[REMOVE ADS]

Why My Love For Mary Wilson Has Gotten Deeper

Mary Wilson appeared on the show Access Daily yesterday and it blew me away that every time she was asked a question, she was VERY quick to state that it wasn't just The Supremes who built Motown- and then she mentioned Motown also had The Marvelettes, Martha & The Vandellas and then I was very pleasantly surprised to hear her also list The Velvelettes. I thought how cool. It didn't stop there. She was asked another question and quickly she mentioned folks like Mrs. Powell, Harvey Fuqua and a few other behind-the-scenes people. If anything, she almost seemed to be deflecting the spotlight from herself in the segment, using much of the time to talk about all the others who were there.

Class!

She has always been that way. Just think, there were times back in the 60s where she was told to let someone else answer all of the questions in Supremes interviews. She's been interviewed more than 100 times since and is always forthcoming and articulate!

Can we say altruistic?

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Can we say altruistic?
    Totally unselfish! Look how she put the needs of the group, the Supremes ahead of her own. She fought hard to keep the GROUP on top.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    ....She's been interviewed more than 100 times ....
    Probably been interviewed 100 times just this week. Here is another one.

https://storage.googleapis.com/media...orning-002.mp3

https://wincountry.com/podcasts/migg...s-talks-to-us/

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance View Post
    Mary Wilson appeared on the show Access Daily yesterday and it blew me away that every time she was asked a question, she was VERY quick to state that it wasn't just The Supremes who built Motown- and then she mentioned Motown also had The Marvelettes, Martha & The Vandellas and then I was very pleasantly surprised to hear her also list The Velvelettes. I thought how cool. It didn't stop there. She was asked another question and quickly she mentioned folks like Mrs. Powell, Harvey Fuqua and a few other behind-the-scenes people. If anything, she almost seemed to be deflecting the spotlight from herself in the segment, using much of the time to talk about all the others who were there.

Class!

I feel the same way Waiting. The more I learn of Mary and watch her in action, the more I am impressed. This is a person who treasures what Motown did for her.

You also may have noticed that over the years, Mary Wilson is the only person will include Betty McGlown and Barbara Martin in any discussion of the Supremes.

You also may have noticed that over the years, Mary Wilson is the only person will include Betty McGlown and Barbara Martin in any discussion of the Supremes.
    Patently untrue. Start @ 4:35:

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Patently untrue. Start @ 4:35:

How old is that interview and can you show us 40 more of them where she mentions those ladies? I need for you to do that for me. Thanks!

PS I don't think Diana Ross includes Betty and Barbara in discussions of the Supremes because she rarely if ever talks about them and does not do very many interviews.
    Last edited by marv2; 09-13-2019 at 06:01 PM.

Ok now I know. This interview is 44-45 years old done in either late 1975 or early 76, because she mentioned singing "Baby Love" on the Johnny Carson Show. She also mentions just having a baby.
    Can you post something a bit more recent to prove your point. A good portion of today's population was not even born when this interview took place. Also, remember, you brought Diana Ross into this thread. LOL!

For those who missed Mary on "Access Daily", I posted her segment on the show in new thread on here.

Ok now I know. This interview is 44-45 years old done in either late 1975 or early 76, because she mentioned singing "Baby Love" on the Johnny Carson Show. She also mentions just having a baby.
    Can you post something a bit more recent to prove your point. A good portion of today's population was not even born when this interview took place. Also, remember, you brought Diana Ross into this thread. LOL!
    Marv, you wrote:
    Mary Wilson is the only person will include Betty McGlown and Barbara Martin in any discussion of the Supremes.
    You didn't say "recently".
    Sansradio found a clip where Diana discussed BOTH Betty and Barbara.
    I'm sure there are more since that interview, but I don't really care.

Thanks, Sans, for stating, you know... facts.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Marv, you wrote:

Yeah, I know. I should have said in this century. LOL! Any way, I still give Mary her props for making sure to mention some of the people that helped to create the legend that is known as "The Supremes!".

Yeah, I know. I should have said in this century. LOL! Any way, I still give Mary her props for making sure to mention some of the people that helped to create the legend that is known as "The Supremes!".
    Marv, at this point...

Marv, at this point...
    I don't know what that means, but I am not going to let this nonsense destroy a good thread. Thank you.

Marv, you wrote:

And thanks to you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    And thanks to you as well.
    Yes thank you Sansradio. Seems like everyone can prove Mr. Know it all, wrong all the time! Lol.

Oh come on Marv ! Mentioning Betty McGlown and Barbara Martin once every fifty years or so is surely plenty often enough !! LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Can we say altruistic?
    Most definitely!

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    I feel the same way Waiting. The more I learn of Mary and watch her in action, the more I am impressed. This is a person who treasures what Motown did for her.
    So much truth in that. I've loved her for so long. She just seems to have a very good attitude about the whole celebrity thing. She sees it for what it is and realizes that she was incredibly fortunate to have been able to live the life she had and continues to have. Sometimes, you take for granted that you like someone, and then they do something that just takes it up several levels. When I heard her mention "My Girls" The Marvelettes, I swear, I could feel my heart swelling to gigantic proportions!

I also love that she just seems forever upbeat and happy about everything. I have a friend who is mainly a Rock fan, so he surprised me when he started talking about The Supremes and how he had developed a mad crush on Mary! This is a guy who's into that deep, progressive rock music, so this just knocked me back off my feet. Mary's got something that is just hooking people left and right!
    Last edited by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance; 09-15-2019 at 12:14 AM. Reason: I crossed up the names!

for those who missed mary on "access daily", i posted her segment on the show in new thread on here.
    excellent!!

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance View Post
    So much truth in that, Marv. I've loved her for so long. She just seems to have a very good attitude about the whole celebrity thing. She sees it for what it is and realizes that she was incredibly fortunate to have been able to live the life she had and continues to have. Sometimes, you take for granted that you like someone, and then they do something that just takes it up several levels. When I heard her mention "My Girls" The Marvelettes, I swear, I could feel my heart swelling to gigantic proportions!

I also love that she just seems forever upbeat and happy about everything. I have a friend who is mainly a Rock fan, so he surprised me when he started talking about The Supremes and how he had developed a mad crush on Mary! This is a guy who's into that deep, progressive rock music, so this just knocked me back off my feet. Mary's got something that is just hooking people left and right!
    Remember back when she got all those Sixties Girl Groups together at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame to celebrate and commemorate them with those "Girl Group Stamps"?

Oh come on Marv ! Mentioning Betty McGlown and Barbara Martin once every fifty years or so is surely plenty often enough !! LOL!!!
    Yeah ok Boogie. What was I thinking? hehehehehehehe............!

Shame on Diane Ross for rarely ever mentioning global icon the late Betty McGlown. Thank God when the generall public talk of all the late greats they always mention Elvis and Jim Morrison and Michael Jackson and janus Joplin and Billie Holiday and Betty McGlown.

........... ...........

Remember back when she got all those Sixties Girl Groups together at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame to celebrate and commemorate them with those "Girl Group Stamps"?
    I missed that, but it sounds like such a cool thing. You are giving me yet more reasons to love her!
    Last edited by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance; 09-15-2019 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Shame on Diane Ross for rarely ever mentioning global icon the late Betty McGlown. Thank God when the generall public talk of all the late greats they always mention Elvis and Jim Morrison and Michael Jackson and janus Joplin and Billie Holiday and Betty McGlown.
    From Elvis to Billie and finally Betty. That's quite some leap.

"I have so much Gratitude for all the love that is coming from life. Remember Flo in this time zone, as I said when she passed,; where I go she goes."

Mary Wilson, September 14, 2019