[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks for this copley. Would you by any chance know the dates for this show?

If anyone is in the Los Angeles, California area you might be interested in this. Also, I understand there will be signed copies of the new set available at this event.
    Name:  74834472_10157026412708369_5496040396221841408_n.jpg
Views: 1410
Size:  59.9 KB

The Catalina Bar & Grill is such a great place. Every seat is great, the atmosphere is fun and reminds me of an old style jazz club from back in the 40s or 50s. Their food is good too and very reasonably priced. A really fun place to see and hear lots of different artists.

I don't know if I can make it on a Wednesday night but it's a great venue and I'm sure Blinky will be great. She looks fabulous in the photo!

Thanks for posting @thonmg!

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    The Catalina Bar & Grill is such a great place. Every seat is great, the atmosphere is fun and reminds me of an old style jazz club from back in the 40s or 50s. Their food is good too and very reasonably priced. A really fun place to see and hear lots of different artists.

I don't know if I can make it on a Wednesday night but it's a great venue and I'm sure Blinky will be great. She looks fabulous in the photo!

Thanks for posting @thonmg!
    Wow! You're right, Kenny. Blinky's new photo looks fantastic! You really oughta go to her concert. You know you'll kick yourself later if you don't!

Is there somebody who heard her version of "How long has that evening train been gone" I hope it is near the DRATS version. Someboday wrote in the past Blinky don´t use the DRATS band track. I am very curious about it but on the other hand, I was disapointed above her version of "The hunter", because the atmosphare of the track is gone on Blinky´s version. Thanks for any reply.

Judt ordered my copy tonight. Can't wait to receive it.

Hello friends,

Just a heads-up that, for those interested, autographed copies of Blinky's HEART FULL OF SOUL: THE MOTOWN ANTHOLOGY are available *now* exclusively through Real Gone Music's website:

https://shop.realgonemusic.com/products/blinky-heart-full-of-soul-the-motown-anthology-2-cd-set?_pos=1&_sid=fdfb8e86d&_ss=r

This offer is limited to the first 100 orders. One per customer. Here's a photo of Blinky signing the CDs with Real Gone's Gordon Anderson and yours truly [[the set's co-producer, Joe Marchese).

Name:  Blinky Autographing.jpg
Views: 1011
Size:  93.5 KB

I can't wait to hear this collection!

Dusty Groove now shows a Dec. 6 release date. Has it been pushed back again?

I just got an email from Real Gone Music that my Blinky CD copy has shipped. When I tracked the shipping, it said that a mailing label has been created. I'm thinking probably Tuesday it should be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    I just got an email from Real Gone Music that my Blinky CD copy has shipped. When I tracked the shipping, it said that a mailing label has been created. I'm thinking probably Tuesday it should be here.
    I got the same e-mail, Philles/Motown Gary! I got all excited. Hoping I'll have it before Thanksgiving in the states.

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    I got the same e-mail, Philles/Motown Gary! I got all excited. Hoping I'll have it before Thanksgiving in the states.
    I know, Thom! Me, too! I got scared when I saw superlou's message [[two posts above) about it being pushed back to December 6. At that moment was when my Shipping Confirmation email came through that it's been shipped! Whew!

I also got the shipping confirmation. How many blinks of the eye until Blinky arrives? It will be well worth it.

Lucky, I forget what we paid for shipping. Was it First Class Mail or was it Expedited? Do you remember?

Shipping is First Class. If you click on the View Your Order icon, it is listed in the bottom left corner.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluckyme View Post
    Shipping is First Class. If you click on the View Your Order icon, it is listed in the bottom left corner.
    Thanks, Lucky. We should have 'em in our hands by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest, I should think.

Quote Originally Posted by superlou View Post
    Dusty Groove now shows a Dec. 6 release date. Has it been pushed back again?
    Copies are shipping now directly from Real Gone Music. After a series of hiccups on the manufacturing end, December 6 is the new, final wide release date. Only two more weeks before Blinky is officially freed from the vaults!

It's listed as SOLD OUT on the Real Gone Music website or am I missing something?

I feel a little strange because I had never really heard any of Blinky's music before. I have to look her up.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I feel a little strange because I had never really heard any of Blinky's music before. I have to look her up.
    Marv, check out Blinky's duet album tracks with Edwin Starr on YouTube. It's a great album! Also check out Blinky's first solo single on Motown proper, "I Wouldn't Change The Man He Is". Produced by Ashford & Simpson, it's a blues scorcher sounding exactly as you would expect from Nick & Val -- HOT!

