[REMOVE ADS]

Ms Mary Wilson on Dancing With the Stars??

My partner and I were discussing this evening that the cast for the latest season of Dancing With the Stars is going to be announced tomorrow morning on GMA. I said it would be amazing if Ms Mary Wilson was a contestant this year. He went onto Dancing With the Stars' Instagram account and found this. Could it be our Mary?!!

Name:  Screenshot_20190820-184721_Instagram.jpg
Views: 772
Size:  88.9 KB

That looks like her. Chin, wig, and all. She most likely saw how successful Gladys was on that singing show last year and now is trying to get some of that exposure.

Several years ago I remember MaryBrewster tried to convince her to go on that show.

Yes, Mary Brewster had started a Facebook campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by annettewainwright View Post
    This is Phylicia Rashad. The general public isn’t familiar with Mary Wilson.
    I'm pretty confident that's Ms Wilson. I guess we shall see tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I'm pretty confident that's Ms Wilson. I guess we shall see tomorrow...
    You can tell by Marys ring and dress and beautiful ellongated chin.

if Florence was alive today I'd be smooth-dancing the fox trot with her and going wild, while doing disco on a disco throwback tune theme, and much more on that show and getting perfect scores and winning.
    Last edited by IMissFlo93; 08-20-2019 at 08:41 PM.

Very strange - a D list celebrity who the vast majority of the living audience doesn’t know would be an odd choice. For ratings sake, I hope it’s not her.
    Have you watched DWTS? The last few seasons have been filled with Instagram stars and reality stars. Mary Wilson and The Supremes are more well known than those Instagram stars and reality stars. And sorry to say, I highly doubt it would be Phylicia Rashad...I feel sorry for her because her legacy is now tainted. They won't be putting her on this kind of show anytime soon.

Have you watched DWTS? The last few seasons have been filled with Instagram stars and reality stars. Mary Wilson and The Supremes are more well known than those Instagram stars and reality stars. And sorry to say, I highly doubt it would be Phylicia Rashad...I feel sorry for her because her legacy is now tainted. They won't be putting her on this kind of show anytime soon.
    How come Miss Rashads legacys tainted Carlo?

Fondly,

Roberta

It certainly looks like Mary Wilson of the Supremes to me. If they are announcing it on GMA on Wednesday, will they do a remote from the UK where she is promoting her book Supreme Glamour? Mary Wilson was always great with the Supremes' choreography. It would be nice to see some of her Motown friends in the audience to support her-like Gladys Knight, Martha Reeves,Otis Williams, Duke Fakir,Scherrie Payne, Susaye Greene and Thelma Houston among others. We shall see. If it is the case with her book and the show and her touring, she will be even busier than usual. Great news, hopefully!

we're waiting.....we're waiting......

It is Mary Wilson announced at 8:37

I tuned in a little late and thought that all the stars had been announced. Did not see Mary and did not recognize any of the "stars", although I think that one of them was Trump's first press secretary. Then they announced one more person by satellite and it was Mary. But as they were talking to her, they put up a picture of Diana side by side and then the Supremes.

Yep, it was Sean Spencer, Donald's first fired Press Secretary. Only recognized him and Mary. Not familiar with the other "stars". Good luck to Mary. I am not a fan of this show but will catch Mary's performance through YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    I tuned in a little late and thought that all the stars had been announced. Did not see Mary and did not recognize any of the "stars", although I think that one of them was Trump's first press secretary. Then they announced one more person by satellite and it was Mary. But as they were talking to her, they put up a picture of Diana side by side and then the Supremes.
    Thanks for the review, Milven. I PVR'd it, so I will have to watch it when I get home. It is my understanding that Ms Wilson is currently in the UK, on her book tour.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Yep, it was Sean Spencer, Donald's first fired Press Secretary. Only recognized him and Mary. Not familiar with the other "stars". Good luck to Mary. I am not a fan of this show but will catch Mary's performance through YouTube
    Mea culpa. If this helps get Mary’s book some exposure, that’s always a good thing. It’s Sean “Spicer” [[vomit - another sycophant). You’ve never heard of Christie Brinkley?

