worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Another Cancellation Mishap. She shoulda done those book events; at least some copies would have been sold.
    Haven’t you got a bitch convention to go to to spill your endless negative bile ?

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Didn't watch so can't comment on her performance , but it sounds like she wasn't stellar ... well obviously not if she got voted off so quickly.

I'm sort of relieved for her though, I was dreading perhaps an injury , some strenuous moves required for certain dance styles at times.
    I don't know if she's the oldest person to ever appear on there or not? But likely close to it.
    That took guts on her part , so bravo Mary regardless!
    I believe Cloris Leachman was 82 when she appeared on DWTS in 2008. She did not win, but she lasted a few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by mwmr View Post
    Haven’t you got a bitch convention to go to to spill your endless negative bile ?

BOOM! Beat me to it.

I absolutely love Ms. Wilson, and I have nothing but respect and admiration for her giving this show a try. She has wanted to do it for years, and it finally came about for her. As for the quality of her dancing, yes, she made some mistakes, but she was nowhere near as bad as say, Lamar Odom or Sean Spicer, or even a couple of others. She deserved another couple of weeks. Len Goodman simply made the wrong decision.

Again, I commend Ms. Wilson for doing DWTS. For her age, she looks DAMN GOOD, and even though there are people out there who dislike her, they need to grow up and do as I am sure their mothers told them - "Say something nice, or say nothing at all."

Don't forget.... all you who say you will never watch DWTS again... Ms. Wilson will be on the finale at the end of the season. Surely you will tune in for that.

Quote Originally Posted by REYnoldo Chavez View Post
    BOOM! Beat me to it.
    I didn’t believe Mary would win, simply because of the stamina required for those dances, but I am disappointed she didn’t last longer. I found myself really looking forward to DWTS this year and it was due to Mary being included in the cast. I DVR’ed last night’s episode and haven’t watched yet, but I now know the outcome...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
    I didn’t believe Mary would win, simply because of the stamina required for those dances, but I am disappointed she didn’t last longer. I found myself really looking forward to DWTS this year and it was due to Mary being included in the cast. I DVR’ed last night’s episode and haven’t watched yet, but I now know the outcome...
    Also, let’s all agree on one thing - Team Mary, Team Diana or Team Whoever, it’s been enjoyable having the Supremes represented with such positivity on prime time television. I truly appreciated this...

Also, let’s all agree on one thing - Team Mary, Team Diana or Team Whoever, it’s been enjoyable having the Supremes represented with such positivity on prime time television. I truly appreciated this...
    I agree with you.... So good to see The Supremes represented in prime time... and Mary's appearance on DWTS last week boosted their music sales substantially, according to Billboard magazine.

Sad thing is: Why do we have Team Mary, Team Diana, etc??? How utterly Stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by mistercarter2u View Post
    I agree with you.... So good to see The Supremes represented in prime time... and Mary's appearance on DWTS last week boosted their music sales substantially, according to Billboard magazine.

Sad thing is: Why do we have Team Mary, Team Diana, etc??? How utterly Stupid!
    Ive always said if you love the Supremes and the Supremes music. How can you hate Mary or Diana?

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    I wish you had put a spoiler alert because I taped it and haven’t had a chance to watch yet. I’m sorry to hear that, I thought that she would make it at least three weeks. Certainly not be eliminated the first week. I’m surprised but not really surprised. Mary wasn’t focused, she was doing too many interviews. The good thing is it got her back out there again and she looked great.
    Agreed. This is more publicity than she's received in decades and she looks marvelous. Miss Wilson is remarkably well-preserved and camera-ready for 75. I hope she can extend this moment into something meaningful beyond her life as a Supreme.

This was a generally positive event other than the early exit. It's too bad that she exited early if she actually did better than some of the others. It should not be minimized how taxing the physical requirements of this type of activity are; a lot of training is required. I wonder if some of this isn't preordained - as in they knew who was going to be cut early on?

Motown and every Supreme benefitted some although the money from any sales will be minimal. But there is some increased visibility especially to Mary.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    This was a generally positive event other than the early exit. It's too bad that she exited early if she actually did better than some of the others. It should not be minimized how taxing the physical requirements of this type of activity are; a lot of training is required. I wonder if some of this isn't preordained - as in they knew who was going to be cut early on?

Motown and every Supreme benefitted some although the money from any sales will be minimal. But there is some increased visibility especially to Mary.
    I didn't expect Mary to win but I thought she would last longer than a week. IMO, she was certainly much better than Ray Lewis, Sean Spicer, and especially Lamar Odom. She just didn't have enough of a fanbase to pull her through. I mean, Odom is a popular athlete plus an ex-Kardashian to boot. It is hard to compete against that.

But it was nice to see the attention she received, albeit briefly. And more than likely, she will perform on the finale as Gladys and Patti did when they competed.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Ive always said if you love the Supremes and the Supremes music. How can you hate Mary or Diana?
    You need to ask Marv that question. His remark about Diana and a broken arm last week was beneath contempt.

How many people on here voted for her?

Is it just a vote - that's what determines whether you stay or go?

I didn't realize Patti Labelle had been on as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    You need to ask Marv that question. His remark about Diana and a broken arm last week was beneath contempt.
    Hes said much worse my dear.Not a gentleman at all.

Thats a great line but why do you not direct a similar comment to the member who spills 50x the negative bile?

Apart from the obvious financial incentive i found it strange and rather concerning that she actually agreed to appear on this programme. It is a tough ask for a 75 year old to put herself through such rigorous training. Hopefully she sought medical advice before agreeing to appear.
    Diana has turned this gig down year after year due initially to her advancing years, but more recently due to a broken ankle she suffered a few years ago. Having said that they continue to ask her to no avail. I hope Mary thinks it was worth the effort.
    Interesting but my guess is that Diana would turn down DWTS simply because tacky. And for Ross the $ is chump change.

