[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mary Wilson Reveals She's Open to a Supremes Reunion But Says 'It's Up to Diana' Ross

From People.com September 18 ,2019 :

https://people.com/music/mary-wilson...on-diana-ross/

There, Mary confirmed it, she's a cougarrrrr. Growwlllll LOL!

How many ways does Diana have to say no ?

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    How many ways does Diana have to say no ?
    Until it catches on with the public and then they'll know who is to blame.........

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Until it catches on with the public and then they'll know who is to blame.........
    You come across as a real bit*hy and bitter schoolgirl whos real unhappy and friendless.GROWUP.

Closet case

Here we go yet again.........

[QUOTE=captainjames;538666]How many ways does Diana have to say no ?[/QUOTE
    I don't know James. I really don't know.

I think most of us realize that even Wilson knows this return to love will never take place but the fact is mentioning Diana Ross always gets her in the news.

Interviewers persist in asking her this question, and others regarding Diane, so what can she do but answer? I'm sure she would prefer not to address those things at all, after all this time, and has alluded to that before. I don't see interviewers asking Diane stuff like this, so there must be a way to keep those questions off the agenda, but then Diane wields a lot more clout with the media than Mary ever will. She and Diane were founding members, however, and are intextricably linked, for better or for worse, in the public's eye. Of course she could always ask interiewers ahead of time not to go there, but that doesn't mean they won't. She could say in a nice way that this ship has sailed, that she and Diane have taken different musical paths, maybe explain that Cindy isn't up to performing, and leave it at that, but she's protective of Cindy's privacy and leaving that out would make simply saying "not gonna happen" sound pretty cold. Shifting the onus to Diane lets Mary off the hook and avoids further explanation.

This makes me remember how George Harrison eventually would answer persistent, annoying questions about a Beatles’ reunion. He got so fed up with the question that he started answering by saying, “There can be no Beatles reunion so long as John Lennon remains dead.” The same could be said of The Supremes: there can be no Supremes’ reunion so long as Florence Ballard remains dead. Of course, Mary’s more diplomatic than that,
    Last edited by BigAl; 09-19-2019 at 08:44 AM.

I think it's great that they asked the reunion questions, because that is what the public wants to know. Why haven't they and when will they reunite. Mary has said it is up to Diana Ross. Mary has said that she is all in for it. If one does not happen it will be all Diana Ross fault in the minds of the public and you can just shovel some more mud on her name and reputation.

I think it's great that they asked the reunion questions, because that is what the public wants to know. Why haven't they and when will they reunite. Mary has said it is up to Diana Ross. Mary has said that she is all in for it. If one does not happen it will be all Diana Ross fault in the minds of the public and you can just shovel some more mud on her name and reputation.
    Dianas name and reputation are just fine. 3 nights at the John Kennedy Center in Washington DC in January snd bavk at the Wynn in Vegas fir amothet few weeks in February. Sells out without doing a lick of publicity. Its your name and reputation thats covered in dirty mud everywhere you post and that include youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Dianas name and reputation are just fine. 3 nights at the John Kennedy Center in Washington DC in January snd bavk at the Wynn in Vegas fir amothet few weeks in February. Sells out without doing a lick of publicity. Its your name and reputation thats covered in dirty mud everywhere you post and that include youtube.
    Brutally frank and honest

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Thank you Roberta. You are always the voice of reason.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Thank you Roberta. You are always the voice of reason.
    Why would a man whos a senior citizen or darned near one be so obsessed and warped, spend his time thinking and hoping than Diana Ross reputation is gonna be ruined if she wont reunite with with her former singing partner from darned near 50 years ago? Diana and Mary are 75 and both in a good place. Flo is no longer with us and Cindys not fit to tour. Its not gonna happen and nobody but a few hundred fans give a hoot. The venom and energy this one spends on Diana Ross is real disturbed and sick imo.

WHAT THE HELL IS MARY TALKING ABOUT??? There cannot be a reunion and she knows it.

Who is the public? Most of the public doesn’t know who they were anymore.

This does nothing to anyone’s reputation with the possible exception of Mary’s. Why doesn’t she tell people the truth? Why doesn’t she tell people there cannot be a reunion because the only two Supremes they could reunite with Are no longer able to reunite resulting in another non-reunion reunion like RTL that made Mary so Unhappy to begin with. She should tell people that, unhappily, there can’t be a reunion because flo is gone and Cindy is retired and that it was a missed opportunity but that folks can still buy Diana Ross and the Supremes ultimate collection and enjoy the music as they originally heard it but the original single mixes in glorious mono Or go see Mary and Diana in their solo shows.

