[REMOVE ADS]

Mary wilson on tmz live!

Think he could gush anymore.......? LOL!!!

Last edited by marv2; 09-11-2019 at 01:32 AM.

I haven’t watched this clip yet. But I’ve seen him mention on previous shows how he is a big Supremes fan, and him seeing the 70’s Supremes. I think he is a fan of the 70’s Supremes and Mary.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post

This made me smile, great fun to watch. There is a really good vibe about Mary appearing in this dance show. Is it screened in the UK i wonder?

No kidding! He sure knew his Supremes history. I cannot believe Mary’s energy for 75 and still sharp as a tack.

She is indeed an inspiration. She is not thinking about age, although she always acknowledges hers. I saw a picture of Harvey, the TMZ host with Jean, Mary and Cindy somewhere. He is a fan!

Ha! Harvey Levin was about to have a stroke!
    As flattered as Mary obviously was, after a while you could tell she'd had about enough, but remained gracious throughout the interview. As I've mentioned before, even when she runs out of patience with interviewers and persistent fans, she always maintains her composure and charm.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Ha! Harvey Levin was about to have a stroke!
    As flattered as Mary obviously was, after a while you could tell she'd had about enough, but remained gracious throughout the interview. As I've mentioned before, even when she runs out of patience with interviewers and persistent fans, she always maintains her composure and charm.
    LOL! True! Reminds of the first time Luther Vandross met Mary. Folks said that he nearly fainted! LOL!

LOL! True! Reminds of the first time Luther Vandross met Mary. Folks said that he nearly fainted! LOL!
    I suspect his reaction to meeting his all time idol Diana Ross was even more exciting for him. When i worked for Diana he followed her around like an overexcited puppy dog. It was very touching and also quite amusing for those who witnessed it.

Lol! I hope DWTS is paying Mary extra for all the publicity she’s giving the show!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Lol! I hope DWTS is paying Mary extra for all the publicity she’s giving the show!
    ...or vice-versa!

It works both ways! Though I dont think other celebrities are getting the attention mary is. At least I haven’t seen it.

There is money involved in this venture. That is all I can say, hehehehehehehe.....!

It works both ways! Though I dont think other celebrities are getting the attention mary is. At least I haven’t seen it.
    Mary is the "Belle of the Ball" this season just as Gladys Knight was a few seasons back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I suspect his reaction to meeting his all time idol Diana Ross was even more exciting for him. When i worked for Diana he followed her around like an overexcited puppy dog. It was very touching and also quite amusing for those who witnessed it.
    Yeah,but he gave Mary Wilson a fur!

Yeah,but he gave Mary Wilson a fur!
    Perhaps he knew she couldn't afford to buy one herself!

TMZ? The trash gossip site? Or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Perhaps he knew she couldn't afford to buy one herself!
    She's had furs since the sixties. I thought you were a Supremes fan? I know you have at least seen the cover of Mary's debut album.........fur! LOL!

She's had furs since the sixties. I thought you were a Supremes fan? I know you have at least seen the cover of Mary's debut album.........fur! LOL!
    I am no fan of fur whoever may be wearing it. I think it looks best on the poor animal that was senselessly slaughtered to satisfy the fashion cravings of vain women such as Mary Wilson and Diana Ross to name but two. A disgusting practice that is quite rightly now seen as being the cruel and unnecessary evil that it is.

The heck was she on TMZ???

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    The heck was she on TMZ???
    Yes she was.

