[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson Gets Emotional Remembering Florence Ballard

From Sirius XM:

Very powerful. Thanks Marv

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Very powerful. Thanks Marv
    Yes it is. You're welcome Luke.

Poor Flo. We will always miss you Blondie!

Thank you for posting. I have tears in my eyes just from watching. This is a very different side of Mary Wilson than what we're used to seeing. I'm reminded of the Joan Didion quote, "There is no real way to deal with everything we lose."

Quote Originally Posted by Thornton View Post
    Thank you for posting. I have tears in my eyes just from watching. This is a very different side of Mary Wilson than what we're used to seeing. I'm reminded of the Joan Didion quote, "There is no real way to deal with everything we lose."
    You're welcome Thornton. Florence's situation is always a tough and sad memory.

A very touching Mary interview, Marv. Thanks!

Very moving Marv. Glad Mary settling the record straight regarding the comments of Flo being over weight and drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    A very touching Mary interview, Marv. Thanks!
    You're welcome Gary!

Mary could've simply said I don't want to revisit those old times and re-open old wounds that are painful.
    Instead she finds that continuing the legacy of Florence Ballard too important and her tragic story too worthwhile. When talking about The Supremes , Florence matters!

Mary obviously misses her to this day and keeps her close to her heart .
    Touching interview!
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 09-24-2019 at 11:55 AM.

Sometimes you never get over death. It's been over 40 years and it still stings

Florence should be alive right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Mary could've simply said I don't want to revisit those old times and re-open old wounds that are painful.
    Instead she finds that continuing the legacy of Florence Ballard too important and her tragic story too worthwhile. When talking about The Supremes , Florence matters!

Mary obviously misses her to this day and keeps her close to her heart .
    Touching interview!
    I also believe that Mary Wilson hopes some other young hopefuls out there can learn something from Florence and the Supremes story.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I also believe that Mary Wilson hopes some other young hopefuls out there can learn something from Florence and the Supremes story.
    Good point Marv. Just because the package is Nicely wrapped, you just know the reality of what’s inside. Hopefully, the young hopefuls will learn something about group dynamics to create the team concept and how to treat each with respectful communication.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Good point Marv. Just because the package is Nicely wrapped, you just know the reality of what’s inside. Hopefully, the young hopefuls will learn something about group dynamics to create the team concept and how to treat each with respectful communication.
    I agree. If you're not really into the "all for one and one for all" way of thinking, you should never join a group. You end up causing more harm than good to other people. Don't purposely use people for your own personal gain.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I agree. If you're not really into the "all for one and one for all" way of thinking, you should never join a group. You end up causing more harm than good to other people. Don't purposely use people for your own personal gain.
    No one can be sure of Mary's inner thoughts and motives when she joined the group, but i would like to think it was not ALL FOR ONE!!!