[REMOVE ADS]

Update and Donations for the lovely Miss Cindy Birdsong

It's been reported on here and on other websites that Cindy Birdsong has fallen on hard times. There has been a lot of speculation. A donation through HAL has not been well received by the fan base who wish to donate directly to the Songbird.

First of all, Cindy is fine and is being taken care of. She is approaching her 74th birthday and really the health issues she is dealing with is related to her advancing years. She is however in a bad way financially. I'm happy to say that Mary Wilson and Scherrie Payne, along with a devoted fan base, have aligned to see to it that Cindy has basic living supplies and a roof over her head. So far we have been successful and Cindy is appreciative.

If you would like to send a card and a donation to this lovely lady who entertained us for so many years as a Supreme, please do so to the following address:

Cindy Birdsong
    c/o Seapointe
    16458 Bolsa Chica No. 43
    Huntington Beach, CA 92649

He son David Hewlett is handling his mom's financial needs.

Mary and Scherrie have been wonderful about this and both ladies are in touch with our Cindy. I have been contributing from each paycheck for a couple months now.

Give what you can in a card to Cindy. She does read them. Don't be surprised to get a thank you from Miss Cindy.

Please keep this thread clean and in the proper spirit on behalf of Cindy BIrdsong.

RossHolloway Guest
    Thanks for posting this.

Thank You BayouMotownMan.

Thank you for this news BayouMotownMan im going to send Cindy a little something to help her out.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

Thank you Roberta. Every little bit helps.

I'd certainly send a contribution once I knew beyond a doubt that this is all on the up-and-up and that the entire amount would go directly to Cindy herself. I'd be leery of just writing a check payable to "Cindy Birdsong" as long as there's any question of the validity of all this. I don't know exactly how one would go about authenticating it, however. Any thoughts, people?

I'm sorry I should have specified that checks or MOs should be made out to David Hewlett. That is her son. I've sent several contributions and I know it was used for rent, food, and other basic items.

All I can say is no one is forcing anyone to contribute. Do so only from love and respect for Cindy. If you don't feel it or have suspicions, then don't do it. I've been doing it for a couple months

Thank you for posting, BMM.

This seems reliable enough for me. Start with a small donation if you are uneasy.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    I'm sorry I should have specified that checks or MOs should be made out to David Hewlett. That is her son. I've sent several contributions and I know it was used for rent, food, and other basic items.

All I can say is no one is forcing anyone to contribute. Do so only from love and respect for Cindy. If you don't feel it or have suspicions, then don't do it. I've been doing it for a couple months
    Rick
    Thank you for this information I will put something in the mail for Cindy tomorrow.

It is my honor to send monthly donations beginning now. Cindy -- and her sister Supremes -- has brought me a lifetime of pleasure.

I pray that this thread remains positive. None of us knows what tomorrow will bring. Let us each celebrate Miss Birdsong's "tomorrows" in our own quiet and private way.

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    It is my honor to send monthly donations beginning now. Cindy -- and her sister Supremes -- has brought me a lifetime of pleasure.

I pray that this thread remains positive. None of us knows what tomorrow will bring. Let us each celebrate Miss Birdsong's "tomorrows" in our own quiet and private way.
    Beautifully said longtimefan. God bless you and God watch over and heal Miss Birdsong.

From the good book of John:
    Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul.

Roberta

supremester Guest
    I will send something today. Who here, if they could do it over, wishes they could have sent Flo a few bucks?

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    I will send something today. Who here, if they could do it over, wishes they could have sent Flo a few bucks?
    Supremester, you are so right. I have had a good month with my sales so I will send a check to Cindy. I would've done it for Flo back in the day had I known.

Thank you Rick for the information. A check in the morning will be on the way.

Penny

PS
    Thank you AVON for the income

Thanks for the update.

I will send a check to Cindy's son tomorrow on behalf of this wonderful woman who saved the Supremes from their necks when she was needed she gave us much joy. from her recorded background songs "Bah Bah Bah, "Then" from Refelctions: to the tracks on "high energy" .

hello bayoumotownman, I am a reporter for the ny times seeking to contact ms birdsong.Her ex-husband Charles Hewlett does not seem to have any contact with her. Can you please let me know what further information you have, including contact information for Ms Birdsong and her son David Hewlett. Someone posted the address and telephone number of an adult care home in Long Beach, CA, where she is meant to be living, but there seems to be no such place. All help welcome. cordially

Her son is on Facebook.

I had posted an address here several years ago. The information had been provided to me by one of Bette Midler's better-known mid-70's Harlettes who is familiar with Cindy through their church. My post was adjudicated as a 'commercial venture' of some sort and I believe it was removed.

Quote Originally Posted by cpetkanas View Post
    hello bayoumotownman, I am a reporter for the ny times seeking to contact ms birdsong.Her ex-husband Charles Hewlett does not seem to have any contact with her. Can you please let me know what further information you have, including contact information for Ms Birdsong and her son David Hewlett. Someone posted the address and telephone number of an adult care home in Long Beach, CA, where she is meant to be living, but there seems to be no such place. All help welcome. cordially
    Are you really a reporter for the NY Times? Your lack of proper punctuation and grammar makes me think otherwise...

There is a reason why Cindy is living privately and cannot be contacted. Let's respect that.

i would consider donating, but only after I know exactly what the ailment is.
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 08-18-2019 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by helga View Post
    Are you really a reporter for the NY Times? Your lack of proper punctuation and grammar makes me think otherwise...
    HA HA ! Not me! [[ or should I say not "I" lol!)
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 08-18-2019 at 05:32 PM.

I am also a reporter...... on this site

Reading some people’s posts, it really is fake news reporting.

There is a reason why Cindy is living privately and cannot be contacted. Let's respect that.
    Right, and Right On! Sending a blessing to our Cindy.

It is most evident that Cindy's son wishes to keep the whereabouts of his mother private. However much we may wish to find out more information we must respect David's decision. He knows where to come if he thinks an appeal for financial help is in order.
    As ever you are the voice of reason Helga. My very best wishes to you.