[REMOVE ADS]

Jimmy ruffin it's wonderful to be loved by you live

Great rare footage. It's cut off a little. https://youtu.be/ck7NSFXoMas

Quote Originally Posted by Soulmusic4life View Post
    Great rare footage. It's cut off a little. https://youtu.be/ck7NSFXoMas
    How cool that this isn't just Jimmy singing to the recorded album version, but an entirely new music backing. I always felt this could have been a fantastic single.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance View Post
    How cool that this isn't just Jimmy singing to the recorded album version, but an entirely new music backing. I always felt this could have been a fantastic single.
    Criminally underrated artist. The songs should have smashes in the US. This one was a UK single hit. #6 in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance View Post
    I've always loved Jimmy's "It's Wonderful To Be Loved By You", too, Waiting. I prefer the mid-tempo Motown recording, although this newer, slowed-down version was pretty darned good, too! And, you're so right -- it should have been released as a single.

Many thanks it`s buzz to see a new clip.I liked Jimmy up to this time. I didn`t care too much for the "Groove Governor"

I love this track. As with a number of UK Motown singles from that era, when they'd been pulled off albums we got the stereo mix. The same applied, for instance, to "Tears Of A Clown". [[For TOAC, that was a good move!)

I was therefore fascinated in more recent times to hear the true mono mix of the IWTBLBY on "The Ultimate Motown Collection" CD1. Until now, I'm still not certain which mix I prefer.

The sad thing from a UK perspective is that Jimmy's next UK single release was called "On The Way Out", and it aptly described what happened to his run of UK chart hits back then.

This also happened to the Pet Shop Boys around 1990, when they released a single called "Being Boring".

I think that there's a lesson there regarding choices of song titles for single release.

Great clip, was this a British studio production, think that is Tony Blackburn at the end of the clip so it was probably "Top Of The Pops".

Man Jimmy can sing. Sadly underrated. Motown had so much talent and not enough time.