[REMOVE ADS]

Fantasia set to release new music, taking career in her hands and balancing life

My favorite vocalist to come on the scene since the turn of the century. Don't even have to think about it. Hands down favorite. Her recorded music isn't always up to the standards of her talent, but she's tops for me.

I agree RanRan. She is such a singular talent with a unique voice but the records don't show her off enough. They are trying to fit her into a commercial slot that doesn't suit her well. I hope she is able to release music that shows off her talent in a better way. Many of us are just waiting for that to happen!

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    My favorite vocalist to come on the scene since the turn of the century. Don't even have to think about it. Hands down favorite. Her recorded music isn't always up to the standards of her talent, but she's tops for me.
    I agree with you regarding her vocal ability, but some of her albums are awful. The songs are way below the standard a vocalist of her ability should be recording. She has the potential to become a legend, but she really does need to find some decent songs. Her ability is unquestionable.

She sounds best on the gospel recordings that she's done. I seem to remember liking her Back To Me album the most, out of all of the albums she's done to date. It's been a while since I've listened to it. I didn't think the previous album was horrible and I was surprised to hear her say in this interview that she is not happy with it. Her debut album also has a few gems on it. I agree that no one has been able to properly capture her voice yet on her recordings, for the most part. I'm sorry to say I'm not in love with the latest singles she's released. Hopefully they will grow on me. I'll give them a chance.

Fantasia is still very street.

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    I agree RanRan. She is such a singular talent with a unique voice but the records don't show her off enough. They are trying to fit her into a commercial slot that doesn't suit her well. I hope she is able to release music that shows off her talent in a better way. Many of us are just waiting for that to happen!
    Fantasia's recording career has mystified me. Each CD has one or more "bangerz" [[as the kids say). "Truth Is", "When I See U", "Bittersweet" and "Lose To Win" are expertly executed tracks that will stand the test of time. So there is a commercial context where she can be very appealing. But the rest of the CDs fall flat. I don't understand why she can't find decent songs and stick to a consistent production aesthetic for a whole CD. That last CD and the new singles are unremarkable.

I've seen her live a few times, and her performances are uneven in the same way.