[REMOVE ADS]

Cindy’s UK recordings

Ms Birdsong left the Flos apparently to record in UK. I thought Dancing Room was great as was Cindy’s performance. However not so much the other songs. Per JRT’s book she got stranded there and asked Diana for help to get home but then did so on her own. Wouldn’t the record company provide that?Did it go out of business? I know she appeared at a club there. She then appeared at a couple of US spots and did the Regis show. Did her records get any play in UK?

Cindy appeared at the Talk of the Town [[where The Supremes recorded the live show). It may have been called something else by then? I have some of the show on video. YouTube used to have some of the show. She sang to tracks. As I remember, it wasn't
    very good.
    Here's some fun stuff on The Talk of the Town.
    https://flashbak.com/when-londons-hi...he-town-21635/
    Last edited by lakeside; 08-16-2019 at 08:41 PM.

Yes I’ve seen it. Hippodrome? Diana was there for show.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Ms Birdsong left the Flos apparently to record in UK. I thought Dancing Room was great as was Cindy’s performance. However not so much the other songs. Per JRT’s book she got stranded there and asked Diana for help to get home but then did so on her own. Wouldn’t the record company provide that?Did it go out of business? I know she appeared at a club there. She then appeared at a couple of US spots and did the Regis show. Did her records get any play in UK?
    Cindy appeared at the Hippodome there, in London and at the Palladium [[my favorite club of the 80s) in NYC.

Yes I’ve seen it. Hippodrome? Diana was there for show.
    Several months ago I post 4 or 5 of Cindy's solo recordings here. I'll look for that thread and give you a link.

Thanks Marv!

Thanks Marv!
    You are most welcome Luke.

I think Cindy recorded for Top Hat Records [[?) and I believe they did go belly up.
    I heard they initially wined and dined her and drove her around London in a limo.
    Then rather quickly, things went south. I liked 'Dancing Room'...her other recordings
    at that period...not so much. DR was certainly the best of the lot. I wished at the
    time she would have stayed with The FLOS.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    I think Cindy recorded for Top Hat Records [[?) and I believe they did go belly up.
    I heard they initially wined and dined her and drove her around London in a limo.
    Then rather quickly, things went south. I liked 'Dancing Room'...her other recordings
    at that period...not so much. DR was certainly the best of the lot. I wished at the
    time she would have stayed with The FLOS.
    I think the label was called "Hi Hat" Records Lakeside. I kind of knew she would not stay with the FLOs early on.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I think the label was called "Hi Hat" Records Lakeside. I kind of knew she would not stay with the FLOs early on.
    Yes, Marv...it was Hi Hat Records. Would have been interesting had she stayed in The Flos?

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    Yes, Marv...it was Hi Hat Records. Would have been interesting had she stayed in The Flos?
    I think she, Jean and Scherrie would have made a good team. They all got along very well. I think Cindy needed to try it solo for herself. It was like "its now or never" in her situation. She had always been in groups.

There was some talk of her returning to the Flos when Freddie left.

There was some talk of her returning to the Flos when Freddie left.
    I never knew that. I wonder how that would have worked out.

I know Motown did not do anything to prepare Cindy for a solo career. Still, she was a show biz veteran by the time she finally stepped out on her own. Her Gospel performances were very good.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    You are most welcome Luke.
    You two are funny. LOL

Cindy had a light and reedy voice....she blended very well. As a solo artist, I get bored with her sound fast...I could never listen to a complete LP...same with Flo/ Susaye / Linda...I think as featured soloists in a group setting, they were all fine. I like Diana/ Jean/ Scherrie and Mary as lead vocalists.