There is money involved in this venture. That is all I can say, hehehehehehehe.....!
    Why is it all you can say? Is it a secret shared just between you and Mary? hehehehehehehe.... Well, for curious minds, Mary will be paid $125,000 for the time it takes her to rehearse and for the first two weeks of the show. If she makes it past two weeks, she will be then be paid more each week - but nothing past about $ 300,000. Not a bad gig, but it is a lot of work and time for a celebrity. But perhaps the publicity it generates will make it possible for her to then do gigs like Hollywood Bowl or Radio City, where she can make more than that for just doing a ninety-minute set

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Why is it all you can say? Is it a secret shared just between you and Mary? hehehehehehehe.... Well, for curious minds, Mary will be paid $125,000 for the time it takes her to rehearse and for the first two weeks of the show. If she makes it past two weeks, she will be then be paid more each week - but nothing past about $ 300,000. Not a bad gig, but it is a lot of work and time for a celebrity. But perhaps the publicity it generates will make it possible for her to then do gigs like Hollywood Bowl or Radio City, where she can make more than that for just doing a ninety-minute set
    It is all I can say because it really is none of my business!

What you mean by "other celebrities"?

Tina Turner?
    Stevie Wonder?
    Janet Jackson?
    Gladys Knight?
    Patti LaBelle?

Mary is getting more press than them, Luke?

I don't get that post...lol

All those celebrities I just mentioned are getting WAY more press than all eight surviving members of the Supremes. Are you kidding me? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    All those celebrities I just mentioned are getting WAY more press than all eight surviving members of the Supremes. Are you kidding me? Lol
    He meant of the participants in "Dancing With the Stars".

Then why didn't he say that? Lol

Other participants are training, focused on learning their routines.

Well you know Lukes every thought move and breath so im sure youre right.
    Last edited by Roberta75; 09-13-2019 at 12:31 AM.

That’s being generous

She won’t get any such booking - she just doesn’t have that type of career; she had no hits; she’s only known because of her Diana connection which is why she always talks about it. How many times does Diana ever talk about Mary lol

There’s a greater chance that Mary’s bookings will make her $500 or $1000

Getting on Dancing With the Stars is a godsend for her and she should work it for everything she can, lose weight and everything else

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    That’s being generous

She won’t get any such booking - she just doesn’t have that type of career; she had no hits; she’s only known because of her Diana connection which is why she always talks about it....
    My reply was to Marv, who is always comparing Mary to Diana. So perhaps I was a little sarcastic when I said that Mary will get bookings at RCMH and Hollywood Bowl, bookings that Diana easily gets.

But this DWTS gig is good for Mary's finances and publicity. Especially lately, when she is having gigs cancelled. Maybe the publicity will even get Marv to support her with his wallet instead of just "supporting" her here by dissing other Supremes.

My reply was to Marv, who is always comparing Mary to Diana. So perhaps I was a little sarcastic when I said that Mary will get bookings at RCMH and Hollywood Bowl, bookings that Diana easily gets.

But this DWTS gig is good for Mary's finances and publicity. Especially lately, when she is having gigs cancelled. Maybe the publicity will even get Marv to support her with his wallet instead of just "supporting" her here by dissing other Supremies.
    Wouldn't you think he would make the effort to support Mary in person? He is forever posting tedious threads on here telling us how wonderful she is yet he never actually attends any of her shows? A cynical mind could come to the conclusion that there is some sinister reason why he is unable to support her in person? A very sinister reason perhaps?

He’s a plant to drum up publicity for Mary and keep SD vibrant and interesting

Plant, curmudgeon etc

But this DWTS gig is good for Mary's finances and publicity. Especially lately, when she is having gigs cancelled. Maybe the publicity will even get Marv to support her with his wallet instead of just "supporting" her here by dissing other Supremes.
    He/they couldn't shiv a git about Mary. He just wants to denigrate Diana.

Hehehe - I doubt that but it should help to move a few copies of the book, which is so far well-regarded. The $ will do her well as long as she remembers or has her ... accountant ... make estimated tax payments against it. Otherwise, it's Dionne time. Certainly it will be the biggest audience Mary will ever have. I don't watch the show so I don't know what sort of follow-up careers contestants have. Do we yet know what star Wilson will be dancing with?

Plant, curmudgeon etc
    I'll take "someone who gets it" for $1000, Alex.

Plant, curmudgeon etc
    Well if Marv is a plant it's working because you all don't ignore him you always have something negative to post as well so in my eyes you negative posters are no better than he is, CLICK