[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Blinky "Heart Full Of Soul: The Motown Anthology" 2CD set [[Real Gone) [[11/01/2019)

Description
    The story of Sondra "Blinky" Williams has long been shrouded in mystery. The soulful singer came to Motown Records in 1967 following stints at Vee-Jay and Atlantic, bringing her passionate and powerful deep soul sound to Hitsville, USA. Despite recording dozens of tracks between 1968 and 1973, only a small handful saw release: a mere four 45s plus an album of duets with Edwin Starr, two live cuts, and a couple of one-off recordings, including a key moment on the best-selling soundtrack of Lady Sings the Blues. Over the years, Blinky tracks would emerge on compilation releases, prompting fans worldwide to clamor for more and even launch a "Free Blinky from the Vaults" campaign. Now, Blinky is free at last—and her full story can be told. Heart Full of Soul—--The Motown Anthology is the ultimate collection dedicated to Motown's great lost superstar. Over two CDs and almost 50 songs, Blinky's Motown journey is chronicled with songs written and produced for her by the label's greatest talents including Nickolas Ashford and Valerie Simpson, Clay McMurray, Frank Wilson, Hal Davis, Gil Askey, Deke Richards, Jerry Marcellino and Mel Larson, Don Hunter, and Stevie Wonder. The first disc presents her 1970 album Sunny and Warm in complete form for the very first time along with all of her released singles plus rarities and live tracks. The second disc premieres over 20 never-before-heard recordings, both in original Motown stereo mixes and brand-new mixes by Kevin Reeves, that showcase the depth and breadth of Blinky's remarkable voice. Released with the full cooperation of the artist, Heart Full of Soul: The Motown Anthology has been produced and annotated by the team of Joe Marchese and Andrew Skurow [[Bobby Darin's Go Ahead and Back Up: The Lost Motown Masters, The Supremes' The Ultimate Merry Christmas), and mastered by Kevin Reeves [[The Supremes' Expanded Editions) from the original tapes. The deluxe booklet [[housed inside a 6-panel digipak) features rare photographs and extensive liner notes drawing on a new interview with Blinky. Gospel, jazz, R&B, and the classic Motown Sound all come together with the distinctive voice of Motown's greatest "lost" artist, Blinky. Heart Full of Soul has to be heard to be believed.

Tracklist
    [CD1]
    1. I Wouldn't Change the Man He Is
    2. Rescue Me
    3. How You Gonna Keep It
    4. This Man of Mine
    5. It's Gonna Be Always
    6. How Long Has That Evening Train Been Gone
    7. Shine on Me
    8. For Once in My Life
    9. I'll Always Love You
    10. Is There a Place [[in His Heart for Me)
    11. This Time Last Summer
    12. Your Love Is Worth Waiting For
    13. God Bless the Child
    14. The Hunter Gets Captured by the Game
    15. Can I Get a Witness
    16. T'Ain't Nobody's Bizness If I Do [[Lady Sings the Blues Version)
    17. Money [[That's What I Want) [[Single Version)
    18. For Your Precious Love [[Single Version)
    19. T'Ain't Nobody's Bizness If I Do [[Single Version)
    20. What More Can I Do
    21. You Get A Tangle in Your Lifeline
    22. I Can't Turn You Loose
    23. I Wouldn't Change the Man He Is
    24. God Bless the Child [[Previously unreleased)

[CD2]
    1. Heart Full of Soul
    2. Don't Leave Your Baby
    3. I'd Feel a Lot Better
    4. [[I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
    5. Let's Stay Together
    6. Mr. Soul Brother
    7. Thank You God
    8. It's Been a Long Time Happenin'
    9. I've Gotta Get You Back
    10. The Fool on the Hill
    11. A Little Bit of Heaven [[on A Little Patch of Earth)
    12. How Can I Go On
    13. Inside
    14. You'll Never Cherish a Love So True [['Til You Lose It)
    15. I'm Just a Woman [[Not Strong)
    16. You're the Loser Now
    17. You Keep Telling Me Lies
    18. One Half of Love
    19. I'll Make It Up to You
    20. Don't Let Me Be Lonely Tonight
    21. You're My Morning Light
    22. People Make the World Go Round

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XGDY5GJ/?tag=imwan-20

Free at last …Free at last …thank God almighty …Blinky’s free at last!!!!