I agree there and sincerely hoped [[and really thought) that Mary would be in a final-5 situation

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    I believe Cloris Leachman was 82 when she appeared on DWTS in 2008. She did not win, but she lasted a few weeks
    And a major difference was that Cloris appeared to be having fun.

I voted for Mary and lobbied for others to do likewise But ran into an unexpected obstacle: fans of the show take their vote very seriously and only agreed to vote for Mary if they felt she was the best. I had never seen the show before and quite frankly it’s not my cup of tea… I only watched it because Mary was on. After the first episode aired, I heard from my friends who watch the show regularly and they were all fairly negative about Mary‘s appearance for various reasons that I don’t see any point to go into and I guess I can see their point. Well, one thing was she was trying to hard and had a phony smile on her face, but it look like they all did to me. I assumed that she would get a lot of votes because she looks so fantastic at 75 and is moving so well, and that all the Supremes fans would vote for her and she would last a long time…… I’m thoroughly shocked that she got voted off last night but dancing with the stars regulars told me that it was the right thing to do. I still disagree back, you can’t argue with The vote.

I know a lot of people who voted for Mary, but they are Supremes fans and not really concerned with how well Mary did or did not do…… Like me, they just wanted her to win.
    I assume that she would get a certain amount of money per episode and I was hoping that that would be a wonderful little nest egg for her I’ll find out the details after things calm down.

Mary was never a dancer, she could swing and sway and do little movements…… But she was never a dancer and she made the most noticeable mistakes of anybody in the choreography During DR&TS. I think she equated herself just fine and she has nothing to be ashamed of, it is a big ouch to be the first one voted off and that’s going to sting, but she still got a shit ton of publicity out of it and it will help sell the book.

You do realise there is a very unpleasant individual on here who posts far more negative bile than anyone else don't you? Recently he was wishing Diana Ross to have a broken arm. I don't recall you condemning that, or indeed many of the other disgusting things he has posted? Perhaps you need to look at the big picture before making such a fool of yourself in future? Best regards to you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    Mary was never a dancer, she could swing and sway and do little movements…… But she was never a dancer and she made the most noticeable mistakes of anybody in the choreography During DR&TS. I think she equated herself just fine and she has nothing to be ashamed of, it is a big ouch to be the first one voted off and that’s going to sting, but she still got a shit ton of publicity out of it and it will help sell the book.
    I'm no expert, but of the three original Supremes i always considered Mary to be the best dancer. It was always Florence who at times looked awkward and uncomfortable with the choreography. This was most noticeable on her final Sullivan appearance during the modern millie routine. Mary by contrast always appeared slick and accomplished, especially when performing more complicated routines.

THANK YOU. All that other petty ish is not called for.

Yeah competitors are voted after every dance. Whoever has the most votes is saved from being eliminated.

It wasn't because Mary couldn't dance or because she was 75. How else did Gladys and Patti, who are the same age, get on there?

Everyone picked had to have some skill to compete in the first place. For Mary, this was great publicity especially for Motown 60 so she was repping for Motown.

You do realise there is a very unpleasant individual on here who posts far more negative bile than anyone else don't you? Recently he was wishing Diana Ross to have a broken arm. I don't recall you condemning that, or indeed many of the other disgusting things he has posted? Perhaps you need to look at the big picture before making such a fool of yourself in future? Best regards to you.
    hi, glad to know you are aware of what I comment on.
    you may think i’ve made a fool of my self , I don’t and frankly I don’t really care what you think of me. I stand by my post.

warmest wishes

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I'm no expert, but of the three original Supremes i always considered Mary to be the best dancer. It was always Florence who at times looked awkward and uncomfortable with the choreography. This was most noticeable on her final Sullivan appearance during the modern millie routine. Mary by contrast always appeared slick and accomplished, especially when performing more complicated routines.
    Mary never danced with Diana Ross and the Supremes that I ever saw…… She performed the choreographed movement and there is a big difference. I always thought Diana was the best dancer but everyone has their own opinions. Mary made lots of mistakes including: fats Waller, do not forsake me oh my darling, Bringing in the sheaves, Thou swell, And I believe on Ed Sullivan with Jean and Cindy. But, anyone can make mistakes and step on the wrong foot or turn the wrong way…… The only actual dancing I ever saw any of them do, and it wasn’t much, was the tap routine to I get a kick out of you - And they did a fine job for amateurs, but, Ann Miller had nothing to worry about.

Mary got crappy scores from the judges and the lowest votes from the audience because she didn’t dance well on the show, Her partner was obviously feeding her the steps and doing the count for her you can see it……and she was trying too hard with faux exuberance [[ The announcer even commented he had never seen anyone so happy to get a five before…… LOL…… Come on that’s humiliating to act like that) and that phony Botox smile that froze her face so much it caused her to lisp - there’s actually several GIFs going around making fun of the faces she was making I’m not going to post them here because I’m not here to diss Mary - and I was proud of her and happy that she got all the publicity in a claim that she did. I’m sorry that she got voted off And her look on her face is heartbreaking as they start reading off the people who are safe and every time they don’t say her name she looks sad and scared and it’s not at all what I wanted for her… But she held her head high and handled it beautifully and with style and grace. I used to do a lot of musical theater, and I could do choreographed movement very well Like the vaudeville turns in the Fantasticks, the title song from guys and dolls - but not Luck Be a Lady Nor would I ever have auditioned for Westside story….docI absolutely am not a good dancer…… I’m 100 times worse than Mary but as an ex performer, I know the difference between what the Supremes did and what daNcing is. Mary moves well, but as a dancer, she’s nothing special at all.