Maybe Diana Ross could break her arm. Then she can say that she can't do a Supremes Reunion because her arm is broken........hehehehehehehehehe!

Maybe Diana Ross could break her arm. Then she can say that she can't do a Supremes Reunion because her arm is broken........hehehehehehehehehe!
    You get sicker and more toxic with every posting. Hehehehehehehehehehehehe,.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Brutally frank and honest
    And factually correct, but while Wilson has her Norma Desmond-as-Salome moment [[hehehe) I suppose we can't expect any better.

What a disgusting thing to say. This horrible comment aply illustrates the kind of warped individual that you are.

Maybe Diane can continue to tell people that she doesn't know where Mary Wilson is,but I don't think anyone is going to believe her.............

The best answer is Flo is no longer with us and Cindy is just not able to do it for a Supreme reunion or a Diana Ross and Supremes reunion. Or Mary could just say Diana told you that she would never go out on that stage with me again and she meant it !!!

I understand Motown acts still do the "answer what you're told" thing but can any of them simply say "no comment"???

It's like if I was Mary, I would be PISSED OFF if I keep getting asked if I wanna reunite with an old singing partner that left my group 50 years ago when I got my own stuff to promote.

MARY SHOULD PUT HER FOOT DOWN.

Come on Mary. They don't ask any other living Supreme including THE ONE, but they keep asking you????

Keep it 100, Mary.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    I understand Motown acts still do the "answer what you're told" thing but can any of them simply say "no comment"???

It's like if I was Mary, I would be PISSED OFF if I keep getting asked if I wanna reunite with an old singing partner that left my group 50 years ago when I got my own stuff to promote.

MARY SHOULD PUT HER FOOT DOWN.

Come on Mary. They don't ask any other living Supreme including THE ONE, but they keep asking you????

Keep it 100, Mary.
    She use to do what you said, but it comes off rude even if the interviewers want to get a response to that question.

I bet she doesn’t care for the question either but also doesn’t get a lot of national press and what are they supposed to ask her? She’s most known for her connection to Diana Ross and the hits Diana sang all the leads on. I don’t think it’s realistic for Mary to tell off a reporter - she is trying to maintain a career at a fairly old age and she doesn’t have a big catalog of hits to fall back on.

She use to do what you said, but it comes off rude even if the interviewers want to get a response to that question.
    Oh please. What's stopping her from doing it NOW?

She's supposed to care what people think? GOH.

Diana is such a stuck up little thing. She's such a sell out.

Honestly to say "Its Up Diana and I'll do it if she wants" sounds like she is saying, Diana is responsible for all the hits and Diana is the focus of the group and we can't do it without her. Okay I get it ...but Jean is not going to sing with you either and you keep saying she was the best replacement and we had more hits after Diana left. Oh wait ...........I just mentioned Jean is not going to do it either.

Hmm I guess we could ask Barbara if she would do it.....
    Last edited by captainjames; 09-20-2019 at 07:15 AM.

You really think the public cares? The general public washed their hands of the two living Supremes [[from the original trio) reuniting after the RTL debacle. Nobody cares except a select few. If it never happens- and it probably won't- no one will blame Diana Ross because nobody cares enough about the subject. When the dirt has been tossed on the grave of Diana Ross, 99.9 percent of what people will be talking about is her legendary career, both as a Supreme and as a soloist. They will speak of her captivating, one of a kind voice. They will talk about her icon status and her trailblazing standard of glamour. They will even talk about how she is the matriarch of a family of creative and intelligent children who have managed to start families of their own, find their own lanes of success, have avoided legal issues, and above all else seem to have a great love and respect for their mother. While so many people are singing her praises, the 0.0001 percent of people will talk about how Diana Ross was the cause of the public being denied a Diana Ross reunion with Mary Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    You really think the public cares? The general public washed their hands of the two living Supremes [[from the original trio) reuniting after the RTL debacle. Nobody cares except a select few. If it never happens- and it probably won't- no one will blame Diana Ross because nobody cares enough about the subject. When the dirt has been tossed on the grave of Diana Ross, 99.9 percent of what people will be talking about is her legendary career, both as a Supreme and as a soloist. They will speak of her captivating, one of a kind voice. They will talk about her icon status and her trailblazing standard of glamour. They will even talk about how she is the matriarch of a family of creative and intelligent children who have managed to start families of their own, find their own lanes of success, have avoided legal issues, and above all else seem to have a great love and respect for their mother. While so many people are singing her praises, the 0.0001 percent of people will talk about how Diana Ross was the cause of the public being denied a Diana Ross reunion with Mary Wilson.
    Evidently, some do still care or the question would not be continually asked.