Mea culpa. If this helps get Mary’s book some exposure, that’s always a good thing. It’s Sean “Spicer” [[vomit - another sycophant). You’ve never heard of Christie Brinkley?
    Thanks for the correction. I did not tune in in time to hear all the introductions and did not recognize anyone except Donald's Press Secratary. But I was just on line and saw the iist and realized that Christie Brinkley was one of the contestants. Yes, I do know her.
    I tuned in just in time for Mary to be introduced.

Mary Wilson was announced separately and last, as a special addition to the cast.

I tuned out just before Sean Spicer said "This cast will give Dancing With The Stars the biggest audience......PERIOD !!! "

Good for Mary! I think she was the best dancer the Supremes had, so if she hasn't lost her sense of movement, she should go far. I rarely watch the show but now I'll have to tune in as long as Mary is there. She is such an inspiration. She's 75 right? You can't tell it by how active she is. Definitely a testament to life not ending at 30 or 40 or 50, etc. All these years later and Mary is still having a party. Whatever criticisms I may have of her, I have to give props when due. Hopefully she can turn this opportunity into something more.

Thanks for the review, Milven. I PVR'd it, so I will have to watch it when I get home. It is my understanding that Ms Wilson is currently in the UK, on her book tour.
    Yes she has been in the UK promoting her book for the past few days and is due to leave over the weekend. Not sure if she is visiting any other European countries whilst she is here but she is booked into her hotel for the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Good for Mary! I think she was the best dancer the Supremes had, so if she hasn't lost her sense of movement, she should go far. I rarely watch the show but now I'll have to tune in as long as Mary is there. She is such an inspiration. She's 75 right? You can't tell it by how active she is. Definitely a testament to life not ending at 30 or 40 or 50, etc. All these years later and Mary is still having a party. Whatever criticisms I may have of her, I have to give props when due. Hopefully she can turn this opportunity into something more.
    I agree with you. I am no fan of her singing and i question some of her previous decisions, but i wish her the best of luck with this latest venture. She should gain some much needed national exposure which will hopefully help to shift copies of her book. I hope she does well on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I agree with you. I am no fan of her singing and i question some of her previous decisions, but i wish her the best of luck with this latest venture. She should gain some much needed national exposure which will hopefully help to shift copies of her book. I hope she does well on the show.
    Yes im with you and RanRan79. I love Mary cause she was a supreme but thinks shes can be real manipulative and stretch the truth a lot. That said I wish her the best for this show and I hope she wins. This show will bring her better gigs and real good exposure so Im happy for Mary. I dont watch the show but im gonna tune in for Miss Wilson.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

There we have it! Ms. Mary Wilson will be appearing on "Dancing With the Stars"! I've said that Mary is going to be on television a LOT this Fall:

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...tars-2019-cast

Quote Originally Posted by jim aka jtigre99 View Post
    It certainly looks like Mary Wilson of the Supremes to me. If they are announcing it on GMA on Wednesday, will they do a remote from the UK where she is promoting her book Supreme Glamour? Mary Wilson was always great with the Supremes' choreography. It would be nice to see some of her Motown friends in the audience to support her-like Gladys Knight, Martha Reeves,Otis Williams, Duke Fakir,Scherrie Payne, Susaye Greene and Thelma Houston among others. We shall see. If it is the case with her book and the show and her touring, she will be even busier than usual. Great news, hopefully!
    It is indeed OUR Mary Wilson!!!

And right you are! England, Apollo, Dancing with a the Stars, book, concerts etc etc!

This is BIG news! From the Detroit Free Press

https://www.freep.com/story/entertai...st/2066129001/

Mary's appearance on "Good Morning America" this morning!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Mary's appearance on "Good Morning America" this morning!

Mary deserves this. She is no longer the star in the background.

Another great thing about it is that a lot of the young kids will get to see her magic! She is going to be all over the media through the end of this year.

Another great thing about it is that a lot of the young kids will get to see her magic! She is going to be all over the media through the end of this year.
    LMAO. What kids? DWTS a real popular show but kids dont watch it. Kids watch The Bachelor and the Voice and Americas Got Talent and Blackish. You need to research before you post your fake facts.

The five most popular shows among adults ages 50 and over: Dancing With the Stars [[ABC, 13.8 million), followed by NCIS [[CBS, 13.6 million), Dancing With the Stars results show [[ABC, 12.2 million), NCIS: Los Angeles [[CBS, 11.6 million), and The Mentalist [[CBS, 10.3 million).

