[REMOVE ADS]

Detroit Free Press Review of Hitsville PreScreening

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    CORRECTION: This article was from the Detroit News of which Susan Whitall is a contributor. The heading is misleading it was not in the Detroit Free
    Press. They are two entirely different operations. I didn't make the error but I don't know how it can be fixed. Just wanted to correct the record.

Nice so much of the alumni care enough and are able to participate. I hope some gathered for a meal together as well, shared old times.

Paul Riser looks great!!

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    CORRECTION: This article was from the Detroit News of which Susan Whitall is a contributor. The heading is misleading it was not in the Detroit Free
    Press. They are two entirely different operations. I didn't make the error but I don't know how it can be fixed. Just wanted to correct the record.
    The Detroit News and The Detroit Free Press are two separate, two different newspapers. How can anyone make that kind of mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Nice so much of the alumni care enough and are able to participate. I hope some gathered for a meal together as well, shared old times.

Paul Riser looks great!!
    If you want to talk about alumni, you should have been around in the late 80s, early 90s when Ian Levine came to Detroit! So very many former Motown artists were gathered together for several large events. Since then, so many have passed on.

Now that’s not going to open

Sorry about screwing up the papers

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    If you want to talk about alumni, you should have been around in the late 80s, early 90s when Ian Levine came to Detroit! So very many former Motown artists were gathered together for several large events. Since then, so many have passed on.
    I hear ya Marv! I can only imagine!
    God Bless Ian Levine and his love and appreciation for Motown and all he did towards that end.
    I bet he brought many of the alumni much added joy by his works.

I never knew that Paul Riser was just 18 when he did the strings for "My Girl." Talk about TALENT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    I hear ya Marv! I can only imagine!
    God Bless Ian Levine and his love and appreciation for Motown and all he did towards that end.
    I bet he brought many of the alumni much added joy by his works.
    Oh Boogie he had found everyone from Hattie Littles to Marv Johnson! Off the top of my head these are some of the artists I had the opportunity back then:

The Monitors
    The Velvelettes
    Marv Johnson
    Hattie Littles
    Frankie Gaye
    Wanda Rogers
    The Elgins
    Kim Weston
    Frantic Ernie Durham
    Jean/Lynda/Scherrie
    The Valadiers
    Choker Campbell
    Carolyn Crawford
    Robert Bateman
    Bobby Rogers

Those are just the ones I can think of at the moment that came together thru Ian Levine [[who I also met and got to talk with) that I had not met or known before Ian.