Thanks Eddie...great news.....and some Motown on CD at last too!!

Wow! Finally! This is indeed great news. I will pre-order.

Wow! I can hardly wait.

And forever came today

Fantastic! Can't wait to finally see this one! Real Gone is to be commended. They put out so much great stuff. Let's support them, guys!

I’d said that our patience would pay off, and it has. Thanks Real Gone and everyone else involved.

Thud! Now that I 've picked myself off the floor, might I ask if Real Gone has asked/will ask Blinky about autographing copies that will be sold on their website? It's been done several times before with the featured artist's co-operation. Or is this something to which people are also sworn to secrecy?

How wonderful this news is as there hasn`t been much lately to get enthused about.I can`t get my head around vinyl only releases. I bought the "Sounds Of Motown" LP recently and had it transferred to CD, but it`s an expensive pain in the arse.
    Copley I`m so happy for you.

Good News! Real Gone is awesome, I am a regular customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Polhill View Post
    How wonderful this news is as there hasn`t been much lately to get enthused about.I can`t get my head around vinyl only releases. I bought the "Sounds Of Motown" LP recently and had it transferred to CD, but it`s an expensive pain in the arse.
    Copley I`m so happy for you.
    Thanks Roger, to say I'm over the moon is an understatement

It's been said above but still nice [[even if blurry).

Name:  69843852_10219510367252721_3074771373583761408_n.jpg
Views: 3886
Size:  84.9 KB

As a Motown completist, I will probably buy this if it is reasonable enough. As I keep saying, keep them coming!

Thanks, Eddie! I've pre-ordered my copy. According to Amazon, Blinky is their "#1 New Release". Way to go, Blinky!
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 09-08-2019 at 12:19 AM.

Great news and a just have to have.

About time..this is a must have for me.

Just ordered mine. Let's be sure to get behind this release. Never thought we'd see it but thrilled that Real Gone is putting it out. Their releases are so high quality.

This is a definite buy! So excited that Blinky will be freed from the vaults and I will enjoy her time in my cd player!

OMG, I can't believe it! How fantastic! Looks amazing!

I've been checking this site regular for new releases and so far this year, aside from Jr Walker & The All Stars,' has been a huge dud for new CD releases.
    This is amazing news. I can't wait to get this!

Quote Originally Posted by lakedistrictlad1 View Post
    I've been checking this site regular for new releases and so far this year, aside from Jr Walker & The All Stars,' has been a huge dud for new CD releases.
    This is amazing news. I can't wait to get this!
    The excitement i have for this release is as great as if they were ten releases on the same day! I’m ordering mine as soon as I get my next paycheck.

Just ordered mine direct from Real Gone. This is a very exciting release!

Could not find it on the RG site

It requires some searching as the RGM site is inexplicably a bit out of date:

https://shop.realgonemusic.com/products/blinky-heart-full-of-soul-the-motown-anthology-2-cd-set

Thanks for the RGM link to Blinky, danman. I've cancelled my Amazon order and have ordered it through Real Gone Music instead.

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Could not find it on the RG site
    jack020, I put Blinky in the search function and it came up as a pre-order.

Here's hoping IVY JO HUNTER is followed up next. Keep up the great work REEL GONE MUSIC.

This is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulmusic4life View Post
    Here's hoping IVY JO HUNTER is followed up next. Keep up the great work REEL GONE MUSIC.
    coudn't agree more

Thnx for the info guys!
    Cheaper than Amazon at the RG site

But 14 $ for shipping,taxes etc is way too much.
    Will wait for the price to come down
    Last edited by jack020; 09-11-2019 at 03:48 AM.

Great news indeed.

Congratulations to all of the team involved in bringing the project to fruition.