Quote Originally Posted by SatansBlues View Post
    It's listed as SOLD OUT on the Real Gone Music website or am I missing something?
    Wow, go Blinky! It seems that the initial, autographed stock has sold out within one day. Don't worry - while the autographs are gone, more stock will certainly be available via RGM [[as well as traditional channels) very shortly. I'll post here when more copies become available.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondDiscJoe View Post
    Wow, go Blinky! It seems that the initial, autographed stock has sold out within one day. Don't worry - while the autographs are gone, more stock will certainly be available via RGM [[as well as traditional channels) very shortly. I'll post here when more copies become available.
    Wow, that's great, Joe! Sounds like you guys have got yourselves a winner!

Marv, check out Blinky's duet album tracks with Edwin Starr on YouTube. It's a great album! Also check out Blinky's first solo single on Motown proper, "I Wouldn't Change The Man He Is". Produced by Ashford & Simpson, it's a blues scorcher sounding exactly as you would expect from Nick & Val -- HOT!
    I will check them out. Thanks Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I will check them out. Thanks Gary.
    Here ya go, Marv. For your musical pleasure:

BLINKY - "I Wouldn't Change The Man He Is"
    https://youtu.be/SDL3U6kZVHI

EDWIN STARR & BLINKY - "Just We Two" - 1969 LP/CD [[Gordy):

1) "You've Made Me So Very Happy"
    https://youtu.be/MSZy16oT4jU

2) "I'm So Thankful"
    https://youtu.be/O4eHX9zyG8U

3) "Oh How Happy"
    https://youtu.be/1OtYTrMKOyM

4) "Let It Be Me"
    https://youtu.be/idTNuUWnOmk

5) "I'm Glad You Belong To Me"
    https://youtu.be/LJv26Ow3l1M

6) "I'll Understand"
    https://youtu.be/Xw3ovFkRlrQ

7) "We'll Find A Way"
    https://youtu.be/10Y6NI4sjnc

8) "Sweet Joy Of Life"
    https://youtu.be/usFkPP5sHJE

9) "Can't We Be Strangers Again"
    https://youtu.be/PVNzG46Y9HM

10) "I See A Rainbow"
    https://youtu.be/I9LeJu86k7s

11) "Ooh Baby Baby"
    https://youtu.be/1-oR_Fx82rw
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 11-22-2019 at 10:34 PM.

Good news regarding the new Blinky CD! Once the mailing labels were created, it finally arrived at a USPS station in Anaheim, CA. Expected delivery is Monday, November 25, by 8:00 p.m. Thom, we're gonna get our wish of having it in our grubby little hands by Thanksgiving [[and then some)! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

I was surprised to receive the same e-mail about Monday delivery as well. As Blinky sings, Thank You God!

Good news regarding the new Blinky CD! Once the mailing labels were created, it finally arrived at a USPS station in Anaheim, CA. Expected delivery is Monday, November 25, by 8:00 p.m. Thom, we're gonna get our wish of having it in our grubby little hands by Thanksgiving [[and then some)! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
    This is perfect, Gary! I'll have an extended weekend to play it full blast at home! Happy Thanksgiving to us!

I've had my copy for a few days. All I will say is that you will love it. The music is out of this world and booklet is beautiful and packed full of information. Blinky - free at last.

Name:  Blinky & Humboldt.jpg
Views: 876
Size:  83.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    I've had my copy for a few days. All I will say is that you will love it. The music is out of this world and booklet is beautiful and packed full of information. Blinky - free at last.

Oh wow. So happy that it's official out there! I can't wait to hear this collection.

Wonderful John. I hope that you

Any reviews of Blinky live ??

Hallelujah. My copy should be arriving tomorrow. Can't wait. Merry Christmas.

This is perfect, Gary! I'll have an extended weekend to play it full blast at home! Happy Thanksgiving to us!
    Thom, I hope I haven't given you false hope regarding my tracking info. for Monday's delivery. Last night, I was checking my original order and was reminded that I had opted for Priority Mail. If you chose Priority Mail as well, you're in the clear; if not, you may or may not see a Monday delivery. However, luckyluckyme said that he paid for First Class Mail and yet he, too, got the confirmation of a Monday delivery. So your chances of getting yours on Monday may still be good. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

I have my fingers crossed for everyone. I've played it twice now and have so many new favs it's wild

I assume it depends on the distance from the point of origin, and the efficiency of one's local postal system- although for a package coming from the west coast to the east, I'm appreciative of such fast service.

