[REMOVE ADS]

Sylvia Robinson Recordings

A neighbor just popped by with a few Sugarhill vinyls and I was wondering if anyone knew if there was some sort of "compilation" album on Ms. Robinson's recordings on her label.

Unsure; I am a proud owner of the original 'Pillow Talk' lp, though, and regret not buying it's follow-up.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Unsure; I am a proud owner of the original 'Pillow Talk' lp, though, and regret not buying it's follow-up.
    There was a Japanese import release of her multi-label recordings but it has since disappeared and is now quite pricey if found.

Quote Originally Posted by annettewainwright View Post
    A neighbor just popped by with a few Sugarhill vinyls and I was wondering if anyone knew if there was some sort of "compilation" album on Ms. Robinson's recordings on her label.
    Rhino had done a compilation for Sylvia, Pillow Talk: The Sensuous Sounds of Sylvia, back in 1996 [[20 tracks including "Pillow Talk" & "Sho 'Nuff Boogie [[with The Moments)".

Also, Deepbeats UK did a best of for Sylvia in 1997 with a different track listing [[including her 1982 hit, "It's Good To Be The Queen").

I have a[1976]lp on the[vibration]lable entitled[sylvia]not great but it's ok..not a hits compilation though.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Rhino had done a compilation for Sylvia, Pillow Talk: The Sensuous Sounds of Sylvia, back in 1996 [[20 tracks including "Pillow Talk" & "Sho 'Nuff Boogie [[with The Moments)".

This is the one I have. It has extensive liner-notes. I'd forgotten
    I had it. I'll have to give it a listen soon. Always liked Pillow Talk.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    This is the one I have. It has extensive liner-notes. I'd forgotten
    I had it. I'll have to give it a listen soon. Always liked Pillow Talk.
    I have this one too, but have not listened to it in many years. I loved Pillow Talk and recall saving up my pocket money to buy the 7" single back in the day.