[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1

    and more rare Jean.....

    (couldnt post more than one video link in a post)


  2. #2
    This is one of my favorite Jean songs. I know I'm sounding like a broken record, but it makes me sick to think of all the lost opportunities for great Jean Terrell music after she left the Supremes. Not only does she tie for #1 of my favorite Supreme voices (along with Flo and Diana) but she may even be in my top 10 favorite female vocalist list, if not 10 then 20.

    Also for future reference, if you want to have more than one video in a thread you started, after posting your thread just include another video in your reply, that way you don't have to start multiple threads if you don't wish to.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    This is one of my favorite Jean songs. I know I'm sounding like a broken record, but it makes me sick to think of all the lost opportunities for great Jean Terrell music after she left the Supremes. Not only does she tie for #1 of my favorite Supreme voices (along with Flo and Diana) but she may even be in my top 10 favorite female vocalist list, if not 10 then 20.

    Also for future reference, if you want to have more than one video in a thread you started, after posting your thread just include another video in your reply, that way you don't have to start multiple threads if you don't wish to.
    Oh! that's how to do it - thanks!

  4. #4
    Have you heard some of the early recordings she did with her brother Ernie? They are quite good in my opinion.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Have you heard some of the early recordings she did with her brother Ernie? They are quite good in my opinion.
    yes I have - A Hammer and a nail is outstanding IMO. A TV version of this is on you tube actually, with a lot of stuff from Ernie as to how he would destroy Muhammad Ali, which of course wasn't how it turned out. I think this was Jean's first TV appearance

  6. #6
    "Grandpa's House" is another good one.

  7. #7
    Another one from the 60s


  8. #8
    what year did Jean start recording with Ernie? wasn't she 24 when she joined the Supremes?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    what year did Jean start recording with Ernie? wasn't she 24 when she joined the Supremes?
    She was born in 1944, so 26 when she joined the Supremes?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by waynesville View Post
    She was born in 1944, so 26 when she joined the Supremes?
    That birth year has been published many times and is wrong. In Nov 1969 when Motown announced that Diana was leaving and Jean was joining they listed her age as 23. Now, Jean also had a birthday during this time so that would mean that Jean was born in 1946 or 47. Jean made it no secret while in the group that she was younger than Mary and Cindy

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Another one from the 60s

    Marv

    Thanks for finding and posting this one. Naturally, the song wasn't the best - but Jean's voice is unmistakeable - and destined to much better things.

    As others have mentioned, Jean was an incredible lead singer for the Supremes - and the first three LP (Right On, New Ways But Love Stays and Touch) + the first two of the Supremes + Four Tops LP enabled us to really hear Jean's fabulous singing voice.

  12. #12
    You're most welcome Gordy_Hunk! Jean is awesome!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    That birth year has been published many times and is wrong. In Nov 1969 when Motown announced that Diana was leaving and Jean was joining they listed her age as 23. Now, Jean also had a birthday during this time so that would mean that Jean was born in 1946 or 47. Jean made it no secret while in the group that she was younger than Mary and Cindy
    interesting....I didn't know that

  14. #14


    Beginning at 18:43 .... February 4, 1967 (I was 3 days old!)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.