[REMOVE ADS]

Patrice Rushen Revisits Career Through New Vinyl/CD Retrospective

I got the CD despite having most of the tracks already. Still a nice package and top notch sound. That's interesting that they appear to intend more releases. Rhino did a couple of triple albums on two cds a few years back. Amazon are asking silly money for them now. I must have most of her material but a Patrice package is so hard to resist

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I got the CD despite having most of the tracks already. Still a nice package and top notch sound. That's interesting that they appear to intend more releases. Rhino did a couple of triple albums on two cds a few years back. Amazon are asking silly money for them now. I must have most of her material but a Patrice package is so hard to resist
    I bought those 2 x 2 cd sets too. I am surprised they are out of print so soon. They also released similar compilations on Kashif and Candi Staton.
    This is a good compilation, but fairly similar to a previously released one, but it is essential if you have no Patrice Rushen albums in your collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I bought those 2 x 2 cd sets too. I am surprised they are out of print so soon. They also released similar compilations on Kashif and Candi Staton.
    This is a good compilation, but fairly similar to a previously released one, but it is essential if you have no Patrice Rushen albums in your collection.
    Yes, I got one of Candi's as well. Hopefully the relatively recent Rhino releases don't affect sales of any future ones on the new label.

I buy her re-issues every time they come out, but I’m ready for someone to do a comprehensive job now. There are still 7” versions out there never on CD and we’re in the realm now where album re-issues need to be comprehensive round-ups of the era. Have supported this new compilation, even though it’s missing one of her UK top 40 hits [[she only had 2!) If they now control her catalogue I hope they will now do something not done before.

Looks like a great collection! Still I intend to get all of her albums by themselves. #OCDLOL