[REMOVE ADS]

Another New Book - "How Sweet It Is"

On November 26, 2019, "How Sweet It Is: A Songwriter's Reflection On Music, Motown, And The Mystery Of The Muse" by Lamont Dozier with Scott B. Bomar will be available on Amazon [[U.S.) The current price quoted is $27.99 [[Hardcover).

How Sweet It Is: A Songwriter's Reflections on Music, Motown and the Mystery of the Muse https://www.amazon.com/dp/1947026313..._jeeIDb3RCH465

The product description is as follows:

As part of Motown's legendary songwriting and production team, Holland-Dozier-Holland, Lamont Dozier is responsible for such classics as "Baby I Need Your Loving," "You Can't Hurry Love," "I Can't Help Myself [[Sugar Pie Honey Bunch)," "Stop! In the Name of Love," "Heat Wave," "Where Did Our Love Go," "Reach Out I'll Be There," "Come See About Me" and many more. After leaving Motown he continued to make his mark with hits like "Give Me Just a Little More Time," "Band of Gold," and "Two Hearts," a chart-topping Phil Collins single that earned the pair an Academy Award nomination and a Grammy win.

In How Sweet It Is, Lamont reveals the moments that inspired some of his timeless songs—and pulls back the curtain on what it was like at Hitsville and he and his colleagues created "the sound of young America." Lamont shares his struggles of growing up in Detroit and navigating an unstable family life to pursue his passion for music. He takes us behind the scenes of the Motown machine, sharing personal stories of his encounters with such icons as Diana Ross, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Smokey Robinson, and Berry Gordy. He details the rise of own artistic career, his business and legal struggles, and the personal triumphs and tragedies that defined him, both professionally and personally.

Though he's racked up more than one hundred Top 10 singles on the Billboard charts, been inducted into both the Songwriters and Rock & Roll Halls of Fame, and been named among Rolling Stone's "100 Greatest Songwriters of All Time," Lamont continues to write music every day. Having pursued the mystery of the songwriting muse for many years, his stories are interwoven with invaluable insights, tips, and wisdom on the art and craft of songwriting that will inspire the creative spark in all of us.

Oops! I forgot we had already covered this one, Alan! Oh, well.... a little reminder never hurt anybody, especially when Brian & Eddie's book is right around the corner.

Yep, and the release date has been put back too since the original posting.

Quote Originally Posted by alanh View Post
    Yep, and the release date has been put back too since the original posting.
    I thought that release date sounded later than I had remembered, but wasn't sure if it was just me. I guess it's a good thing I posted it again. A lot of folks may have forgotten about it, as I had.

Got a message from Amazon today that Lamont Dozier's new book will arrive Tuesday [[November 26). Another good reason to be thankful!

Lamont says WDOLG WAS written for the Marvelettes and the track cut in Gladys key, but she did not like it. I am almost finished with this book & have enjoyed it more then the Hollands' book. alot I did not know...like Lamont had a falling out at Invictus/Hot Wax with the Hollands, which really surprised me. There are always more sides to the story, I am sure.