[REMOVE ADS]

Mary’s new book

Mary Wilson’s new coffee table book Supreme Glamour is a great book. Gorgeous photography of the classic gowns and anecdotes.
    she’s doing a book signing in London this week too so hopefully some more promotion.
    well done Mary

Mary Wilson is everywhere now a days. I know she will be doing lots of television in the Fall.

Quote Originally Posted by mwmr View Post
    Mary Wilson’s new coffee table book Supreme Glamour is a great book. Gorgeous photography of the classic gowns and anecdotes.
    she’s doing a book signing in London this week too so hopefully some more promotion.
    well done Mary
    I was browsing this in my local book shop yesterday. The photos look absolutely stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I was browsing this in my local book shop yesterday. The photos look absolutely stunning.
    Is it available in the states yet? Thames is UK based, no?

Quote Originally Posted by annettewainwright View Post
    Is it available in the states yet? Thames is UK based, no?
    I think it is due out in the States next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I think it is due out in the States next month.
    Thanks Blue!

Wilson's book has 2 5-star ratings on Amazon UK and currently sits at # 13,800 in their best-seller rankings.

I read that there are flaws with the accuracy of some of the data in the book and they are hoping to correct it in the next edition.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    I read that there are flaws with the accuracy of some of the data in the book and they are hoping to correct it in the next edition.
    Looking forward to it but Mark Bego’s involvement is likely the catalyst behind the errors. Always a mess!

I received my copy of the book yesterday. I haven't finished going through it but what I've seen so far has been great. I wasn't expecting to see so many photos that I had never seen before but there are many.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I received my copy of the book yesterday. I haven't finished going through it but what I've seen so far has been great. I wasn't expecting to see so many photos that I had never seen before but there are many.
    I noticed many lovely photos that i had never previously seen when i browsed the book a few days ago.

It's doing quite well here in the UK.
    Currently no.1 in fashioñ/photography and 490 overall in the Amazon book charts with the potential to go higher. It will surely do even better when it comes out in the States. Good for her.

Mary Wilson’s New Coffee Table Book ‘Supreme Glamour’ Available for Pre-Order

http://sandrarose.com/2019/08/mary-w...for-pre-order/

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-08-20/how-a-supremes-dress-ended-up-being-reunited-with-its-motown-owner-almost-60-years-later/

How a Supremes dress ended up being reunited with its Motown owner Mary Wilson almost 60 years later

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Mary Wilson’s New Coffee Table Book ‘Supreme Glamour’ Available for Pre-Order

http://sandrarose.com/2019/08/mary-w...for-pre-order/

Did you already have your copy from Amazon UK or will you be pre-ordering from Amazon USA?

AMAZON UK
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Supreme-Gla...s%2C232&sr=1-1

AMAZON USA
    https://www.amazon.com/Supreme-Glamo...s%2C133&sr=8-1

For all the promoting you do here, Mary should gift you with an autographed copy

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Did you already have your copy from Amazon UK or will you be pre-ordering from Amazon USA?

AMAZON UK

AMAZON USA

For all the promoting you do here, Mary should gift you with an autographed copy
    Maybe she will...............<wink!>

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post

AMAZON UK

AMAZON USA

Mary really shoukd i mean hes always front and center at all of Marys NY area gigs.

Maybe she will...............<wink!>
    I think we all know only too well that this will not be happening!

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Mary really shoukd i mean hes always front and center at all of Marys NY area gigs.
    The last time that he saw her here in the NY Metro Area was 2011 in Coney Island. She was in Coney Island again in 2017, but Marv had to be in Pittsburgh because family called first. It happens. I posted here recently that I had to miss a Supremes appearance years ago with DMC because of a family emergency.

But she was here twice at the Cafe Carlyle, where she got good reviews and stayed away from the Supremes catalogue, twice at NYCB Theater in Westbury. Long Island, and once at the State Theater in an Oldies Show, which Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits headlined. If Marv was at any of those shows, he declined to share his experience with us. She will also soon be at The Apollo in Manhatten to promote her book

Considering how much Marv promotes Mary here and elsewhere, I am surprised that he does not see her every time that she appears locally. Some entertainer's fans follow their idols all over the country to see and support them. That is a little over the top. But I am beginning to think that if Mary knocked on Marv's front door, he would run out the back door.

