[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson Says Diana Ross Should Join Supremes Reunion for Their Fans!

Ok Diane. Are you listening? LOL!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...r-mary-wilson/

Hard pass. That boat sailed twenty years ago. Not to mention, Cindy is out of commission.

Quote Originally Posted by annettewainwright View Post
    Hard pass. That boat sailed twenty years ago. Not to mention, Cindy is out of commission.
    But Mary can't give an interview without talking about Diana Ross; that's a 50 year old established tradition - so it's not a surprise. If Wilson had wanted a real Supremes reunion she had her chance in the summer of 2000.

oh for fuck's sake

smh

YAWN. It aint gonna happen Mary. Reunite with Jean snd Lynda or jean and Sherrie or Sherrie and Susaye.

Miss Wilson blew off a Supremes reunion when she had the chance.. this statement is just to grab headlines.. can't she just concentrate on being Mary Wilson?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    Miss Wilson blew off a Supremes reunion when she had the chance.. this statement is just to grab headlines.. can't she just concentrate on being Mary Wilson?
    Maybe if the interviewers stopped asking.....she could ...

good or bad at 75 years old she’s still working and public interested and still getting book deals and DWTS.

It's not going to happen. Diana does not need or want it. She did try for Motown 25 and RTL and it turned negative. She tries to stay away from negativity. The fans are over it and know that it can never be.

And reading there were so many things wrong with the contents of the link above.

" Diana Ross should join Supremes reunion for their fans, says lead singer Mary Wilson "

And in pictures, it lists Cindy as Flo in one, and in another picture lists Cindy as Mary and Mary as Cindy.

" Mary is now ready to re-form The Supremes with Diana and CINDY BIRDSONG. "

Really ??

" After confirming talks about a Supremes tour have taken place, Mary confirmed she would take part as long as her old school friend Diana – who she refers to as Diane – is equally committed. "

It says that Mary confirmed that talks for a Supremes tour have taken place. With who? Does Diana know of these talks? Does Cindy's family know?

This Supremes fan would have traveled anywhere in the world to see a Supremes reunion. But I know that today, that is impossible. I am over it and will always have the group in my memories.

Why is this brought up in every interview with Mary? When it is brought up, Mary should shut it down.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    It's not going to happen. Diana does not need or want it. She did try for Motown 25 and RTL and it turned negative. She tries to stay away from negativity. The fans are over it and know that it can never be.

And reading there were so many things wrong with the contents of the link above.

" Diana Ross should join Supremes reunion for their fans, says lead singer Mary Wilson "

And in pictures, it lists Cindy as Flo in one, and in another picture lists Cindy as Mary and Mary as Cindy.

Really ??

" After confirming talks about a Supremes tour have taken place, Mary confirmed she would take part as long as her old school friend Diana – who she refers to as Diane – is equally committed. "

It says that Mary confirmed that talks for a Supremes tour have taken place. With who? Does Diana know of these talks? Does Cindy's family know?

This Supremes fan would have traveled anywhere in the world to see a Supremes reunion. But I know that today, that is impossible. I am over it and will always have the group in my memories.

Why is this brought up in every interview with Mary? When it is brought up, Mary should shut it down.
    Unless things have changed dramatically since her last run in Vegas this spring, DianA hasn't been in touch with any of the Supremes. That joke about Mary possibly being in the audience should have sent a clear message. OUR dream of seeing the girls together has been dead in the water for decades.

It's by Dan Wootton who would sell his own mother for 30 pieces of gold and it's in The Sun. I need say no more!

I don't know Diana that well but, what I do know is Diana is not going back on that stage with Mary. Since we have the internet everything is recorded and Motown 25 and RTL is pretty much history. Diana and Mary aired too much to the public and I prefer each lady as solo artists. I think that is the only way to keep the legacy alive. It took Diana a "minute" to get everything back into perspective with her career and I doubt seriously at 75 if she will decide to do things differently.

Without Cindy, there is no Supremes reunion. Period. Wilson needs to close her trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    Without Cindy, there is no Supremes reunion. Period. Wilson needs to close her trap.
    You should have told Diane that in 2000. It would have saved her a lot of heartache, money, embarrassment and stints in rehab over it.............

