[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    GeeTee

I'm not sure that they didn't appear on Soul Train. It would seem to me that they should've appeared there back when they were hot. I guess that I'll have to look that up. But I'm sure that someone out there knows what shows they've appeared on.

Given that they were on Cotillion [[subsidiary of Atlantic), one would think that they should've been on tv at least a few times back then.

I was hoping to hear Drac expand on Mark & his contributions a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Cozmic, yep! I was north of where they got started and we were all in high school when they had their first hit with "Slide". It really doesn't seem that long ago.
    By the time I was in college they were a very established band where you could just expect a hit with each single and album they dropped! A great loss.
    Thanks again Marv for those memories and everyone else for their contributions/updates !

I read online that Joe Kelly's tribute-show will be re-aired this coming weekend.

Also spotted that Slave seemed to have appeared on Soul Train

Episode Guide > Season 11, Episode 12

Rockie Robbins / Slave

[[Overview Recap Cast Writers, Directors & Crew Trivia/Quotes Reviews)

Saturday December 19, 1981
    Production Code : 378

Episode Summary
    Rockie Robbins - "Time to Think" & "I Believe in You"
    Slave - "Snap Shot"

Episode Cast and Crew
    Don Cornelius - Host [ seasons 1-27 ]

Guest Cast
    Rockie Robbins - Guest
    Slave - Guests
    Alice Arthur - Guest

Writers
    Don Cornelius - Writer

Directors
    J.D. Lobue - Director

http://www.tv.com/soul-train/rockie-...header;summary
    Last edited by cozmic; 03-08-2011 at 06:27 AM.

I believe that I've found the death notice for Mark. I remember that his fiancee & son said that his funeral would be Saturday & if I remember correctly, they said that it would be at The House Of Wheat. Given the age, date of service & the location, I'm going to go with this for now.

I noticed on his page, someone thanked him for the music & most likely, they started the page for him. Again, I rather doubt that 2 men with the same name died the same day & will be having their service at the same time & location. Until I learn otherwise, I'll take an educated guess & post this here.

http://www.legacy.com/dayton/obituar...oday&Product=0
    Last edited by juicefree20; 03-08-2011 at 08:23 AM.

As per last night's radio interview, the services for Mark Adams is as follows:

Sat. March 12 @ 11 a.m. @

House of Wheat Funeral Home, Inc.

2107 N. Gettysburg Ave.
    Dayton, OH 45406

Phone: 937-274-1693
    Fax: 937-274-3925
    E-Mail: info@houseofwheat.com

For those of you who weren't able to hear Joe Kelley's show, Mark's fiancee Free said that everyone was welcome to come & show their love for Mark & that they'd be turning no one away. I hope that all those nearby, who were touched by mark's music will send him a grand send-off!

Mark Adams - R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by juicefree20 View Post
    I believe that I've found the death notice for Mark. I remember that his fiancee & son said that his funeral would be Saturday & if I remember correctly, they said that it would be at The House Of Wheat. Given the age, date of service & the location, I'm going to go with this for now.

I noticed on his page, someone thanked him for the music & most likely, they started the page for him. Again, I rather doubt that 2 men with the same name died the same day & will be having their service at the same time & location. Until I learn otherwise, I'll take an educated guess & post this here.

http://www.legacy.com/dayton/obituar...oday&Product=0

Juice, yes that is the correct one, the correct notice. I am disappointed that whoever contacted the paper did not write an obituary for Mark recognizing him as a member of the band "Slave". By not doing so, it is unlikely that it will make the "notable" notices that are syndicated in papers nationwide. Sad.

I wish I could attend the services. Dayton is only a 5 hour trip from Chicago.

Thanks Cozmic for posting the Soul Train info. I thought they made a appearance on Soul Train,but wasn't sure.

Marv

Mark's fiancee stated that they were living in Columbus. I thought that that could be why I found no information. However, I checked the Columbus papers, news & blotters & found nothing there either. Unfortunately, due to personnel shortages, many of the sources don't update their info quickly, especially when something happens over the weekend & a couple said that it could take up to 2 weeks before any changes would be reflected in their databases. It took me hours of checking & hundreds of pages of searching, before his death notice finally appeared.

Either way, I would imagine that we'll be reading something written in some publication. We've spread the word & I've noticed that the news of Mark's passing has been spreading through the blogs. Eventually, the news of his passing will reach the right ears & that's when we'll see him be acknowledged further.

Just seems a damn shame to me that it hasn't happened already.

Cozmic:

Thanks for that info. I just knew that there was no way that Slave didn't appear on Soul Train back then.

What makes me feel kinda old is that air date of Dec 1981. Nearly 30 years ago...

WHEW!!

A source of mine close to the group says Mark died of an aneurysm. What kind of aneurysm wasn't confirmed. Everyone is, of course, kind of shocked by it all.

ChiD

Ok...now I'm getting confused. On the radio tribute, it was said that Mark's funeral would be at The House Of Wheat. However, in his guest book, the address & place of service states that it will be held on Friday, March 11, 2011 at the Shiloh Baptist Church at 11:00 am. 3701 Fairbanks Ave. Dayton, Ohio

Do you have any way to confirm which is which? I know that The House Of Wheat was originally given on the tribute & that's another church entirely.

Ok, we've finally gotten this worked out. Though on the radio it was announced that the House Of Wheat was the venue, they meant to say that House Of Wheat would be handling the funeral. Here's the correct information regarding the funeral services for Mark Adams of Slave, as per his obituary:

Friday, March 11, 2011 @ 11 am
    Shiloh Baptist Church
    3801 Fairbanks Ave.
    Dayton, Ohio

http://www.legacy.com/dayton/Obituar...onId=149131916
    Last edited by juicefree20; 03-11-2011 at 01:11 AM.

Loved Slave's music...RIP, Mark, and thank you...

Best,

Mark

Hi this is Kev-Lo

I heard about this on facebook the other day. I'm sorry to hear this R.I.P Mark

Here's Doug Ramsay's podcast tribute to Mark...

http://www.vibesnscribes.com/?p=2642

Hello to you, ChiD, This is mark Adams fianc'e, FREE just to let you know I will do a live Interview later this month, about Mark in denver co, radio station KUVO Thanks for your blessing about My mark.

Hello Marv, this is Mark Adams Fianc'e free, i will be giving a live interview on a radio station in Denver Co, KUVO, and i will let all of his Fans know what happen, later this month, Thanks for your concens.

Mark Adams

To Everyone that posted a comment about My Fianc'e Mark Adams [[SLAVE) I just want to say Thank you for all of your blessing and graditude about a man that was great at what he did, Thank You to all of my Brother's And sister's of all kind, I am truly thankful and mark would be to, I will be doing a live interview later this Month [[MAY) with KUVO in denver co, And will Let everyone know what is going on, Thanks again for everything, [[FREE) Freda kelley Adams, God Bless.

Quote Originally Posted by msadams1 View Post
    Hello Marv, this is Mark Adams Fianc'e free, i will be giving a live interview on a radio station in Denver Co, KUVO, and i will let all of his Fans know what happen, later this month, Thanks for your concens.
    Hello Freda and thank you. I am in New York, but Denver is one of my hometowns. I will be listening. I will look for the station's website. All the best to you.

Marv

Welcome to the forum, Freda, although under less than ideal circumstances. Please drop in from time to time and comment on some of the topics here. Pass the word on to Arrington and any others in the Dayton/Columbus area that appreciate music.