[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    smark21 Guest

What is your favorite SDF Supremes Reunion thread?

There's been so many over the years, I'm wondering if there was one that stood out as being particularily memorable?

None whatsoever!!!

This is really getting ridiculous.

Favourite or memorable?

My most memorable thread was last year in September 2010 and it contained the nastiest and most evil comment that I have ever seen on SDF and it was about Diane Ross. I left SDF as a result but was coaxed back by the older posters. I won't forget the person who made that comment...ever....absolutely shameful.

Isn't it a shame, John, that your memories can't be more positive ones?
    As I said before in an other thread, it would be an HISTORICAL BLUNDER to let this valuable forum go under... because of a handful of immature fools who apparently never became to understand what it means to be a true adult.

welcome to the planet zog!
    it goes with the temptation with the bandiest legs,the vandella with the best buck teeth.the best motown record that mentioned a day of the week.
    wish i had a tardis i'd go back before the drats bit and glue,screw,nail and rivet the supremes together,and then they'd be no reunion chat whatsover!
    Last edited by tamla617; 03-05-2011 at 02:37 PM.

Robbert

I can understand the passion but I don't know why it is expressed in a negative form. It's a great shame because we know there are many knowledgeable posters here that we can learn from....but surely not by having to wade through a lot of negativity to find the pearls of wisdom.

It's upset Nomis. Check out his "I need your prayers" thread on the clubhouse.

smark21 Guest
    I started this thread in gest after two Supremes reunion threads were started earlier this week and then see the Supremes Final Sessions box set thread all of sudden turn into a Supremes Reunion thread. It's rather sad that so much energy is devoted to hoping [[or naysaying) a reunion. To me, it speaks to a hurt amongst some fans that a reunion hasn't happened and likely will never happen. Perhaps they desire a reunion to give the Supremes story a happy ending?

And then there are a few "fans" who want a reunion because they want to see one more showdown between their favorite Supreme and their least favorite Supreme so that they can see a fight break out and hope that their favorite will prevail and their least favorite will retire in shame and everlasting defeat. As well as to give these fans something new to discuss, dissect, and fight about online until they become too incapacitated to log on to the internet.
    Last edited by smark21; 03-05-2011 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Favourite or memorable?

My most memorable thread was last year in September 2010 and it contained the nastiest and most evil comment that I have ever seen on SDF and it was about Diane Ross. I left SDF as a result but was coaxed back by the older posters. I won't forget the person who made that comment...ever....absolutely shameful.
    I remember the comment well, John. It was vicious. And it was stated as fact not opinion and it bothered me immensely that the poster was not sanctioned. I am so glad you were coaxed back, though. You offer a great deal to the forum. Recently I went to look up the thread involved as I had referenced the remark to someone else but oddly enough the thread was gone. I won't forget either.

Midnightman, is this gentleman biding his time? Or is he preparing for his role of King Solomon?

Favourite or memorable?

Who made this evil comment theboyfromxtown?

Dear John, thou shall not be tempted te reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by robbert View Post
    Midnightman, is this gentleman biding his time? Or is he preparing for his role of King Solomon?
    No he's preparing to do another 40 minute video about nothing. Much like the Supremes threads... OOPS did I say that outloud?

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Who made this evil comment theboyfromxtown?
    http://www.christianityoasis.com/keyword/busybody.htm

Point taken theboyfromxtown.

Thank you.

Roberta

None whatsoever. I too am so tired of these threads. Why not start your own group and then all the folks that want to post hateful things can be part of that group and the rest of us can talk about the music and all good things Motown. Enough.

I'm hoping THIS thread doesn't go south....................

^ Ralph, that's like wishing for a Michael Jackson and Prince duet to actually work out when Michael was alive. If history has shown on this site, any indication of a Supremes thread going south is a rarity nowadays because it ain't even about the women, it's about posters' hidden agendas to use the group to attack each other for whatever reason.

can these 2 sides actually listen to the original supremes,drats and post drats supremes and all their different line ups?or do they have era's that cannot be crossed?
    i cant get my head 'round the whole thing really.
    i've never seen one,have there ever been the same probs with the post david ruffin temps,post eddie k temps and the original outfit?

Please lets not bring the Tempts into this.........and I cant remember a single Supreme thread that I would like to revisit. Way too many flames for this brother.......