There is no true Supremes reunion without Flo. Any idea of a reunion vanished in 1976.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    You should have told Diane that in 2000. It would have saved her a lot of heartache, money, embarrassment and stints in rehab over it.............
    Or your stints in Weight Watchers and gay conversion therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    There is no true Supremes reunion without Flo. Any idea of a reunion vanished in 1976.
    Now I can agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    I bet Mary, Scherrie and Diana could pull off some semblance of a Supremes Reunion. At least they'll all be from Detroit. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by annettewainwright View Post
    Or your stints in Weight Watchers and gay conversion therapy.
    Oh that’s brutal

With respect to the raising of the reunion topic, I will stick with “ oh for fuck sake “

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Oh that’s brutal

With respect to the raising of the reunion topic, I will stick with “ oh for fuck sake “
    We are in touch with several who have advised [[since Ralph won’t do anything) to erase Marv’s digital footprint due to excessive toxicity. Many are old time Motown stars - tired of his BS!

Marv was her drunk driving arrest after RTL. The one where she was filmed stoned drunk at some video or convenience store.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Marv was her drunk driving arrest after RTL. The one where she was filmed stoned drunk at some video or convenience store.
    And this is relevant, how?

You are so cruel and real bitchy and catty Missy.

Here we go again......
    Why can they not let sleeping dogs lie? This "reunion" will NEVER take place. Mary is just trying to drum up publicity for her book, and what better way to do that than drag up this old story yet again. Diana will never share a stage again with that woman. Get over it Mary.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    I don't know Diana that well but, what I do know is Diana is not going back on that stage with Mary. Since we have the internet everything is recorded and Motown 25 and RTL is pretty much history. Diana and Mary aired too much to the public and I prefer each lady as solo artists. I think that is the only way to keep the legacy alive. It took Diana a "minute" to get everything back into perspective with her career and I doubt seriously at 75 if she will decide to do things differently.
    This reply is everything.

I said it loud and clear then and now ..... without both Cindy and Mary, there is no Supremes reunion. I did not attend RTL, and since Cindy is ill, a reunion is impossible.

Also, Diana would not go near a professional gig with Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    oh for fuck's sake

smh
    My sentiments exactly.

Really ??

Soooo...nobody else reads this and thinks that it sounds like made up nonsense? I'm officially placing this in the section titled "Imaginary News" because clearly this is a figment of some dickhead's imagination. Not even Mary would stoop to making this up, especially in light of what is "known" about Cindy. And it's The Sun, tabloid trash?

Marv you're always running through the forum yelling about your sources told you this and that, but then you post this obviously made up crap that makes Mary look bad courtesy of a tabloid magazine. Stop it.

I hardly doubt Diana's substance abuse issues had anything to do with Mary Wilson. Just like I doubt that Mary's substance abuse issues had anything to do with Diana Ross. These ladies have lives outside of the music business.

I bet Mary, Scherrie and Diana could pull off some semblance of a Supremes Reunion. At least they'll all be from Detroit. LOL!
    While I'll probably always have a wish in my heart that Diana and Mary will take the stage together again, I doubt it will happen. However, if any type of Supremes "reunion" were ever organized [[be it a tour or a one time event), I could get behind Scherrie joining the other two. And especially if they came together for something in Detroit. Three homegirls. Oh yeah, I'm with that.

As other posts have already said, It Ain't Gonna Happen. That photo of Diana & Mary together from a few months ago is enough of a reunion for me [[and it's as close as we're likely to get).
    Last edited by Motown Eddie; 08-24-2019 at 12:56 PM.

Yeah, like two years later. It was a real shitty move. I have no respect for people who put others lives in danger like that. But she paid her debt, didn't kill or hurt anyone, and of course whenever Diana Ross is talked about, rarely is this incident brought up, since it's seen as such a small part of such a giant, illustrious career and life. The lady is still winning.

Doubt this will happen now unless Diana decides she is retiring and wants a final big gig out.but I bet my money no.
    To bad I never saw them perform together as a group.it would have been nice. As stated Cindy can't do it.

