[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Seed of Love

Seed of Love

This was the song I played most when the Let Yourself Go set was released. I love everything about it, especially Mary in the background.

this song always makes me blush lolol. perhaps i'm just needing to get my mind out of the gutter

I find this track to be just ok. i sort of view it as generic disco, as i do quite a few of the Sup 75 tracks [[released and unreleased). that lp was a bit short and could have maybe used another track or two. and frankly the idiotic Where Is It I Belong should have never been released.

I Can Never Recover is the biggest missed opportunity IMO from the Sup 75 tracks.

Can We Love Again is a good one but i think it needed a little work on the choruses. it's too repetitive of the title. maybe have the bg vocals do that but give Mary's lead a little more song lyrics to use.

Sorry I can't get into this.. lackluster to me

I also enjoy this song. I think this should have been on The Supremes [[1975) album replacing Where Is It I Belong or This Is Why I Believe In You. I Can Never Recover and Can We Love Again should have been added.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    This was the song I played most when the Let Yourself Go set was released. I love everything about it, especially Mary in the background.

This sounds like something Stevie Wonder would have written and produced for them.

The male voice sounds like Lamont Dozier. Is it?

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    this song always makes me blush lolol. perhaps i'm just needing to get my mind out of the gutter

I find this track to be just ok. i sort of view it as generic disco, as i do quite a few of the Sup 75 tracks [[released and unreleased). that lp was a bit short and could have maybe used another track or two. and frankly the idiotic Where Is It I Belong should have never been released.

I Can Never Recover is the biggest missed opportunity IMO from the Sup 75 tracks.

Can We Love Again is a good one but i think it needed a little work on the choruses. it's too repetitive of the title. maybe have the bg vocals do that but give Mary's lead a little more song lyrics to use.
    I agree. That album was way too short, and as regards the dismal "where is it i belong" it should never have been recorded, let alone released. Terrible song.
    As regards Seed of love it is merely okay. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Bend a little would be my pick of the canned tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by blkfrost View Post
    I also enjoy this song. I think this should have been on The Supremes [[1975) album replacing Where Is It I Belong or This Is Why I Believe In You. I Can Never Recover and Can We Love Again should have been added.
    That pair of clunkers were my least favourites from those sessions too. Whoever decided they were worthy of release must have been high at the time.

This Is Why might have worked better with Scherrie in the lead.

frankly i find Sup 75 to be just too schizophrenic. so many different styles and ideas. it's as uncohesive as Silk Electric. and too many Mary tracks. her voice just didn't have the energy for wild dance songs.

Perhaps they should have gone more pop to start with. re-introduce the girls to the general public, which wasn't really all that into disco in 75. Sat Night Fever was what really broke disco into the mainstream and that wasn't released until fall 77.

so start with

Color my world
    Turn me around
    it's all been said before
    sha la
    Give out
    you can't stop a girl in love
    shoop shoop
    can we love again

then follow up with a disco album

He's my man
    where do i go from here
    i can never recover
    mr boogie
    dance fever
    Bend a little
    seed of love
    early morning love

... I'm imagining your reaction to the song 'Bend a Little' being followed by 'Seed of Love' as has been suggested! 'I Can Never Recover' could follow up 'Seed', and perhaps the entire lp side should start with 'Give Out' leading into 'Early Morning Love'. I'll leave it up to others to decide where 'Turn Me Around' fits in.
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 08-08-2019 at 11:34 AM.

Just a little trivia: Cindy really liked Plant The Seed Of Love and when she saw the final LP line-up she was disappointed that it wasn't included. She would have preferred it in place of Early Morning Love. The Supremes have their favorites too! Scherrie's is Color My World Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    Just a little trivia: Cindy really liked Plant The Seed Of Love and when she saw the final LP line-up she was disappointed that it wasn't included. She would have preferred it in place of Early Morning Love. The Supremes have their favorites too! Scherrie's is Color My World Blue.
    Truly interesting; we don't hear enough about Cindy's contributions and opinions so this is great to hear. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    ... I'm imagining your reaction to the song 'Bend a Little' being followed by 'Seed of Love' as has been suggested! 'I Can Never Recover' could follow up 'Seed', and perhaps the entire lp side should start with 'Give Out' leading into 'Early Morning Love'. I'll leave it up to others to decide where 'Turn Me Around' fits in.
    lolololol

Followed by Diana's I Ain't Been Licked lolol

i think Seed is a better song too! the lyrics to Early Morning Love are a bit too corny

I love this song, "Where Is It I Belong":

This Is Why might have worked better with Scherrie in the lead.

frankly i find Sup 75 to be just too schizophrenic. so many different styles and ideas. it's as uncohesive as Silk Electric. and too many Mary tracks. her voice just didn't have the energy for wild dance songs.

Perhaps they should have gone more pop to start with. re-introduce the girls to the general public, which wasn't really all that into disco in 75. Sat Night Fever was what really broke disco into the mainstream and that wasn't released until fall 77.

so start with

Color my world
    Turn me around
    it's all been said before
    sha la
    Give out
    you can't stop a girl in love
    shoop shoop
    can we love again

then follow up with a disco album

He's my man
    where do i go from here
    i can never recover
    mr boogie
    dance fever
    Bend a little
    seed of love
    early morning love
    That sounds like a spendid idea. Get rid of the drivel and concentrate on the Scherrie led tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I love this song, "Where Is It I Belong":

It is awful. Dull, tedious and dreary. One of the worst Supremes songs ever.

I knew that Scherrie loved Color My World Blue [[don't we all?) but i did not know about Cindy's preferences .
    Early Morning Love suffers from a poor lead vocal from Mary. I think it would have sounded much better with a Scherrie lead vocal. Pity such a thing does not exist.

i need to dig around in my Sup memorabilia box. i have a copy of the fan magazine published while the girls were recording Sup 75. the writer [[Thom was it you?) lists a variety of the tracks that he got to hear and the girls comment a bit on them. None of the girls were overly thrilled with Shoop. just felt it wasn't "now" and they were hoping to find things more current and relevant.

I do recall a lot of group excitement in the article around Color. I don't think He's My Man was recorded yet. The author does list Dance Fever, Seed of Love [[i think), this is why and quite a few more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    haha - now there would be an interesting and entertaining thread

That sounds like a spendid idea. Get rid of the drivel and concentrate on the Scherrie led tracks.
    well to be honest, i don't know that the two lps would have enough strength individually. the first one is pretty solid with the Ivey Woodford tracks. the disco one has some good tracks but some mediocre ones too.

lolololol

Followed by Diana's I Ain't Been Licked lolol
    NOW, sir, [[or, madam) you have crossed the fragile limits of true human decency. Have you NO shame? [[I love it!)

Love Color My World Blue. Great track

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    Love Color My World Blue. Great track
    Same here. That was a great record!

I agree. 💯