[REMOVE ADS]

Still hopeful, Mary Wilson says it’s up to Diana Ross for another Supremes reunion

... this time from the NY Daily News ...

https://www.nydailynews.com/snyde/ny...r5y-story.html

I think it'd be fun if they did a TV special where they sit down with a host and they watch some of the old TV clips and discuss their memories of the gowns, their look at the time, favorite songs, recording the songs, etc. Give a little tribute to Flo and their favorite memories with her, then the two of them sing Stop! for a grand finale and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    ... this time from the NY Daily News ...

https://www.nydailynews.com/snyde/ny...r5y-story.html
    Yes, anyone can see this article is about Diana - She is the Diva, she is the one the audience wants to see sing "Someday we will be Together" again. The editor failed to mention they tried it at Motown 25 and that didn't work. They tried it in 2000 and that didn't work so third time is not the charm for Diana. Diana has made her final statement; "I tried it and it didn't work and I will never go back on that stage with Mary again." She doesn't have to, I like them better as solo artists.

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    I think it'd be fun if they did a TV special where they sit down with a host and they watch some of the old TV clips and discuss their memories of the gowns, their look at the time, favorite songs, recording the songs, etc. Give a little tribute to Flo and their favorite memories with her, then the two of them sing Stop! for a grand finale and call it a day.
    That sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    That is not a bad idea actually. It is highly doubtful it would ever happen, but it remains a nice thought.

And then maybe they could pick out their favorite TV performance. I really wouldn't want to see them perform a whole show to be honest. Do any of Flo's daughters sing? Perhaps she could join them on that one off performance. From what I understand they are on good terms with both Diana and Mary.

never gonna happen, EVERYONE knows that, not after the Return To Love rebuff!! no chance in heaven or hell ever..

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    never gonna happen, EVERYONE knows that, not after the Return To Love rebuff!! no chance in heaven or hell ever..
    Um, well there’s Marv and Luke in prayer for it to happen

Mary might be hopeful, but I doubt she spends much time thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    She don't have to think about anything but her career and family these days. Have you seen that woman's schedule? Geez!

Thanks Jimi,
    I was beginning to think has everyone forgotten what went down since Motown 25. It took Diana a while to reconnect as she said she would. She is not looking back at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    She sure as hell spends a lot of time talking about it!

Miss Wilson is doing what she has to do and saying what she has to say, working with the tools available to her, which I fully understand, and I'm enjoying her visibility again Im a long time Supremes fan and I'm happy to see the name and legacy being bandied around again; nothing is going to actually change anything.

Miss Wilson is doing what she has to do and saying what she has to say, working with the tools available to her, which I fully understand, and I'm enjoying her visibility again Im a long time Supremes fan and I'm happy to see the name and legacy being bandied around again; nothing is going to actually change anything.
    Well said.... I am in total agreement.

I like first post in regards of them sitting and talking about the old clips music etc but I only see this happening if and when Diana retires and decides as a farewell to do it. But my money is on no ....just like my lotto ticket....not a winner.
    Not gonna happen

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    I like first post in regards of them sitting and talking about the old clips music etc but I only see this happening if and when Diana retires and decides as a farewell to do it. But my money is on no ....just like my lotto ticket....not a winner.
    Not gonna happen
    There is no way on earth it will happen sadly.