[REMOVE ADS]

hipo releases update

got this from motown treasures
    harry's given this info out on 4 releases
    marvelettes albums vol 2.....................end of year
    supremes final years...........................late may
    tcms vol12........................................wish he had an answer!
    mary wells complete albums..................hold that thought!
    dont know if it helps much,but at least 2 look like making it!

Hip-O released a digital download only album by Teena Marie on March 1st featuring 12 tracks she recorded before "Wild and Peaceful". Most have never been made available before. It's on iTunes, Amazon and various other channels.

http://www.amazon.com/First-Class-Lo.../dp/B004P5SXX2

At this point, I'll be happy with whatever we get. It seems like the Motown releases have pretty much stopped completely.

Thanks for passing it on Tamla.

There are so many other companies releasing Motown product these days, Hip-O has to find things to do to keep itself busy.

Kam, I'm sure that you are aware that 3rd party Motown releases are all approved by UMe and are usually ones that have a niche market. Hip-O has lots of projects to keep itself busy.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    Kam, I'm sure that you are aware that 3rd party Motown releases are all approved by UMe and are usually ones that have a niche market. Hip-O has lots of projects to keep itself busy.
    I know and because of these other companies issuing Motown product, I'm not missing or worried about Hip-O, at least not yet.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 03-04-2011 at 05:16 AM.

Yup, always good to have more than once source for Motown

From today's MusicTap:

Hip-O Select will release Let Yourself Go: The ’70s Albums, Vol 2, 1974-1977: The Final Session featuring The Supremes [[CD/DD) on May 17.

The release I am waiting for is Marvelettes Vol 2, mainly for the unreleased tracks, and I was hoping that was sooner than the end of the year, Mary Wells Set looks interesting too, hopefully some unreleased tracks on this set as well, but not sure about 70's Supremes Vol 2, got most of the albums, and other tracks on various compilations, there might have to be some very good unreleased material on this set to get me to part with some hard earned cash for this set.

Quote Originally Posted by pj1 View Post
    From today's MusicTap:

Hip-O Select will release Let Yourself Go: The ’70s Albums, Vol 2, 1974-1977: The Final Session featuring The Supremes [[CD/DD) on May 17.
    Good, maybe now some people will stop whining: "where is it?"
    Last edited by Motown_M_1056; 03-04-2011 at 02:11 PM.

I wonder if the victim syndrome attracts whiners? 1056, you've made me ask this question.

It might be the old "them that's got shall get, them that's not shall lose"...............we are attracted to what we identify with. I know Scherrie and Lynda wouldn't want to be part of such thinking. I don't think even Mary would.