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    I'm hoping THIS thread doesn't go south....................
    Regarding my participation in this thread. You are right Ralph. I should just let sleeping dogs lie. I should have made my comment to boyfromxtown privately. I apologize.

midnight man your post#10

made me jump he's blinking all the time,i thought i was seeing things.as a scrolled i saw his eyes open,then went back and saw them closed so i thought i'd imagined it,THEN THEY BLINKED.that was spooky!
    how do you post a moving picture that moves with out "opening" blimey that was wierd! lol

No apologies needed Sophisticated Soul. Your intentions were in the right place. It's a shame threads of this nature seem to go bad all of the time. I've never quite figured out why this happens, it just does.

No apologies needed Sophisticated Soul. Your intentions were in the right place. It's a shame threads of this nature seem to go bad all of the time. I've never quite figured out why this happens, it just does.
    I can't figure it out either Ralph. But if I don't like it [[and I don't) I shouldn't do anything to encourage it. I'm glad you understood that that was not my intention.

btw Sir Ralph - and all - on the previous forum I was "SophSoul [[sophisticated_soul)" but when we transferred over, only my parenthetical self appeared, which I know is a handful to type. So everybody Soph, SophSoul or Joseph is fine. Thanks.

What about Sophie?

pshark Guest
    Here's an idea, instead of flooding this forum with trivia supremes threads, maybe someone should start their own supremes forum.
    http://proforums.org/

Joseph works for me.........

I like that idea, Shark. Anyone who gets out of line here could be bannished to that Supremes forum and they can all happily duke it out.

pshark good one!

and the 1st forum is free!
    i've got some names for it
    madison square garden
    rumble in the jungle
    thriller in manilla
    where's my ear gone tyson? eh?

Ralph

I did suggest it when the forum changed back in August 2010. So I am definitely in favour. Pshark even came up with a title!

08-05-2010 08:58 PM #1 theboyfromxtown
    View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Articles Send Email
    Senior Member Join Date:Aug 2010
    What do you think about a separate thread "Everything Supreme". I think it seems a reasonable suggestion.

I'm happy for it to proceed and also happy to continue as we are. Reply Reply With Quote .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    08-05-2010 09:08 PM #2 pshark
    View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Articles Add as Contact
    Posts:3,126Since the supreme threads has taken over the Motown section, maybe they could
    change the title to "Everything Supreme" and post all other Motown acts on the main
    forum. Reply Reply With Quote .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    08-05-2010 10:20 PM #3 theboyfromxtown
    View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Articles Send Email

Thank you.

pshark Guest
    ^You actually came up with the title

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    What about Sophie?
    Mmmmmm. Not so much. Let's stick with JOsEph my friend! lol.

Joseph

Tut tut....the youngsters of today.....and when you least expect it too!

HAHAHA

John,
    There are times I think it would be prudent to not allow any thread with "Supremes" in the title. But then that would be counter to anything this forum stands for. We live with what we have, I suppose.

Joseph

Tut tut....the youngsters of today.....and when you least expect it too!

HAHAHA
    Tell me about it, John! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by tamla617 View Post
    can these 2 sides actually listen to the original supremes,drats and post drats supremes and all their different line ups?or do they have era's that cannot be crossed?
    i cant get my head 'round the whole thing really.
    i've never seen one,have there ever been the same probs with the post david ruffin temps,post eddie k temps and the original outfit?
    Me personally I like a song from all eras. For someone to single out an era would do injustice to the group as a whole. That's why this group don't really get the respect they deserve because their fan base is so friggin' divided between portions. It sucks.

John,
    There are times I think it would be prudent to not allow any thread with "Supremes" in the title. But then that would be counter to anything this forum stands for. We live with what we have, I suppose.
    You wanna not bring attention to the girls? Name them the Sophias. No one will notice.

Works for me, Midnight.

John,
    Ralph

I agree that stopping any threads with "Supremes" in the title is not the right thing to do. The suggestion of a separate thread is about managing a problem that has been identified on several occasions.

There are two 2 options...we do something or we don't. To date, we have taken the second choice and hoped that the problems would cease. However, it hasn't worked so far.