The talk that you're talking about sounds nice, but is not reality. If it were, they would not say foul [[and true) things about her while she is still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    WHAT THE HELL IS MARY TALKING ABOUT??? There cannot be a reunion and she knows it.

Who is the public? Most of the public doesn’t know who they were anymore.

This does nothing to anyone’s reputation with the possible exception of Mary’s. Why doesn’t she tell people the truth? Why doesn’t she tell people there cannot be a reunion because the only two Supremes they could reunite with Are no longer able to reunite resulting in another non-reunion reunion like RTL that made Mary so Unhappy to begin with. She should tell people that, unhappily, there can’t be a reunion because flo is gone and Cindy is retired and that it was a missed opportunity but that folks can still buy Diana Ross and the Supremes ultimate collection and enjoy the music as they originally heard it but the original single mixes in glorious mono Or go see Mary and Diana in their solo shows.
    Okay, we all love Cindy, but nobody cares about her. And I don't mean to come across callous. I personally love Cindy and what she means to the story of the Supremes. But Cindy was a replacement. Yes, she sang with Ross. Yes, she participated in high profile television appearances and promoted a couple of Supremes hits that she did not sing on. But when the public thinks SUPREMES, that image is Diana Ross, Mary Wilson and Florence Ballard. So Cindy's participation in any reunion would be welcomed, but that's not who the public cared to see [[because hardly no one cares now). As long as Ross and Wilson take the stage together, with or without a third person, that's the only Supremes reunion the public would give a crap about. So to be fair to Mary, the reunion does hinge on Diana. If Diana called Mary up tonight and said lets do it, Mary would jump at the chance. I think Mary learned her lesson back in 2000 not to cut off her nose to spite her face. She thought the drama of the situation would pay off more than the tour. She probably has yet to be handed or offered a four million dollar check since. I'm sure she's kicking herself.

Dude something is seriously wrong with you. Why would you even go there? And with Mary doing DWTS where some of the contestants actually have gotten injured, you'd really take that chance wishing something like that on Ross? I can't think of anything you've said about Diana Ross that's lower than this.

Yeah, most obituaries of her when they come will say things like:

"Diana Ross, Trailblazing Motown Diva Who Broke Racial and Gender Barriers, Dead At XXX Age"

Or...

"Motown pioneer Ross dead"

Or...

"Motown icon who set the world on fire and broke barriers in the civil rights era has passed away"

Or...

"Legendary diva Diana Ross dies".

Diana Ross is one of those iconic figures, not just in Motown, but of rock and roll history. Icons don't become has-beens, they will have a slowdown like most icons do but they'll be regarded as icons/legends anyway. Some will probably bring up the Supremes drama but it won't be many that will especially as memory fades with the other group members.

Diana and Flo to a lesser degree are better known than Mary. Flo mainly for the tragic aspect of her young, short life [[just 32 when she passed). Most of the GP would assume that with Flo and Diana leaving, the Supremes just broke up. Mary wasn't an Otis Williams... and most others who are not Motownphiles would think the Supremes era ended with "Stoned Love".

2019 is a much different world than 1989. You got more folks who say they love Diana than hate her. That's not me just being a fan, that's reality.

Reporters care and they care because they feel like her connection to Diana Ross is always the headline. Had Mary carved out a successful career post Supremes, she would hardly get this question. But after two books about being a Supreme and then the very public deterioration of any working relationship between Mary and Diana back in 2000, that becomes the focus of a lot of Mary interviews. Most people in the world never let the thought cross their mind about a Supremes reunion. Only certain diehards.

The talk that you're talking about sounds nice, but is not reality. If it were, they would not say foul [[and true) things about her while she is still alive.
    Trolls will. I'm talking about people without Diana Ross Derangement Syndrome. Trust, Diana will not suffer for lack of beautiful things said about her even now.

