[REMOVE ADS]

Uk tv documentary on DRATS this week

On sky arts channel Friday 23rd at 8pm

Oh great. I hope I will be able to pick it up over the internet. Thanks mwmr!

Quote Originally Posted by mwmr View Post
    On sky arts channel Friday 23rd at 8pm
    Don't get too excited. I have seen previous editions of this series and it is basically just lots of archive footage. I am sure it will be nice to watch but i doubt there will be anything new to see. The Aretha and Dusty editions were enjoyable, but did not contain anything i had not seen many times before. They only run for around 23 minutes excluding adverts and are aimed at the casual fan rather than the committed fan, but it should be very enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Don't get too excited. I have seen previous editions of this series and it is basically just lots of archive footage. I am sure it will be nice to watch but i doubt there will be anything new to see. The Aretha and Dusty editions were enjoyable, but did not contain anything i had not seen many times before. They only run for around 23 minutes excluding adverts and are aimed at the casual fan rather than the committed fan, but it should be very enjoyable.
    I'm actually glad that things are being aimed at the "casual fan" these days [[see: "Motown 60", new Showtime doc.). New audience members are always welcome and it's actually a breath of fresh air for those of us who don't want to get wrapped up in another thread about how Cal Street of the Velvelettes should have been at Motown 60.

Quote Originally Posted by annettewainwright View Post
    I'm actually glad that things are being aimed at the "casual fan" these days [[see: "Motown 60", new Showtime doc.). New audience members are always welcome and it's actually a breath of fresh air for those of us who don't want to get wrapped up in another thread about how Cal Street of the Velvelettes should have been at Motown 60.
    I suppose it is a good way to introduce potential new fans to the music.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I suppose it is a good way to introduce potential new fans to the music.
    Exactly Blue.