[REMOVE ADS]

60 and counting: The enduring Motown Sound

This appeared recently in the Detroit News. A great assortment of pictures covering a lot of great talent. Enjoy.

https://www.detroitnews.com/picture-...nd/2269870001/

Some very cool pics. Particularly love the Marvin on his little Honda motorbike photo. Marvin used to ride that bike around the neighborhood, stop to talk and show it off to us kids. Several years later former Detroit Tiger Willie Horton who lived right across the alley from Marvin at the time was telling me how he used to complain that Marvin use to tear up the alley learning how to ride that thing LOL... I met Marvin's son many years later here in Los Angeles and he told me how he had been the #1 Black motocross rider in California... I told him about his dads little Honda motorbike and he had no idea about that...

Great article Woodward and from the hometown paper. Thanks!

Really enjoyed the 60 And Counting article. There's a lot of photos that I've never seen before. Thanks Woodward!

Great post, Woodward. Many thanks.

I'm a bit surprised none of the Tempts pics included the Classic Five lineup....nice post though at any rate. Some of my favorite photos in the piece.
    Darin

Damn! Can't get access to this article in the UK

Wow - never seen that photo of the Supremes with Barbara - it actually looks to me as if it was more modern than 1961 [[?) or whenever it was taken. Some of the others are great rare ones too - including the colour one of Jamerson.

Thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by Levi Stubbs Tears View Post
    Wow - never seen that photo of the Supremes with Barbara - it actually looks to me as if it was more modern than 1961 [[?) or whenever it was taken. Some of the others are great rare ones too - including the colour one of Jamerson.

Thanks for posting!
    That's because that is NOT Barbara Martin in that picture. I've seen Barbara Martin in person, in Detroit. The woman in that picture with the Supremes is French fashion model Ariane Sorps who Berry Gordy Jr. befriended while in France and invited her to visit Detroit. The picture is from 1965.