Many years ago, I used to moderate a Motown group...in the days of Onelist. It catered for all the Motown artists which were not covered by other groups on the Onelist network. It was set up because there was a number of groups already dealing with Diana Ross/Supremes; the others were kind of overlooked. The Motown Onelist was there to serve those other artists but we aimed to work alongside the other Supremes groups [[and not compete) by recommending members to check out those Supremes groups. Our Motownonelist group folded only because Yahoo stopped Onelist and went to a new regime. It made me realise how much time I was spending dealing with questions and moderating the list. I had to stop and let someone else take over the reins.

Many of the posters on that old onelist are here on SDF - Rob, Midnight Johnny, Cap'n James, all from outside the UK. I have had wonderful relationships with all of them for something like 15 years. International was now becoming a historic word as a result of the internet. What a wonderful concept.

I am not suggesting we stop Supremes threads, only that we accomodate those posts separately in their own separately identified forum. Presumably it is possible. In all honesty, I do think we have to do something because I don't feel it is working for many of the members.

What is sad is that these posters will be good decent people outside the board and it's only their passion for the music that kind of takes over and results in unpleasantness.

I think it's that these Supremes fans want a decent place to post about their favorite group, but tend to bring along the same crap that exists on those other forums [[of which I have seen one, BTW). I think they really need their own sandbox here, a separate room, because there are a lot of SDF'ers who are totally turned off by the constant barrage of Supremes/Diana Ross/Mary Wilson threads. Some days I log on here and tune back out because I see nothing but those threads. I've tried to start threads about other things, but they are ignored in favor of all those Supremes-related threads.
    Last edited by soulster; 03-07-2011 at 08:56 PM. Reason: corrections

I have received similar remarks from members but all privately.

Members come on here to get away from the stresses and pressures of everyday life. They want to relax and be happy and do something they know they are interested in. Ploughing through threads still means having to manoeuvre through a lot of negativity and that tends to bring forward the point at which interest is lost.

soulster
    they weren't ignored.they didnt attract as much,granted,but most of those drats threads consist of quotes and counter quotes.the arguments drive themselves.because the peolple have to have the last word.
    there are a few here that i can see are trying to drive a thread/threads to get away from the negative ones with different subjects.power to them and anyone who stays here and brings in interesting/funny and thought provoking threads
    i always read your threads,if i dont answer dont take it as a negative,i might be confused!

Tamla617

To every cloud there is a silver lining...

I bet the tiling has been done now! LOL

rats! i knew i should have been doin' something!

Quote from John Lester above:

I am not suggesting we stop Supremes threads, only that we accomodate those posts separately in their own separately identified forum. Presumably it is possible. In all honesty, I do think we have to do something because I don't feel it is working for many of the members.

I completely agree.

Rob

John and all,
    If we were to have a separate room reserved for the Supremes, the forum would probably blow up. In all seriousness, as a moderator, I would be getting the same complaints I get now when things get out of hand, but probably more of them. I don't need the added aggrivation. I'll just keep doing what I have been, but maybe a little quicker, and that will be to zap any thread I feel crosses the line of civility. It just makes things easier, guys.

I've said it before and I will say it again. There is no need for a separate forum. IF it does come to that then I ask the moderator to establish a separate forum for ummm lets say the top 20 Motown Artist within the "MOTOWN" forum. One for the temptations, Marvin, Gladys, Martha/Vandellas, Marvelettes, Funk Brothers, writers, producers, etc. Fair is fair and if that is the way that some want it, then fine. Let me just say this. I get more tired of the whiners here then the offensive threads. We are all suppose to be intelligent people here and I find it hard to believe that people use a "too hard to navigate" excuse. To hard to navigate what? Its all on one damn page. Skip the ones you dont like. It doesnt take a rocket scientist. While I'm at it, I am also tired of hearing about "the downfall" of this forum. That is just wishful thinking for those that can't get their way. In life people come and people go. Just the way it is.

So I propose within the MOTOWN forum, sub forums for the top acts, writers, producers. Not just the Supremes but all Motown acts.

Joseph works for me.........
    I work for Ralph? Wow, I thought I retired from work a few years back. . .geesh, maybe I better lighten up on the kush. . .[[sssssssh. . .would you be quite!. . .we don't enough for everybody!. . .beside Wavy Gravy brain, that's not what he meant). Oh? Ooooooh! I get it. Sorry voice. My bad. Joseph, Joseph bo Boseph, bo nana fana. . .

Likely was meant to say..............Joseph, that works for me!

I wondered if you got a new job too. Is the pay good? Did you think you'd get to be moderator of the new Supremes section?