I read a post on Facebook that a fan ask Diana Ross st the Borgata in Atlantic City about a Supremes reunion and she said NO and added that Cindy isn’t well enough. When the fan asked what was wrong with Cindy, Diana responded that it was personal and she wasnt gonna talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Yeah, like two years later. It was a real shitty move. I have no respect for people who put others lives in danger like that. But she paid her debt, didn't kill or hurt anyone, and of course whenever Diana Ross is talked about, rarely is this incident brought up, since it's seen as such a small part of such a giant, illustrious career and life. The lady is still winning.
    And it was real shitty of him/her to post it. Especially when they knew about it and pretended to ask a question like they wasnt sure. Please!!!!!
    As you say she paid her price and thank the good Lord she didnt kill her self or worse somebody else. Diana Ross has been clean and sober for 17 years so God bless her fir that. Alcohol and drug addiction is a real tragic thing and shouldnt be a source of gossip or mocking. My sisters been to hell and back with her oldest son and he cant stay clean and sober for more than a few months. Its real painful and its a disease not to be the source of bitchy and cruel jabs or comments imo.

Yes that was after RTL collapsed and was cancelled. Couldn't she get a friend or someone to drop the rented video off for her?
    Last edited by marv2; 08-24-2019 at 01:25 PM.

Yes that was after RTL collapsed and was cancelled. Couldn't she get a friend or someone to dropped the rented video off for her?
    You just cant help yourself can you. Your the opposite of what our former First Lady talks about. When folks go low you go lower.

Can someone help me with a drop the mic emoji ? Diana is not going on any stage with Wilson as a Supreme ever again. If I was a reporter I would ask that question. No hate just not doing it again. There comes a point in your life that certain individuals are in your life for just a short season. In the words of Wilson ...."Got to Move On" and in the words of Ross...." Remember me as a Good Thing." Bye Baby.................

Can someone help me with a drop the mic emoji ? Diana is not going on any stage with Wilson as a Supreme ever again. ..." Remember me as a Good Thing." Bye Baby.................

Thanks, that just about says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    And it was real shitty of him/her to post it. Especially when they knew about it and pretended to ask a question like they wasnt sure. Please!!!!!
    As you say she paid her price and thank the good Lord she didnt kill her self or worse somebody else. Diana Ross has been clean and sober for 17 years so God bless her fir that. Alcohol and drug addiction is a real tragic thing and shouldnt be a source of gossip or mocking. My sisters been to hell and back with her oldest son and he cant stay clean and sober for more than a few months. Its real painful and its a disease not to be the source of bitchy and cruel jabs or comments imo.
    Not only shitty but ban-worthy.

Can someone help me with a drop the mic emoji ? Diana is not going on any stage with Wilson as a Supreme ever again. If I was a reporter I would ask that question. No hate just not doing it again. There comes a point in your life that certain individuals are in your life for just a short season. In the words of Wilson ...."Got to Move On" and in the words of Ross...." Remember me as a Good Thing." Bye Baby.................
    Dictionary example of irony: Wilson recording a song entitled 'Got To Move On'. Insert President Obama's mic drop emoji here.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    I read a post on Facebook that a fan ask Diana Ross st the Borgata in Atlantic City about a Supremes reunion and she said NO and added that Cindy isn’t well enough. When the fan asked what was wrong with Cindy, Diana responded that it was personal and she wasnt gonna talk about it.
    That’s called “class”. This is also something many people still have yet to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    That’s called “class”. This is also something many people still have yet to learn.
    It sure is. Pure class.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Not only shitty but ban-worthy.
    Oh that pos slips in and out here and posts the same thing about the Ren center in Detroit and the hundreds of times Dr. Martha Reeves chatted with him/her. If only Dr. Reeves knew the bile it posts in her about one of her former Motown pals.

Every time Mary says anything nice about Diana or says a simple "that would be nice" about a reunion that will never happen, they make it an article and then fans here turn into bickering old ladies...

Besides:
    Mary is enjoying her solo career.
    Diana is continuing her career.
    Cindy is dealing with health and financial issues.
    The FLOs [[Scherrie and Susaye) are touring all over the world.
    Lynda Laurence is still performing.
    Jean Terrell is retired.

Celebrate the surviving Supremes continuing that group's legacy!

Please!

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Soooo...nobody else reads this and thinks that it sounds like made up nonsense? I'm officially placing this in the section titled "Imaginary News" because clearly this is a figment of some dickhead's imagination. Not even Mary would stoop to making this up, especially in light of what is "known" about Cindy. And it's The Sun, tabloid trash?

Marv you're always running through the forum yelling about your sources told you this and that, but then you post this obviously made up crap that makes Mary look bad courtesy of a tabloid magazine. Stop it.
    Exactly. Mary never said this. That's why I hate tabloids.