Thom, I hope I haven't given you false hope regarding my tracking info. for Monday's delivery. Last night, I was checking my original order and was reminded that I had opted for Priority Mail. If you chose Priority Mail as well, you're in the clear; if not, you may or may not see a Monday delivery. However, luckyluckyme said that he paid for First Class Mail and yet he, too, got the confirmation of a Monday delivery. So your chances of getting yours on Monday may still be good. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
    I checked and it says delivery Monday by 8:00pm. I think I'm in the clear! And I ordered it so long ago that I can't remember what shipping method I chose!

I checked and it says delivery Monday by 8:00pm. I think I'm in the clear! And I ordered it so long ago that I can't remember what shipping method I chose!
    Oh, that's good to hear, Thom. I was dreading having to disappoint you. Sounds like the only disappointment here is that I wasted the extra bucks on Priority Mail!

I have my fingers crossed for everyone. I've played it twice now and have so many new favs it's wild
    Hey, Copley! Just curious here -- how did you manage to get your copy so early?

I got an advance copy

I got an advance copy
    Cool! My copy is Out For Delivery. Can't wait!!!

So, Blinky is freed. Who's next?

Cool! My copy is Out For Delivery. Can't wait!!!
    Fingers crossed that you get her soon. I'm sure that you will love it

Fingers crossed that you get her soon. I'm sure that you will love it
    Thanks, Cop! I'm expecting it'll be here mid-to-late afternoon. Oh, I already know I'll love it! Tracks like "I Wouldn't Change The Man He Is" and "It's Gonna Be Always" are among Motown's finest! There's bound to be other gems on there just as good!
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 11-25-2019 at 02:22 PM.

How was the show at the Catalina Bar & Grill?

Gary! My package just arrived and I am so excited! [[I know that's the Pointer Sisters but, well, who cares?) Very pleased to find that I got one of the autographed covers along with my order. Happy Thanksgiving to all. I'm be the one with the headphones on, ignoring everyone!

Gary! My package just arrived and I am so excited! [[I know that's the Pointer Sisters but, well, who cares?) Very pleased to find that I got one of the autographed covers along with my order. Happy Thanksgiving to all. I'm be the one with the headphones on, ignoring everyone!
    Congrats, Tom! Still waiting for mine to arrive [[and to think I was worried about YOU not getting YOUR copy on time! Ha!) Not worried; mine will be here within the next hour or two. Have fun with it! This release is REALLY SPECIAL!

I'm thoroughly enjoying mine right now, although I must say it will take a little getting used to hearing 2 familiar songs in new settings- How Long Has That Evening Train Been Gone & Shine On Me.
    And even a new Lewis Sisters Composition!

To all involved in getting this wonderful Blinky Motown Anthology to us thank you & congratulations.
    Is it safe to assume that Blinky never recorded a version of "If I Were Your Woman" at Motown even though Clay McMurray stated that it was written for her?
    I was surprised that Blinky didn't like any of the Gil Askey project [[Mowest 101) tunes. Did Don Hunter record any more tracks with Blinky in 1970? The 5 featured are fabulous.

Thom & Copley: Got my copy! And, Thom -- I, too, received an autographed copy which was a pleasant surprise! Haven't played it yet, but will later tonight. In the meantime, I'm reading the booklet from cover to cover. Wow! So many beautiful photos of Blinky on the front, back, and inside covers as well as in the booklet. Just incredible!

Thom & Copley: Got my copy! And, Thom -- I, too, received an autographed copy which was a pleasant surprise! Haven't played it yet, but will later tonight. In the meantime, I'm reading the booklet from cover to cover. Wow! So many beautiful photos of Blinky on the front, back, and inside covers as well as in the booklet. Just incredible!
    It would have been horrible, Gary, if you had NOT received yours today! The packaging is indeed fantastic. A quality release! Blinky has risen from the vaults with a vengeance! Woo Hoo!
    Last edited by thommg; 11-26-2019 at 11:52 AM. Reason: left out a word