[REMOVE ADS]

Most obscure DMF single/track of all time?

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...le-of-all-time

If you read this thread, it makes great discussion.

But now, it's the girls' turn!

What is the most obscure track from the original Supremes lineup?

Rules are stated in the linked thread.

Quote Originally Posted by IMissFlo93 View Post
    https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...le-of-all-time

If you read this thread, it makes great discussion.

But now, it's the girls' turn!

What is the most obscure track from the original Supremes lineup?

Rules are stated in the linked thread.
    The link specifies a single release and if that is the direction we are going, I can only think of one that hasn’t appeared on ANY complications:

Diana Ross & The Supremes’ Medley Of Hits b/w Where Did We Go Wrong [[I believe this is the B side)

interesting! i'll throw out a few on the Sup inventory of songs

The Scherrie lead for High Energy - the only thing to be released are a couple ad lib lead lines in an alt HE inclusion on LYG set

I'll Wait a lifetime - i think this is the title of the 3rd Stevie song MJL recorded

Syreeta version of Up The Ladder

the unedited version of Up The Ladder

some other things include:

The unedited stereo original vocals and original mix of You Can't Hurry Love. This was released in the US only on the original reel to reel release of A Go Go. it might have also been released on the Japanese greatest hits lp

Chim Chim Cher-ee & Zipadeedoodah & Spoonful of sugar - these 3 songs were completed for the Disney set and have never been OFFICIALLY released. booklets are around though

video of Farewell - i know you asked about songs but i'm gonna break the rules lolol. we know they filmed Farewell as we've seen a couple quick shots. but the overall is totally MIA

Mas Que Nada, Lovelight, Mrs Robinson w/ Cindy solo - these are two outtakes from TCB still to be released

Those Broadway songs - this is the full medley DMC sing from which they used the two Porgy & Bess songs on the special

Jean unreleased songs - Remote control, mind body & soul, steppin on a dream

How about "Silent Night" by Florence Ballard? Unless it was expanded on MERRY CHRISTMAS, I only recall hearing about a one minute acapella snippet.

The rules are it had to have been released and pertains to the original Supremes line up. I don't think think such a song exists!

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    How about "Silent Night" by Florence Ballard? Unless it was expanded on MERRY CHRISTMAS, I only recall hearing about a one minute acapella snippet.
    it's not rare and yes it's on the expanded editon

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    The rules are it had to have been released and pertains to the original Supremes line up. I don't think think such a song exists!
    I’m with you. The only single featuring the original Supremes that has never been included on a CD, to my knowledge, is the hits medley edit. All I Know About You was the only release to not be included on an LP, but has been on multiple CD collections...

Detroit Is Happening - Willie Horton & The Supremes.
    Though some sources say "The Supremes" are Mary & Flo, others The Andantes!
    https://youtu.be/q_OCgoimVYc

or

Mother You, Smother You - Christine Schumacher & The Supremes
    https://youtu.be/_3LbnvWrM_Q
    Last edited by markdtiller; 09-03-2019 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    well i like to break rules lolol

but in interest of follow the title of the thread, i think the most rare DMF stuff would be:

the christine schumacher recording

the unedited You Can't Hurry Love recording which has never been released on cd or EE. I know it was on the US reel-to-reel release of A Go Go and perhaps the Japan Greatest Hits compilation. but that's it. It's a different version from the one on L&F. it's the has the missing instrumental/background break prior to verse 2 like L&F but it uses the originally released lead vocal. L&F uses an unreleased vocal

the remaining disney tracks - though not 100% sure of recording dates. some disney was DMF and some was DMC.

as for the "hits" medley - which medley are people referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    well i like to break rules lolol

but in interest of follow the title of the thread, i think the most rare DMF stuff would be:

the christine schumacher recording

the unedited You Can't Hurry Love recording which has never been released on cd or EE. I know it was on the US reel-to-reel release of A Go Go and perhaps the Japan Greatest Hits compilation. but that's it. It's a different version from the one on L&F. it's the has the missing instrumental/background break prior to verse 2 like L&F but it uses the originally released lead vocal. L&F uses an unreleased vocal

the remaining disney tracks - though not 100% sure of recording dates. some disney was DMF and some was DMC.

as for the "hits" medley - which medley are people referring to?
    It's the medley that led the Superstar Series, Vol. 1 compilation which famously pictured all 8 Supremes on its cover.

"Mother You, Smother You" with Christine was included on the "With Love From Us to You" cd.

frankly then i'd question the medley. that wasn't RECORDED by the supremes. it's not like when they recorded the medley for Where The Action Is. It originated as a disco medley done by some djs in San Fran and as it started making the rounds of clubs and generating interest, motown decided to jump on it and do an official version. it's just remixing and mashing 6 of their songs. and it was released at a point in time when there was no officially signed group of "Supremes" on the motown label. so i don't really consider it an "official" single by the group

now that said, it was released as a 12" single in the US and then also released on the EE of diana 80. you can also download in itunes. so frankly i don't find it especially rare