[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Charles Barkley

Charles Barkley

TNT's Charles Barkley criticizes CNN debate structure, says neither major party cares about black people

Usually in political news, you get slanted truth.

Here, he tells the truth.

In my many years of going to major league games in Boston, Charles Barkley was the best superstar to normal people.

One game he came out early to practice, the kids were all calling to him. He said go over to these seats, and I will come to you after I practice. He did. He spent a lot of time with each kid, signing stuff and really talking to them.

edafan

The Democratic Party takes black voters for granted, knowing that they will predominately vote Dem. Republicans are approaching existential threat status, so the choice is between the party that will ignore you or the one that pays attention to you because it wants you gone.

Neither party cares about minorities,but we're here so they smile and throw us a bone[minimum wage]anyone who thinks that a congressman-or woman is on your side better wake up...this is the same body that some years back wanted to give themselves a [100%]raise in salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    The Democratic Party takes black voters for granted, knowing that they will predominately vote Dem. Republicans are approaching existential threat status, so the choice is between the party that will ignore you or the one that pays attention to you because it wants you gone.
    Politicians need to be held responsible. Facts are facts. Somebody pissed away 1.8 fucking billion $$$$ of our money during Obama’s reign in 2009 given to Baltimore with NO notable improvement. Hum.... they sb fired. I have never had a job where I was NOT accountable for my performance.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bre...-stimulus/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Politicians need to be held responsible. Facts are facts. Somebody pissed away 1.8 fucking billion $$$$ of our money during Obama’s reign in 2009 given to Baltimore with NO notable improvement. Hum.... they sb fired. I have never had a job where I was NOT accountable for my performance.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bre...-stimulus/amp/
    That's from Breitbart, a fact-challenged, racist, Obama-hating, lying rag. Don't give that crap oxygen.
    Last edited by sansradio; 07-31-2019 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by edafan View Post
    TNT's Charles Barkley criticizes CNN debate structure, says neither major party cares about black people

Usually in political news, you get slanted truth.

Here, he tells the truth.

In my many years of going to major league games in Boston, Charles Barkley was the best superstar to normal people.

One game he came out early to practice, the kids were all calling to him. He said go over to these seats, and I will come to you after I practice. He did. He spent a lot of time with each kid, signing stuff and really talking to them.

edafan
    I remember when I was living in Philly, i was a Sixers game where Barkley spit a huge gob on these kids sitting courtside! LOL! It was an accident, but he still did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    It is a bad situation. It makes me happy when I think that I registered as an Independent in 1980 my first Presidential election.

I decided a while back that no President or politician is going to do anything to make my life better. Sadly, I have been right!

You could wait for some insight about the Baltimore fiasco from CNN, a fact-challenged, racist [[Don Lemon etc.) Trump -hating, lying rag. Good luck with that !!

Charles Barkley can swallow a basketball for all I care. I still love him as a player and adore his sense of humor, but he also likes to shuck and jive because he rubs elbows with certain elite. He lost my respect some years ago, which hurt because I was a big Barkley fan. But on this he's right. The debate structure sucked and neither party has any real care for the Black community. This country really doesn't stand a good chance until we do away with the two party system, something I don't believe we'll ever do. And we really don't stand a chance unless we vote our top idiot out next year. We might be able to make even a tiny bit of progress with that America hating Trump and his trash administration and trashier Trump family out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Charles Barkley can swallow a basketball for all I care. I still love him as a player and adore his sense of humor, but he also likes to shuck and jive because he rubs elbows with certain elite. He lost my respect some years ago, which hurt because I was a big Barkley fan. But on this he's right. The debate structure sucked and neither party has any real care for the Black community. This country really doesn't stand a good chance until we do away with the two party system, something I don't believe we'll ever do. And we really don't stand a chance unless we vote our top idiot out next year. We might be able to make even a tiny bit of progress with that America hating Trump and his trash administration and trashier Trump family out of the way.
    I met Charles Barkley in 1987 when he was acting as a promoter for the popular 80s girl group, "Expose". It was a club "Scintillations" right outside of Philadelphia. He and I were the only black guys in the club that night and we struck up a conversation. A few months later he was stopped and arrested in Atlantic City for carrying a firearm in his car that was not registered.

regarding the latest political "Blooper"
    attributed to [[ then Gov ) Reagan

Will we go back and get rid of every politician, who did something "bad"

to me the worst were Thomas Jefferson's biological lineage
    and Andrew Jackson's pillage of American Indians

A friend of mine was on guard duty in WWII in France, when General Patton pulled up.
    An officer went over to him, and said "General those civilians are starving, can we feed them." I cannot print his reply with all the curse words.

edafan

CB gets on my nerves BUT in this instance, he's right.