[REMOVE ADS]

The Supremes-Hullaballoo

This photo is from an old fan magazine, and it is one of my favorites...so much so that I have it framed. We know it is from the 1965 Hullabaloo appearance [[with Sammy Davis Jr. as guest host) where they sang "Nothing But Heartaches" along with a number with Sammy.

Apparently this is from the dress rehearsal being based on not only Florence's gown, but also Mary's face which, to me, looks like has not been 'made up' yet. This is not meant to be an insult, but I do notice Mary especially doesn't seem to have on her eyelashes. Name:  sv0YlnUSRtqamlFl+X87ZA_thumb_18b0.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  80.2 KB

[[note: I don't know if I correctly followed the steps to insert a photo)

I apologize...there's no way to edit the title of my thread to correct the spelling of Hullabaloo.
    Last edited by jobucats; 09-03-2019 at 09:16 AM.

Aww look at look who's the background mic pointing to [[nothing against Mary)

Quote Originally Posted by IMissFlo93 View Post
    Aww look at look who's the background mic pointing to [[nothing against Mary)
    I didn't notice that about the mic. I went back to the original broadcast, and while it appears the mic seems to be pointing one way more than the other, on the actual broadcast, it's not quite as apparent to me...could be the camera angle. Good catch.

Also, I noticed that while Mary might be wearing the same wig, it appears to be styled a little differently than it was on the actually broadcast.

I just love all of their expressions...so classy.