[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    What about the possibility that in that picture of Diana, Mary and Flo with the "different" wigs on that they were in wig shop trying on different styles? Clearly, Mary is trying on a wig [[she's holding a hand mirror and looking doubtful), Diane's trying to adjust it and convince Mary it looks good on her, and Florence is laughing--probably because Mary is clearly convinced that is NOT the wig for her. Seriously, though... I don't think Diana is "wearing Flo's wig"--when have we seen any other pictures of Florence wearing that color wig in that style? I vote for that pic being from a wig shop visit or the wig department in a department store [[Saks Fifth Avenue in Detroit?).

I think you are right on all points danman. In fact, the more I think about it, those photos may have accompanied a story titled "Shopping with The Supremes". Can't be sure, but it sounds familiar. LOL.

More clippings.

Attachment 2723

Sidney, Cindy and Diana

Attachment 2726

Shindig!!!!!!!!!

Attachment 2727

Hollywood Palace rehearsal

Attachment 2728

More clippings. Not sure what this one is from.

Attachment 2729

Wonderful photos and clippings sophisticated_soul. Thank you for sharing them.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by danman869 View Post
    What about the possibility that in that picture of Diana, Mary and Flo with the "different" wigs on that they were in wig shop trying on different styles? Clearly, Mary is trying on a wig [[she's holding a hand mirror and looking doubtful), Diane's trying to adjust it and convince Mary it looks good on her, and Florence is laughing--probably because Mary is clearly convinced that is NOT the wig for her. Seriously, though... I don't think Diana is "wearing Flo's wig"--when have we seen any other pictures of Florence wearing that color wig in that style? I vote for that pic being from a wig shop visit or the wig department in a department store [[Saks Fifth Avenue in Detroit?).
    Sounds plausible. I think this photo was in the LOOK magazine profile on the Supremes from 1966.

Roberta - Glad that you have been enjoying the pics. Thanks again.

Reese - LOOK, that sounds familiar too. I wish I had done less clipping and more saving of the magazines, but after awhile I just didn't have room for all those magazines! lol.

Yes, that photo in question was from the LOOK magazine profile on The Supremes from 1966. :-)

The picture in post #95 of this thread is one of my favorites of The Girls. It occurred to me recently that the photo may have served as the inspiration for the artist of the "Greatest Hits" album portraits.

Part One:
    Attachment 2799

Part Two. . . . . . .

Attachment 2801

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    More clippings. I thought they were from Soul magazine but I think they predate Soul.

Attachment 2684
    Thanks for sharing all these great photos, Sophie. I really liked Flo's "look" that she had going on during her final months with The Supremes. But you can tell she really wasn't happy. Her smile even looks forced in this photo.

Thank you my young friend, I'm glad you enjoyed these photos and clippings. Of course they don't compare to what I've seen you put together on your website, but I thought folks might enjoy some of the less seen photos as well. I'm very happy they have. Btw I tried to access your website today and I couldn't. Are you down for repairs or updating?

No, I unfortunately made the decision to discontinue my website. I haven't had any time. I would like to create another someday in the future. Maybe a website with only Supremes photos. I've saved literally thousands over the years from the internet.
    Last edited by carlo; 04-06-2011 at 07:27 PM.

Thanks for inquiring about my site, Sophie. You made me smile. It makes me happy that people still remember it.

Wow Carlo, I didn't know about that. That is entirely bogus and I'm really sorry to hear that is what happened. And you're right, you should have been treated with more respect after everything you've done for The Supremes legacy. There are Supremes fans my age who don't have the knowledge and passion for The Girls that you do. I admire that about you. Next time Universal needs help tell them to stick it! I know that's not your nature, you seem to be a very forgiving person. But I'm getting old and cantankerous and when folks mess with my friends I can get really cantankerous!!! LOL!!
    Last edited by sophisticated_soul; 04-06-2011 at 10:23 PM. Reason: :-)

Thank you Joseph. For those who are wondering, I went on one of my bitter rants again regarding the legal letter I got from Universal in response to my Supremes website. I edited my post above, deciding it was better not to get into it again and I should just let it go. lol. Thanks for your kind words, Joseph. You're a great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Thanks for inquiring about my site, Sophie. You made me smile. It makes me happy that people still remember it.
    Your welcome friend. Man I only got to see the website a few times. Dang! Glad you're smiling now though.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Thank you Joseph. For those who are wondering, I went on one of my bitter rants again regarding the legal letter I got from Universal in response to my Supremes website. I edited my post above, deciding it was better not to get into it again and I should just let it go. lol. Thanks for your kind words, Joseph. You're a great friend.
    I agree it's best to let these things go. But some folk [[like me) wouldn't have understood why your site wasn't there anymore. I can understand that there were a number of reasons, so I am glad you said something. You are a class act my friend.
    Last edited by sophisticated_soul; 04-06-2011 at 10:32 PM.

Carlo you had a nice site I didnt know that happened to you. Man these rich people who could care less about us dont even let us fans have a little joy.

Yes Carlo you had a very good site, sorry it's no longer up. Are you still doing Mary's site, I notice that it's stays pretty current now.

Awww shucks Thank you guys. That really means a lot to me.

Yes, rod_rick.
    Last edited by carlo; 04-07-2011 at 12:32 AM.