[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Check Out the Extended - Four Tops "Shake Me, Wake Me (When It's Over)"

    This is just wonderful.


  2. #2
    The original here had a better rhythm to it.


  3. #3
    Something I just learned today. The Four Tops singles almost always charted higher in Canada than in the U.S.! Interesting.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Something I just learned today. The Four Tops singles almost always charted higher in Canada than in the U.S.! Interesting.
    That's VERY interesting and pretty cool! Funny how some performers rate higher across the board in some countries than here in the U.S.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    This is just wonderful.

    What I like about this being able to hear the Tops' backing vocals so clearly. A lot more going on than you can really tell on the fully mixed singles/album tracks.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance View Post
    What I like about this being able to hear the Tops' backing vocals so clearly. A lot more going on than you can really tell on the fully mixed singles/album tracks.
    Agree it's so good hearing the backing vocals so clearly! LEVI at his Best as Always! Amazing sometimes how quickly The Four Top put vocals, often before rushing off to the airport, they really paid their dues even before signing for Motown.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybs View Post
    Agree it's so good hearing the backing vocals so clearly! LEVI at his Best as Always! Amazing sometimes how quickly The Four Top put vocals, often before rushing off to the airport, they really paid their dues even before signing for Motown.
    I've seen with my own eyes, Levi rushing off and into the airport in Detroit!

  8. #8
    Marv, those background vocals are gorgeous! And how those Motown strings are soaring! Where did you find this mix?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    This is just wonderful.

    Beautiful! Ah, Mosogotam, of course! I should have known! Real good stuff!

  10. #10
    "Er, guys. That's great, but it'll never get airplay. Firstly, it's too long, and secondly, it goes off the boil a lot, and the kids will switch off and lose interest.

    "Do you guys think that you can do what you did to 'Band Of Gold' and trim it down to less than three minutes of pure, hard-hitting magic?

    "Yeah? That's great! Let me know when it's done.

    "Oh, by the way. Those backing vocals are absolutely tremendous. So sophisticated and multi-layered. But they're just too much for today's kids. Can you push them back in the mix a bit, please?"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.