Each celebrity gets $150,000 to sign up, and $25,000 each time they survive another week.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    Each celebrity gets $150,000 to sign up, and $25,000 each time they survive another week.
    Thats real good money.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    LMAO. What kids? DWTS a real popular show but kids dont watch it. Kids watch The Bachelor and the Voice and Americas Got Talent and Blackish. You need to research before you post your fake facts.

The five most popular shows among adults ages 50 and over: Dancing With the Stars [[ABC, 13.8 million), followed by NCIS [[CBS, 13.6 million), Dancing With the Stars results show [[ABC, 12.2 million), NCIS: Los Angeles [[CBS, 11.6 million), and The Mentalist [[CBS, 10.3 million).
    I think some of the younger folx will tune in to see Ray Lewis and Lamar Odom. Other than that, yes, DWTS usually pulls the older CBS/Fox News crowd.

I can't believe my petition worked! Mary is on DTWS! LOL. Just kidding. Yes, I did have a FB page years ago with a suggestion that Mary be on the show, but I can't take any credit for this. Well, maybe 1%.

How exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I can't believe my petition worked! Mary is on DTWS! LOL. Just kidding. Yes, I did have a FB page years ago with a suggestion that Mary be on the show, but I can't take any credit for this. Well, maybe 1%.

How exciting!
    Take credit! I remember you were very gun-ho about it!

Great job Marybrewster!

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Great job Marybrewster!
    Now I wonder who she'll be paired up with. I wonder if Mr. Gordy and Smokey will be in the audience.

Now I wonder who she'll be paired up with. I wonder if Mr. Gordy and Smokey will be in the audience.
    Oh you going lightweight. I wonder if Diana and Barbara will be in the audience.

Oh you going lightweight. I wonder if Diana and Barbara will be in the audience.
    Aw.... If I said Diana, some of these guys would have immediately assumed I was picking. LOL! But Duke Fakir and Gladys had better be there! LOL! I am sure Freda Payne will be. Oh and maybe Otis Williams of the Temptations or a few of the Jacksons.

Aw.... If I said Diana, some of these guys would have immediately assumed I was picking. LOL! But Duke Fakir and Gladys had better be there! LOL! I am sure Freda Payne will be. Oh and maybe Otis Williams of the Temptations or a few of the Jacksons.
    I'm actually hoping Mary's family will be there. I can't remember the last time I saw Turkessa. I think she had just gotten married or had just had a baby. And last I heard about Pedro Jr. was his place had caught fire. Does he have a wife and kids too? Anyway, I'd like to see them show up for Mary. Mary's sister and brother too. Not sure what they're relationship is like, but I never hear her mention them at all. I think it would be cool to see the Wilsons come out show some public support for Mary.

I also wouldn't be surprised if one or more of Florence's girls are flown out to sit in the audience also.

I'm actually hoping Mary's family will be there. I can't remember the last time I saw Turkessa. I think she had just gotten married or had just had a baby. And last I heard about Pedro Jr. was his place had caught fire. Does he have a wife and kids too? Anyway, I'd like to see them show up for Mary. Mary's sister and brother too. Not sure what they're relationship is like, but I never hear her mention them at all. I think it would be cool to see the Wilsons come out show some public support for Mary.

I also wouldn't be surprised if one or more of Florence's girls are flown out to sit in the audience also.
    Family support is great! I have always wondered if Flo's girls could sing like their mother?

There was a time in the 70s when Turkessa was a baby that she was on TV probably more than any other kid her age! LOL! Mary and Pedro brought her on almost every show the Supremes appeared on. She had her first child in about 1996. I remember Mary had a radio show in NYC and broadcast the birth live from the delivery room out in Vegas! LOL! Pedro Jr. has several children, boys and girls. One of his daughters was chatting with me a few months ago online. Mary is close to her brother and sister. Her brother lives out in Seattle now. Now having Flo's daughters there would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Family support is great! I have always wondered if Flo's girls could sing like their mother?
    I don't know if any of the girls can sing, but her grandson is a pretty good rapper and has several videos on Youtube.

Marv has the day off, so here is our daily Mary update.

Mary Wilson appeared for the rehearsal in head-to-toe black and carried a yellow coat in one hand

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...rehearsal.html