[REMOVE ADS]

In Case You Needed Proof Marvin Gaye III Was Really Adopted...

The Gordy genes were good for everything but the vocals/song. No chip off the Gaye block this one is. Nona inherited her dad's talent lol

https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/a-m...ter-1838176496

I don't know why it's resurfaced since it's 6 years old. The woman in the video is MGIII's wife btw.

Warning: you may end up laughing inappropriately.

Ah mercy mercy me...

Yep, he’s adopted alright. Just like Sam Cooke didn’t father Aretha’s son Edward! His performance at his mother’s funeral was so okay it wasn’t funny.

Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    Yep, he’s adopted alright. Just like Sam Cooke didn’t father Aretha’s son Edward! His performance at his mother’s funeral was so okay it wasn’t funny.
    Oh God. LOL
    Who told HIM he should sing?

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    The Gordy genes were good for everything but the vocals/song. No chip off the Gaye block this one is. Nona inherited her dad's talent lol

https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/a-m...ter-1838176496

I don't know why it's resurfaced since it's 6 years old. The woman in the video is MGIII's wife btw.

Warning: you may end up laughing inappropriately.

Ah mercy mercy me...
    Crying with laughter at this. Cher used less auto tune on Believe. Lord have mercy. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

He was not adopted!!

Technically, Marvin III was adopted, but he is Marvin Gaye's biological son and is a Gordy biologically. His biological mother was Denise Gordy who had the baby for her Aunt, Anna.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Technically, Marvin III was adopted, but he is Marvin Gaye's biological son and is a Gordy biologically. His biological mother was Denise Gordy who had the baby for her Aunt, Anna.
    After seeing midnightman’s post, I seriously doubt that’s Marvin’s biological son!

After seeing midnightman’s post, I seriously doubt that’s Marvin’s biological son!
    Oh yes he is! Just ask Denise Gordy Lawson. She conceived him with Marvin Gaye.

^ Unless Denise confirms Marvin actually did the deed, not buying it. You're gonna have to bring receipts, bruh.

^ Unless Denise confirms Marvin actually did the deed, not buying it. You're gonna have to bring receipts, bruh.

You don't have to buy it and I am getting tired of having to discuss shit I and real Motown fans have known for decades now.

You don't have to buy it and I am getting tired of having to discuss shit I and real Motown fans have known for decades now.
    "Real Motown fans"? This is about Marvin. And this started off as a joke on III. Pipe down, bruh.

"Real Motown fans"? This is about Marvin. And this started off as a joke on III. Pipe down, bruh.
    I knew you were joking about his "singing talents". I get that, but to continually question Marvin III's lineage was just too much. He is who he is. His parents were his parents!

To be fair, one of the few people who said this was Louvain Demps. This was featured in the same book that claimed Marvin and Tammi had a secretive affair. I haven't read the Trouble Man book, which many don't really recommend. It's like that claim that flew for years that Aretha's dad molested her and fathered her eldest son [[the truth finally came out in Ritz's book). I'm sure David Ritz investigated this claim and found nothing to verify this.

To be fair, one of the few people who said this was Louvain Demps. This was featured in the same book that claimed Marvin and Tammi had a secretive affair. I haven't read the Trouble Man book, which many don't really recommend. It's like that claim that flew for years that Aretha's dad molested her and fathered her eldest son [[the truth finally came out in Ritz's book). I'm sure David Ritz investigated this claim and found nothing to verify this.
    This was no secret, about Marvin III. I think Ebony Magazine even mentioned it in a story many years ago. His biological Mom, Denise was married to actor Richard Lawso for a while. He is now married to Tina Knowles, Beyonce's mom. Denise is a singer and actress.

This was no secret, about Marvin III. I think Ebony Magazine even mentioned it in a story many years ago. His biological Mom, Denise was married to actor Richard Lawso for a while. He is now married to Tina Knowles, Beyonce's mom. Denise is a singer and actress.
    Probably after the 80s. I may have to look up EBONY and JET. It just might be a reference to the Trouble Man book, which was the first to suggest this and cited folks who claimed to be "in the know".

In any case, I would love for Denise to release her autobiography. But we know how private the Gordys are.

Probably after the 80s. I may have to look up EBONY and JET. It just might be a reference to the Trouble Man book, which was the first to suggest this and cited folks who claimed to be "in the know".
    Also look at "Divided Soul". I'm telling you, this was never a secret. Marvin III was born in 1966. Denise was a teenager and Marvin Gaye was 27 years old.

In any case, I would love for Denise to release her autobiography. But we know how private the Gordys are.
    Oh no, she is not going to release any autobiography LOL! If she did, it is not going to say much about anything, hehehehehehe!

Of course. Anyway I managed to finally read Steve's book, it was good overall as a bio on Marvin but still didn't clear the air on the actual biological paternity and its timeline is off in several important events in his troubled life.

Whatever went on, Denise has no regrets of what she did and Marvin III still talks lovingly of a father he lost much too soon. It kind of reminds me of when Bobbi Kristina lost Whitney at 18 [[Marvin III was 17 when Marvin Jr. passed). Nona [[9) and Frankie Christian "Bubby" [[8) were much younger.