[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson Interview - Lamont's Jazz Break WCHR Harlem

Here's an interview that is very different from other interviews Mary has done. It is from Harlems WCHR radio station:

https://soundcloud.com/whcrnews/lamo...lson-interview

Oh dear Lord thats a terrible interview. All muffled and real confusing, Mary need a new publicist. Best line was Im not your dear sister Im Miss Mary Wilson. She was right he wasnt showing respect.
    Last edited by Roberta75; 08-01-2019 at 12:55 AM.

What a great change of pace interview and they know their Mary Wilson music! Thanks Marv!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    What a great change of pace interview and they know their Mary Wilson music! Thanks Marv!
    You're most welcome Luke! Several of Mary's 90s singles received radio airplay in NYC.

I agree. What a mess of an interview. The interviewers were not respectful at all. "Play anything!" As if. Then going on and on, calling her "my dear sister"! Plus, then one of them went on and on about Freda Payne and started singing her songs during her interview. If I was Ms Wilson, I would have hung up the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I agree. What a mess of an interview. The interviewers were not respectful at all. "Play anything!" As if. Then going on and on, calling her "my dear sister"! Plus, then one of them went on and on about Freda Payne and started singing her songs during her interview. If I was Ms Wilson, I would have hung up the phone.
    I agree Carlo. If Mary had a good PR person theyd have advise her NOT to do this interview.

Yeah that interview was absolutely horrid. The interviewer seems to have done very little research of Mary. What did exist as limited information probably came from the other dude who already knew Mary personally. The two of them whispering to one another in the background as Mary spoke was so unprofessional. I think the interviewer rubbed Mary the wrong way from the jump as soon as he asked who was he speaking to. I can't tell if that's just his way with an interview [[perhaps an unprofessional way of asking the person to introduce themselves to the listening audience) or if he really was unsure of who was first on his interview schedule. I got the impression that Mary believed it was the latter, and while there were times when her Maxine Powell lessons forced her to cut some of the tense air with a laugh, I think the damage was done early. No way do I believe that Mary Wilson would normally ever take offense to the use of "my dear sister", as it has been used in our community, under any other circumstance. This dude got under her skin. Had he called her Miss Mary Wilson, she would've taken offense to that. Mary is normally very excited and personable and fun during interviews. This interview was not one of those times and I blame the interviewer for that. I bet Mary gave somebody a good tongue lashing when they left the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    I agree Carlo. If Mary had a good PR person theyd have advise her NOT to do this interview.
    It's always sad to see an ex: Supreme have to resort to this kind of down-market outlet for publicity; even if she has a good PR person this may be the best she was offered. After all it's not like she can sell out Radio City or attract excitement over even the hint that a new album may be recorded.
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 08-02-2019 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    The one guy that was going back and forth with Mary after she asked him how old he was was starting to piss her off I could tell.