[REMOVE ADS]

JACKSON 5 - GREATEST HITS: QUADRAPHONIC MIX vinyl oct 25,2019

The original release of the Jackson 5’s Greatest Hits LP in 1971 was cause for celebration, as it encapsulated an extraordinary 18-month string of back-to-back hits and was itself a hit souvenir of Jacksonmania. It featured eight smash records, led by the group’s phenomenal Motown debut, “I Want You Back.”

This LP reissue is something new again: it features the rare quadrophonic mixes, originally released in Japan only in 1975. These mixes used alternate vocals and sometimes emphasized instrumentation not heard in the J5 singles or LP and as a result these versions are much sought-after. As within this edition these mixes are the stereo folds, consumers do not need a special decoder or four speakers to enjoy the music.

Available for pre-order now and will be released on 25th October.

Name:  SharedImage-94251.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  23.9 KB

Editor: please delete.

Thanks for posting this. I've been after the quadraphonic mixes for years! Have just pre-ordered.

Can’t wait! 😍

Is this set being released on vinyl? It sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Is this set being released on vinyl? It sounds great.
    Yep. On regular black vinyl and clear vinyl too. Can be pre-ordered on Amazon [[US) and The Sound of Vinyl [[I'm in the UK and used this)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatkliqkid View Post
    Yep. On regular black vinyl and clear vinyl too. Can be pre-ordered on Amazon [[US) and The Sound of Vinyl [[I'm in the UK and used this)
    That makes me very happy! Thank you
    Thatkliqkid

This is why I still find this site useful. I never would have found that on my own. I did see that the white vinyl is about $5 more than the black vinyl.

I don't understand ...Why no CD release too ? [[I've already have the original Quad Japanese LP )
    This year marks the 50th anniversary of the J5 first album , i hope Universal won't miss this opportunity !!
    Please Universal take care of the J5/MJ worldwide fans.