[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson at the Apollo

“Supreme Glamour.An Evening with Mary Wilson at the Apollo”. Sept 17.

This is should be something really special and great. Thanks Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I’m sure she’ll be the talk of the town. Streisand better watch out!

This should get very good turnout.

In other news, I really wish some of these folks would quit creating new accounts and just post the same old same old anti Mary sentiments under their usual aliases. Surely trying to manage multiple accounts in order to stir up crap gets tiresome, right?

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post

In other news, I really wish some of these folks would quit creating new accounts and just post the same old same old anti Mary sentiments under their usual aliases. Surely trying to manage multiple accounts in order to stir up crap gets tiresome, right?
    I’m not sure what this is all about but as much as I don’t care for Ms. Wilson’s singing voice, I am looking forward to her new book “Supreme Glamour”.

I don't think there is any way of checking them so this situation will no doubt continůe. It works both ways with the Diana fans and the Mary fans. It is rather weird how "new" members suddenly disappear as quickly as they appear having posted pro/anti Diana or Mary remarks, and it is blatantly obvious who they are. I have studied human behaviour for over 35 years and what these people fail to hide is their key characteristics which can be easily identified if you know what to look for. It is indeed tiresome, and i include both Diana and Mary fans in that.

There two coming out of California in this here forum who are the same person lol!

Same thing on the anti-Diana side. And yes, it gets very old.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    There two coming out of California in this here forum who are the same person lol!
    Isnt there two from NY that joined the exact same day and talk to one another every day on this here forum and agree with everything the other say and they are also the same person. Real funny imo. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I believe That those That were on the old form when we then switched over to the new forum all share the same start date.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Isnt there two from NY that joined the exact same day and talk to one another every day on this here forum and agree with everything the other say and they are also the same person. Real funny imo. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    You are correct as always dear.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    As her number one fan, will you be attending this? If so, will you post a review here for us? I made the same request of you when Mary appeared at Cafe Carlye in November and June and also at Westbury in Long Island. It would have been nice to read your take on her appearances.

Did you pre-order her book?. I have her other books, but I am passing on this one. However, I am wondering if any of the photos in it were the photos that she requested from fans decades ago. She said that she was going to use them for a future book. If she did finally use these photos, it would be nice if she acknowledged us somewhere in the book

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    As her number one fan, will you be attending this? If so, will you post a review here for us? I made the same request of you when Mary appeared at Cafe Carlye in November and June and also at Westbury in Long Island. It would have been nice to read your take on her appearances.

Did you pre-order her book?. I have her other books, but I am passing on this one. However, I am wondering if any of the photos in it were the photos that she requested from fans decades ago. She said that she was going to use them for a future book. If she did finally use these photos, it would be nice if she acknowledged us somewhere in the book
    It would be real nice if Marv and Luke [[LOL) and all the other ZSupremes fans from the NY area bought tickets to the Apollo cause ticket sales a real slow. The havent even opened up the balcony yet as sales need to pick up. Come on NY show up for Miss Wilson.

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/suprem...0056F7CF6C6F4F

Will she sing Red Hot ? LOL

It would be real nice if Marv and Luke [[LOL) and all the other ZSupremes fans from the NY area bought tickets to the Apollo cause ticket sales a real slow. The havent even opened up the balcony yet as sales need to pick up. Come on NY show up for Miss Wilson.

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/suprem...0056F7CF6C6F4F
    It is likely to be cancelled unless ticket sales increase. This is a perfect opportunity for Marv/Luke to show his/their support for his/their no.1 lady when she is most in need of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    It is likely to be cancelled ......
    This is an outrage! What about the three people who bought tickets ???

I bought a ticket t marys event lower mezz. Im interested in hearing her talk about t book. Ill buy a copy at t apollo if she autographs it. Otherwise ill go t strands

If ticket sales are slow then it's criminal. So many of today's so called superstars hardly ever sing live and have a crumb of the vocal talent Mary has. It really is a crying shame, but thats joe public for you.

The advertising is odd. ' ...promises to be a night of love, joy, fashion, music, and laughter.' That and her low name recognition don't make for a sell-out. Is it a concert or a book talk? However Terrance McKnight of NYC's classical music station WQXR is doing the moderating and he is one of my favorite 'QXR on-air personalities. He usually does weeknights but Thursday is a live orchestra night so Terrance will have off. Wilson has a great partner for this evening.

I don’t believe the low recognition thing. Believe it or not especially in the black community Mary Wilson’s name is well known. Because it is not a concert per se, I believe people aren’t picking up tickets early. Most likely people will get tickets at the last minute. Everything will turn out fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    If ticket sales are slow then it's criminal. So many of today's so called superstars hardly ever sing live and have a crumb of the vocal talent Mary has. It really is a crying shame, but thats joe public for you.
    Not sure i agree with you regarding her vocal talent, but i do hear what you say about todays female superstars who rarely sing live. I have been dragged to many of these concerts where the artist is obviously miming. Janet Jackson and Madonna have made a whole career out of it and the newer artists have followed their lead. The only one whom i am convinced sang live throughout was Lady Gaga. Whatever people may think about the quality of Mary's vocals she will without doubt perform a genuine live set.

Repeating what Khansperac said in post #10, everyone who joined the forum before August 2010 is shown as having a start date of August 2010.

If you are looking for a good seat you still have time - Name:  Screenshot_2019-08-26 Tickets Supreme Glamour An Evening With Ms Mary Wilson - New York, NY at T.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  12.4 KB