[REMOVE ADS]

Motown Revue MUSIC STANDS

Trivia question. In the book by Curtis E. Woodson, Memories of the 1962 Motown Revue published in 2005, on page 11 there is a picture of two
    Motown employees loading the music stands on the bus which was ready to depart for the long tour. There are 8 music stands enscribed as follows:

Motor
    Town Special

Choker
    Campbell

Orchestra

Question: Has any members ever seen any of these? I don't believe they lasted beyond the 1962 tour as the tours became the Motown Revue by the time the tour ended in the Apollo Theatre in December of 1962. I do not know exactly at what point the name changed. Conversely, does anyone know of any of these music stands surviving today? I never saw one at the Motown Museum.

I couldn’t tell you. This books been on my want list for 14 years. You’re lucky you have a copy. Can’t even find stills on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    I couldn’t tell you. This books been on my want list for 14 years. You’re lucky you have a copy. Can’t even find stills on the internet.
    I know how lucky I am to have a copy. I bought it direct from Mr. Woodson and he personally autographed it for me. I could write a book about how difficult it was back in the day when it was published. It was like looking for a needle in a haystack. Mr. Woodson had anticipated becoming a millionaire from the publication of this book, but obviously it did not happen. The pictures in the book are beyond compehension. A great investment in Motown if and when you can locate a copy. Good luck getting one. It is worth it.

I think I have one