Mary could be the most famous backup singer in the history of pop music, just because of her history with Diana. While I appreciate her efforts in keeping the Supremes' story going for seven more years albeit with LOTS of struggle especially after 1972 when Berry Gordy left his presidential position to focus on spreading Motown as a business rather than a label and her efforts as a post Supremes solo act afterwards, it'll always be overshadowed by the eleven years she sang as one of the three founding members that set the world on fire in the civil rights era '60s: Diana, Florence and Mary. Those three are linked forever no matter who came after them [[sorry Cindy). Only difference is one of them became one of the biggest stars in the world. We can't dispute it. Hate her or love her, but Miss Ross did that.

"Diana Ross, Trailblazing Motown Diva Who Broke Racial and Gender Barriers, Dead At XXX Age"

Or...

Or...

"Motown icon who set the world on fire and broke barriers in the civil rights era has passed away"

Or...

Diana Ross is one of those iconic figures, not just in Motown, but of rock and roll history. Icons don't become has-beens, they will have a slowdown like most icons do but they'll be regarded as icons/legends anyway. Some will probably bring up the Supremes drama but it won't be many that will especially as memory fades with the other group members.

Diana and Flo to a lesser degree are better known than Mary. Flo mainly for the tragic aspect of her young, short life [[just 32 when she passed). Most of the GP would assume that with Flo and Diana leaving, the Supremes just broke up. Mary wasn't an Otis Williams... and most others who are not Motownphiles would think the Supremes era ended with "Stoned Love".

2019 is a much different world than 1989. You got more folks who say they love Diana than hate her. That's not me just being a fan, that's reality.
    Agree 100 percent. Of course we won't be seeing those headlines until Diana is well past 100. That's not me just being a fan, that's reality.

Agree 100 percent. Of course we won't be seeing those headlines until Diana is well past 100. That's not me just being a fan, that's reality.
    Let's pray she makes it to that magic number though I know we're not promised tomorrow.

No there's no promise of tomorrow for any of us. But I like to think Diana will be around for many years to come. She seems in very good health.

No there's no promise of tomorrow for any of us. But I like to think Diana will be around for many years to come. She seems in very good health.
    I agree. Very healthy. She is ONLY 75 lol we've seen Motown legends die at much younger ages unfortunately.

The “some” that still care are you and your coven although your brothers/sisters in crime havent stoop to your low down level of wishing an American treasure a broken arm. Youve not a lick of decency or shame in you and if Mary Wilson heard you wishing het Supreme sister harm shed be more disgusted with you than she already is.

Or...

Or...

Or...

So true my dear and on point but hopefully not for another 20 or so years.

Excellent post. I think you said all that needs to be said on the subject. Much respect.

Let's pray she makes it to that magic number though I know we're not promised tomorrow.

She is in very good place these days. Happy, healthy and doing exactly what she wants. Sure she has a few health issues just as all of us of advancing years do, but she has thus far steered clear of any serious illness and will hopefully do so for many years in the future.

Or...

Or...

Or...

Another excellent post. I am loving the positivity despite the best efforts of a certain individual to derail the post and wish bad things on Diana Ross. The man brings shame on himself and his family.

Trolls will. I'm talking about people without Diana Ross Derangement Syndrome. Trust, Diana will not suffer for lack of beautiful things said about her even now.
    I like that, "Diana Ross Derangement Syndrome". A few months back when TMZ posted the story of Diana's bad experience with the TSA, more than a thousand people commented on their website and the overwhelming majority of the comments were negative towards Ross. They did not even give her the benefit of the doubt. I believe had it been someone else, the negative to positive ratio of commenters would not have been so high.

Mary could be the most famous backup singer in the history of pop music,
    You see, she is not a back up singer. Just because a few, 5-6 guys on this forum do not like her and refuse to acknowledge any of her achievements, does not change facts. Mary Wilson has been singing solo for over 40 years and even led some recordings while in the Supremes. Her career did not begin and end in the 1960s. True the original Supremes [[and Berry Gordy) are eternally linked. When Diana dies, they are going to mention Mary Wilson and Florence Ballard. Same thing for Mary.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    She is in very good place these days. Happy, healthy and doing exactly what she wants. Sure she has a few health issues just as all of us of advancing years do, but she has thus far steered clear of any serious illness and will hopefully do so for many years in the future.
    May the good Lord continues to keep her healthy until hes ready to call her home to his heavenly mansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Another excellent post. I am loving the positivity despite the best efforts of a certain individual to derail the post and wish bad things on Diana Ross. The man brings shame on himself and his family.
    And why has the Moderator made no comment particularly about the broken arm post?