Maybe Mary should send him an autographed copy just to entice him to come to one of her concerts

This is a beautiful book. I have not had a chance to read the written narrative in detail, but the photos are wonderful. The best part by far is the detailed photography that was done of the gowns themselves. The photos we have seen many times from the 60's and 70's do not do the gowns justice, as you can really only see the very intricate designs and beading work up close, via today's high-definition photography. Quite stunning. It is also great to have details included for each featured costume, such as the name, designer, high-profile appearances where the gowns were worn, etc. I only wish we could have had an entire book of this, accounting for the complete collection of Supremes gowns and costumes. However, for what it is, in its present form, I would say this is a must have for all Supremes fans who love and appreciate their glamour. It's wonderful to finally have a comprehensive and stunning coffee table book on our ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    This is a beautiful book. I have not had a chance to read the written narrative in detail, but the photos are wonderful. The best part by far is the detailed photography that was done of the gowns themselves. The photos we have seen many times from the 60's and 70's do not do the gowns justice, as you can really only see the very intricate designs and beading work up close, via today's high-definition photography. Quite stunning. It is also great to have details included for each featured costume, such as the name, designer, high-profile appearances where the gowns were worn, etc. I only wish we could have had an entire book of this, accounting for the complete collection of Supremes gowns and costumes. However, for what it is, in its present form, I would say this is a must have for all Supremes fans who love and appreciate their glamour. It's wonderful to finally have a comprehensive and stunning coffee table book on our ladies.
    Good to hear, especially that there is new photography [[I was fearing repros). Will look forward to seeing the book 'in person'!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Good to hear, especially that there is new photography [[I was fearing repros). Will look forward to seeing the book 'in person'!
    I got my book in brooklyn ny from walmart ordered on aug 22. Came sat 8.31 it is breathtaking. Over 30 gowns on t gallery in marys collection great new photos and more

I thought is wasn’t released in US til 9/17!!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I thought is wasn’t released in US til 9/17!!
    Some l o cal outlets loke walmart making copies earlier i was surprised it came on 8.31vit was duppose t come 9.6. Ebay ha
    s it now for 31.00

I can't wait to get my copy. I don't normally watch Dancing with Stars, but I'll make sure to watching this time. I hope to go to Hollywood and see the show.

Get the book now, save it for Christmas gifts!

I heard a rumor today that Whoopi Goldberg has invited Mary to appear on "The View".

I was thinking same thing! Makes sense.

This book is flawless the cover even with diana looking away is still exquisite. There are over 30 gowns featured only two gowns from t flo era t pink gown worn for mother dear on t dean mart i n show and the mink de cuff worn on t hollywood palace. Mary goes through t
    complete supremes history focusing on their early success and soon flo unhappiness and less of dianas rise as t star. Also she focuses on being disenfranchished about n o t singing on love child and sdwbt and t hope for t terrell led supremes in t 70s a great book a companion in sorts to dreamgirl but it i s so much m o re a complete history unlike dreamgirl which focuses on t business.

I heard a rumor today that Whoopi Goldberg has invited Mary to appear on "The View".
    I hope so. Whoopi always likes Mary.

Mary's book is going to be HUGE! I can feel it. I knew the first was going to be then too.

I agree. So Much publicity. A whole new generation of fans who have discovered Mary and the Supremes!

I agree. So Much publicity. A whole new generation of fans who have discovered Mary and the Supremes!
    That is exactly what is happening. Over on iTunes the Supremes #1's collection just jumped up to #2 on the Top 100 Soul/R&B charts ahead of Janet Jackson and just below Prince!

Mary's book, "Supreme Glamour" made the homepage of AOL yesterday! It linked the article back to Amazon.com

Mary's book, "Supreme Glamour" made the homepage of AOL yesterday! It linked the article back to Amazon.com
    Wow arent you real lucky. Did you buy it from Amazon. If so enjoy cause you know how much you love the Supremes stage gowns.

Mary Wilson's new book, "Supreme Glamour" is now in it's second pressing!!!

Yayyy. Go Mary!

Yayyy. Go Mary!
    Yes.......go all the way to the bank Mary Wilson! She has another winner on her hands with this one.

̀ hope they fix all of the errors when they press.

For those with a Half Price Book Store near them: Many copies of Supreme Glamor are now available at a close-out price.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluckyme View Post
    For those with a Half Price Book Store near them: Many copies of Supreme Glamor are now available at a close-out price.
    Just saw that at Half Price yesterday on the west side of Cleveland. I think it's going
    for 1/2 of the original price or thereabouts. They had a stack of them.