[REMOVE ADS]

Remember This Famous Photo?

I certainly do. A lot of us saw this happen live on TV that day [[although I was just a small kid and id not really understand what was happening). Well the guy in the light colored suit died today:

Name:  James R. Leavelle, Detective at Lee Harvey Oswald’s Side.jpg
Views: 1711
Size:  40.6 KB

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/nati...558752581.html

Yep,i read about it this morning..can you imagine having to answer questions about that scene every day?

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Yep,i read about it this morning..can you imagine having to answer questions about that scene every day?
    and for over 50 years? Wow! I was even amazed that he was still alive.

So interesting. The article mentions that his suit and hat are on display at the museum at the location in Dealey Plaza. I've been there and at the Texas Book Depository you can actually view - close up - Oswald's exact vantage point. In fact, they have what looks like a lunch bag and the rifle - as Oswald was eating his lunch while waiting. It's a very chilling and moving exhibit. Anyone who visits Dallas should see it. It's utterly fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    So interesting. The article mentions that his suit and hat are on display at the museum at the location in Dealey Plaza. I've been there and at the Texas Book Depository you can actually view - close up - Oswald's exact vantage point. In fact, they have what looks like a lunch bag and the rifle - as Oswald was eating his lunch while waiting. It's a very chilling and moving exhibit. Anyone who visits Dallas should see it. It's utterly fascinating.
    That is interesting Kenneth. I've only been to Texas once [[Austin), and have always wanted to visit the scene of the assassination. It sounds like they've stuck to the premise that Lee Harvey Oswald was the lone gunman in the set up of the museum there.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    That is interesting Kenneth. I've only been to Texas once [[Austin), and have always wanted to visit the scene of the assassination. It sounds like they've stuck to the premise that Lee Harvey Oswald was the lone gunman in the set up of the museum there.
    Well it was almost 30 years ago that I was there, so I don’t really remember but I think that might’ve been even before the movie JFK came out where people really started talking about those alternate theories. I imagine if you see it now they might make a nod towards the alternate theories of how Kennedy was assassinated.

But then again I’m not so sure. At the Reagan library, they barely mention the Iran Contra affair, and at the Nixon library they barely mention Watergate!

You know this post and that subject reminds me of when the man in California died who’s vehicle had struck James Dean’s and killed him back in the 1950s. At the time people kind of blamed that man because he pulled out from a side road and I think got broadsided by Dean who was in a sports car, but they always said it wasn’t that man’s fault because Dean was driving so fast. But in his obituary it said that his whole life he never would even give one interview about what had happened because after that he was essentially a marked man, so to speak.

I guess the outcomes were different though. In the case of the law enforcement officer, he didn’t seem to let that notoriety affect him in life. But the California man, who I think was a farmer, that chance encounter and tragedy affected the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Well it was almost 30 years ago that I was there, so I don’t really remember but I think that might’ve been even before the movie JFK came out where people really started talking about those alternate theories. I imagine if you see it now they might make a nod towards the alternate theories of how Kennedy was assassinated.

But then again I’m not so sure. At the Reagan library, they barely mention the Iran Contra affair, and at the Nixon library they barely mention Watergate!

You know this post and that subject reminds me of when the man in California died who’s vehicle had struck James Dean’s and killed him back in the 1950s. At the time people kind of blamed that man because he pulled out from a side road and I think got broadsided by Dean who was in a sports car, but they always said it wasn’t that man’s fault because Dean was driving so fast. But in his obituary it said that his whole life he never would even give one interview about what had happened because after that he was essentially a marked man, so to speak.

I guess the outcomes were different though. In the case of the law enforcement officer, he didn’t seem to let that notoriety affect him in life. But the California man, who I think was a farmer, that chance encounter and tragedy affected the rest of his life.
    What's too painful to remember, we choose to forget I guess.

A[mob]hit on national tv.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    A[mob]hit on national tv.
    Exactly!!!!!