[REMOVE ADS]

Red face Mary Wilson and Florence Ballard at Betty's wedding! [1960]

I'll just leave this here

Name:  InShot_20190918_021830189.jpg
Views: 4953
Size:  92.2 KB

That is a great and rare picture. Betty looks so happy and excited, while Mary and Flo look beautiful even then as young teenagers. Thank you Weslley!

Look at the old 1950s television to Betty's right. LOL!

Pic is in Mary’s new book by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Look at the old 1950s television to Betty's right. LOL!
    Those old TVs were real big and bulky. LOL. Im sure being the gown expert you are you notice the real lovely pattern around the next of Bettys wedding dress.

That is a great photo. I didn't realize the book would contain such great and candid shots. I was under the impression that it was all about the gowns. I guess I have to buy it.

Perhaps it's best though not to post from the book so soon after release.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Those old TVs were real big and bulky. LOL. Im sure being the gown expert you are you notice the real lovely pattern around the next of Bettys wedding dress.
    Roberta I had to laugh at this. You just can't stop yourself! Will you leave that man alone!

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Roberta I had to laugh at this. You just can't stop yourself! Will you leave that man alone!
    Well I love a good stage gown RanRan79 Marv2s real informed about Mary and Dianas stage dresses so its like having Bob Mackie or Halston in our forum. Why wouldnt I take advantage of a dress expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Well I love a good stage gown RanRan79 Marv2s real informed about Mary and Dianas stage dresses so its like having Bob Mackie or Halston in our forum. Why wouldnt I take advantage of a dress expert.
    Ha ha ha. You always brighten up my day Roberta. Please do not ever change.

Look at Flo.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Look at Flo.
    Check out those white gloves. At first I thought the gloved hand was Betty's. It wasn't until a later look that I realized Betty's hand is up near Flo's chest and that the gloved hand belongs to Flo. So interesting to see young ladies wearing white gloves and trying to look as sophisticated and ladylike as possible. Contrast that with a few outfits I saw at a wedding I attended this past weekend...my how standards change.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Check out those white gloves. At first I thought the gloved hand was Betty's. It wasn't until a later look that I realized Betty's hand is up near Flo's chest and that the gloved hand belongs to Flo. So interesting to see young ladies wearing white gloves and trying to look as sophisticated and ladylike as possible. Contrast that with a few outfits I saw at a wedding I attended this past weekend...my how standards change.
    Yeah 1960 and 2019... two very different worlds... Flo was always stylish even before the Supremes became Supreme.

"Honey we is terrific!"

IIRC Mary writes that Diane most likely took this picture as she was there, too...

I met Betty in 1987 at one of Mary's book signings. She was a good looking woman.