[REMOVE ADS]

Jimmy ruffin story - on soul facts show

A good biography on Mr. Jimmy Ruffin:

This is Pt. 2:

Here is Pt. 3:

Thanks Marv for finding and posting these great videos on Jimmy Ruffin. I learned a lot from them. The most interesting thing was that Sings Top Ten had two different labels.
    I bet a lot of people who have an interest in Jimmy did not realize that he had a release with Brenda Holloway either.

Keep up the great work. You are a wonderful asset to the Motown Forum. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    Thanks Marv for finding and posting these great videos on Jimmy Ruffin. I learned a lot from them. The most interesting thing was that Sings Top Ten had two different labels.
    I bet a lot of people who have an interest in Jimmy did not realize that he had a release with Brenda Holloway either.

Keep up the great work. You are a wonderful asset to the Motown Forum. Thank you.
    Thank you very much Woodward!

Thanks Marv, and congrats to Mike Boone [[The Chancellor Of Soul) !!!

I remember Jimmy in Northampton in the 90T's on the Motorcity tour showing a whole different RocknRoll-orientated side to his voice. He was proud of his Mississippi R&R roots. I love Jimmy's Motown work but was [[pleasantly) surprised by his "other" voice as I was by Laurence Payton's rock voice singing Jumpin' Jack Flash in Birmingham not long afterwards. For one I didn't realise what wonderful "other" voices our Motown heroes often had.