[REMOVE ADS]

September Goldmine Has Some Great Motown Stuff

The September issue of Goldmine (www.goldminemag.com) has several features commemorating Motown's 60th anniversary. I have the printed edition since I subscribe to the magazine but from a quick review of the website, it appears that these features are not yet available. I would assume they will be soon.

Anyway, there is an overall story on Motown, plus lengthy interviews with Smokey, Duke Fakir, and Otis Williams. Another feature I enjoyed was a piece where they selected four B sides that in the opinion of the writers were as good as their A sides.

Two of the ones they picked are ones where I would wholeheartedly agree. The Four Tops' "I Got a Feeling," (as you guys know I am always caterwauling on here about what a sensational song that is) and the Supremes' "Bill When Are You Coming Back", the flip side to "Up the Ladder to the Roof."

Some very interesting reading which I hope you guys can see, either in print or online eventually.

Thanks for the news David. Will look for this edition of Goldmine on my newsstand.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Thanks for the news David. Will look for this edition of Goldmine on my newsstand.
    Thanks David. I too was unaware of this but I hope I have better luck at the newsstand with this than I did the Ebony last issue that featured Diana Ross which I still have not acquired and probably never will.

in the pre internet days I periodically got Goldmine and enjoyed it very much! got a ton of my most wanted 60's country 45's from a seller in Nashville that I couldn't find here in NYC without paying $10-$15 ea. at collectors shops.

Here's the cover:

Name:  67954514_10162219618470602_1099212113936646144_n.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  78.0 KB

Thanks. We are luckylucky to have you!

I haven’t seen Goldmine around for a long time but will look!

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluckyme View Post
    Here's the cover:

Name:  67954514_10162219618470602_1099212113936646144_n.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  78.0 KB
    If the 11-disc set mentioned be the Motown Complete Number Ones set, that set was old, as that saluted Motown's Fiftieth Anniversary. A proper Motown 60 commemorative set has not been done yet.