[REMOVE ADS]

the duets - a discussion

this came up in the LTISH thread and figured the D&M duet album, plus all of the other duets, would make an interesting new thread. for sake of discussion, let's focus ONLY on the studio work and not the tv specials

for the most part, as a whole i find the duet work lacking. there are some individual tracks that are sensational and therefore justify the whole thing.

D&M - You are Everything, you're a special part of me and just say, just say are the only tracks i find compelling enough to listen to regularly or include on playlists

Sup & Temps - I'm gonna make you love me, try it baby, why must we fall are the ones i really care about here

Sup & Tops - River, for your love, i'm glad about it, melodie [[and honorable mention to Jean's high-flying vocals on Gotta Have Love)

Diana solo [[aside from Marvin) - while i recognize the importance of Endless Love it's so saccharin and over played at weddings that i'm sick of it. I sort of prefer All Of You.

I liked my mistake w Marvin.
    Try it baby.....funky Broadway from Join.
    Why must we fall in love together

Supremes and Tempts: I love both of their studio albums and can usually play the through without skipping a track. But my faves are I'M GONNA MAKE YOU LOVE ME, I'LL TRY SOMETHING NEW, A PLACE IN THE SUN, SWEET INSPIRATION, THEN, STUBBORN KIND OF FELLOW, FOR BETTER OR WORSE, and WHY.

Supremes and Tops: I'm not as fond of their albums but each has its moments: RIVER DEEP-MOUNTAIN HIGH, IF YOU COULD SEE ME NOW, I'M GLAD ABOUT IT, WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DO, GOOD LOVIN' AIN'T EASY TO COME BY, and DON'T LET ME LOSE THIS DREAM.

Diana solo: I love the DIANA AND MARVIN album, as well as ENDLESS LOVE and DREAMING OF YOU [[with Lionel Richie), BIG BAD LOVE [[with Ray Charles). Probably the only one I really dislike is NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO with Al B. Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Supremes and Tempts: I love both of their studio albums and can usually play the through without skipping a track. But my faves are I'M GONNA MAKE YOU LOVE ME, I'LL TRY SOMETHING NEW, A PLACE IN THE SUN, SWEET INSPIRATION, THEN, STUBBORN KIND OF FELLOW, FOR BETTER OR WORSE, and WHY.

Supremes and Tops: I'm not as fond of their albums but each has its moments: RIVER DEEP-MOUNTAIN HIGH, IF YOU COULD SEE ME NOW, I'M GLAD ABOUT IT, WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DO, GOOD LOVIN' AIN'T EASY TO COME BY, and DON'T LET ME LOSE THIS DREAM.

Diana solo: I love the DIANA AND MARVIN album, as well as ENDLESS LOVE and DREAMING OF YOU [[with Lionel Richie), BIG BAD LOVE [[with Ray Charles). Probably the only one I really dislike is NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO with Al B. Sure.
    Her duet with Al B Sure is one of my favorites. Love the R&B feel to it.