Hello friends! I'm popping in here to let you know that, due to a small manufacturing delay, Blinky's HEART FULL OF SOUL: THE MOTOWN ANTHOLOGY will now be arriving in stores [[and mailboxes!) on Friday, November 15. Everybody at Real Gone Music and Second Disc Records apologizes for this slight delay, but rest assured that Blinky will be free from the vaults - at last! - in just two weeks. In the meantime, I hope to see any L.A. fans at Blinky's concert on November 13 at Catalina Jazz Club in Hollywood. CDs will be available at the show, and I expect it to be an incredible evening with Motown's great unsung superstar. Thanks, everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by SecondDiscJoe View Post
    Hello friends! I'm popping in here to let you know that, due to a small manufacturing delay, Blinky's HEART FULL OF SOUL: THE MOTOWN ANTHOLOGY will now be arriving in stores [[and mailboxes!) on Friday, November 15. Everybody at Real Gone Music and Second Disc Records apologizes for this slight delay, but rest assured that Blinky will be free from the vaults - at last! - in just two weeks. In the meantime, I hope to see any L.A. fans at Blinky's concert on November 13 at Catalina Jazz Club in Hollywood. CDs will be available at the show, and I expect it to be an incredible evening with Motown's great unsung superstar. Thanks, everybody!
    I guess seeing as how we've waited so long already, and yours is the first company to actually free Blinky, we have to forgive you!

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    I guess seeing as how we've waited so long already, and yours is the first company to actually free Blinky, we have to forgive you!
    Thanks, Kenneth. I have to admit - it's a bit ironic that this particular release was held up unexpectedly! But I hope that once everyone has a copy, it will have been worth the wait.

Rumor has it that Blinky was seen signing copies recently. True or false?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluckyme View Post
    Rumor has it that Blinky was seen signing copies recently. True or false?
    I'm happy to say that this is very true! We'll have an official announcement coming soon about how to obtain an autographed copy.

One last update, folks: I've just learned this morning that the final, revised street date is now November 22. That said, pre-orders made directly from Real Gone Music's website should arrive earlier than that, and CDs will be available at Blinky's November 13 concert at Catalina Jazz Club in Hollywood. I truly can't wait for all of you to see and hear this release; so sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I promise that November 22 is just around the corner!

Come on guys, let's get behind this release. We're not getting these at the frequency we used to, so be sure to support those at Real Gone who finally did what we've hoped for, for years. And be sure to post your reviews on Amazon, not just here, so we're not just preaching to the choir. Thanks!

Come on guys, let's get behind this release. We're not getting these at the frequency we used to, so be sure to support those at Real Gone who finally did what we've hoped for, for years. And be sure to post your reviews on Amazon, not just here, so we're not just preaching to the choir. Thanks!
    I agree! Let' get behind this and buy up this release quickly!

Already did, Kenny! I had already pre-ordered my copy from Amazon from day 1, but then canceled it and ordered it directly from Real Gone to be sure that Blinky's CD gets credit for the sale. The more credits earned, the higher the chance of Real Gone releasing other Motown CDs like the remaining titles by The Originals.

Not the best quality , but we'll take what we get. Starts at 3:46 and ends at 7:02

Those who subscribe to Amazon Music Unlimited can hear a few [[3) of the unreleased songs via:

allmusic.com/album/heart-full-of-soul-the-8230--mw0003319414?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=emai l&utm_campaign=2019-11-01

[[Still) can't wait!

Just had notification from amazon that it has gone to December 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluckyme View Post
    Those who subscribe to Amazon Music Unlimited can hear a few [[3) of the unreleased songs via:

allmusic.com/album/heart-full-of-soul-the-8230--mw0003319414?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=emai l&utm_campaign=2019-11-01
    Really? I can't see anything from the new album by our Blinky!

Real Gone is an amazing label, run by Gordon Anderson who was the founder of Collectors Choice music, another great mail order label which back in the 90s was, after Rhino and Bear Family, practically the only really worthy reissue label, and about the only one which focused on Pop, Vocals and R&B which had been neglected by other reissue labels. Rhino tended to focus on Rock and Bear Family on Country.

Real Gone just released its Christmas 2019 titles and they're great, including a double CD of Chet Atkins from various labels, Jim Reeves [[the country artist who died young in a plane crash, I believe), and Leroy Anderson [[who wrote "Sleigh Ride" and lots of novelty instrumental numbers like "Syncopated Clock").

They've also released so much other great stuff. I have quite a few CDs from their catalog.

I pre-ordered this set from importcds.com and for some reason, my order ended up being cancelled and I was sent an email stating that the item has been discontinued by the manufacturer. Very odd. Perhaps it has to do with the change in the release date. I suppose I will try pre-ordering from the label's website itself.

Just Blinky.